For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Discuss

#1 Post by T.Q. »

:lol:

:magnum:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Steve-O
Commander

Re: Discuss

#2 Post by Steve-O »

T.Q. wrote:Image
I am compelled to concur. Sometimes I think perhaps it could be a thread of its own on its own website.
There's some quibbling in there that reminds me of some grade school playground banter. :(
Time to break out the nightstick Thomas.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Steve-O wrote:
T.Q. wrote:Image
I am compelled to concur. Sometimes I think perhaps it could be a thread of its own on its own website.
There's some quibbling in there that reminds me of some grade school playground banter. :(
Time to break out the nightstick Thomas.
I'm guilty of playground banter myself.

It's my playful gorilla mask side when I'm here.

I stopped posting jokes and such in the reboot section though because some just got so upset all the time.

Unfortunately, some of those posters that got knickers in their knot followed me elsewhere.

Now Magnum Mania is no longer a safe space for me. :wink:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

You have worked tirelessly at making others feel like it is not a safe space . You know that right ? Now you want to claim it’s not a safe place for you ?
Your Most active forum is in the Reboot Talk section of the forum with
[ 363 Posts / 56.19% of user’s posts ]
That’s a lot of post to just talk about a show that you don’t like and don’t watch .

I am asking you nicely to be productive around here ., finish your fourth wall project discuss the 80’s version of Magnum in the appropriate place and stop trying to devide the forum .

Thank you

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

Laohu wrote: Your Most active forum is in the Reboot Talk section of the forum with
[ 363 Posts / 56.19% of user’s posts ]
That’s a lot of post to just talk about a show that you don’t like and don’t watch .

Thank you
You're being disingenuous.

Most of that was announcement, pre-production and the first 1/4 of season 1 and you know that Laohu.

I haven't posted on the reboot section for a long time (but for the odd comment every once in a while) out of respect for posters like you.

I will pretend your "thank you" was as an acknowledgment of that fact and say you're welcome.

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by MHTR »

My view from the beginning was it shouldn't be a part of this website. Except under "Other TV shows" because that's what it is.
Magnum Mania! For all things "original" Magnum, P.I.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

MHTR wrote:My view from the beginning was it shouldn't be a part of this website. Except under "Other TV shows" because that's what it is.
Magnum Mania! For all things "original" Magnum, P.I.
I agree.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

I disagree.......our Founding Father JJ, who created Magnum Mania! For all things Magnum P.I. did the right thing by creating a separate section for the reboot. Could it be in the Other TV Show section....sure, but it wouldn’t be the best fit. I think with it being such a unique situation where this particular reboot show is actually called Magnum PI, it warrants a separate section where we can dissect it in great detail with more threads. Either way, we would still be discussing the reboot on this site so why not place in the right space and do it properly. We could also say that the reboot fits very nicely in the Magnum PI Talk Section! Again, I think JJ made the right call there too......OMG did he ever make the right call not putting it in there!! A separate section keeps each show’s threads separate so it’s easier to find things for both shows and more importantly allows for separation between members who are either for or against the reboot to enjoy this excellent site without being in each others space (original or reboot). Some will never open that door to the other version of MPI and that’s their choice, but if one is feeling curious or bored that day they can open it at any time and take look inside and if you prefer not to, it’s always behind a closed door and out of sight.....the best of both worlds. Basically he added it to respect the space of the diehards and keep the topics separate while acknowledging the reboot is still Magnum related (like it or not). The reboot section makes MM a more complete and better site (imo) and has opened the door to new and fresh conversations that we haven’t had for years, not to mention it has attracted new members as well. YES, it has also come with challenges and arguments as well, but I think we are all mature enough to iron things out. For the record I think the original is hands down better than the reboot and it will always be my favorite show of all time. Furthermore I wasn’t excited to hear a reboot was coming, but I’m open minded enough to accept it on MM and discuss it in the reboot section. Also, that separation JJ created also allows both camps to enjoy the same excellent site while keeping things civil.....well it should, but that takes our members to act in a more Magnum like manner to achieve. As we all know, the reboot has morphed from a touchy subject into a very hyper-sensitive one on both sides, so going forward and for the better of this site, I suggest that it might be best that some members play in the separate sandboxes that JJ wisely created and if you want to open the door to the other side (original or reboot) and “play”, one must not throw sand, stir the pot, etc. especially directed at other members, even in fun as the topic is obviously too touchy to go down that road. At this point I don’t care who started or restarted the negative back and forth, lets just act like mature adults and move on and fix this black-eye before it gets worse. I would also suggest that certain members avoid quoting one another in any section, as they just don’t get along period (they are like chemicals that when kept separate are safe, but when mixed they spontaneously ignite), :shock: but that’s not my place to decide......maybe they can see that for themselves. :wink: I know we are all not going to see eye to eye on many topics, but we should be able to be civil with one another especially in today’s messed up world. Lets get back to a more pleasant site that we all enjoy and do away with the banter. :)

sandbiscuits
Captain

#9 Post by sandbiscuits »

Kenji, you make excellent points. That is a thorough and compelling argument.

The reboot is not just any "other" show and it's not the original, so the reboot forum is perfect for allowing healthy separation.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#10 Post by Pahonu »

Well stated, Kenji.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by LZeitgeist »

I think it's hilarious to read this thread, then click the "View Active Topics" link and the ONLY thing that comes up is 5 threads in the Reboot section.

I guess you guys are all talked out about the original series after 32 years? Nothing to say? Or more accurately, nothing NEW to say?

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

It's getting even more interesting:

If you change the parameters in the "Active Topics" to one year, you'll find that all 66 (!!) of the most active topics from the last 365 days are from the reboot section.

Not bad for an "Other TV-Show"
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/search.ph ... ive_topics

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:I think it's hilarious to read this thread, then click the "View Active Topics" link and the ONLY thing that comes up is 5 threads in the Reboot section.

I guess you guys are all talked out about the original series after 32 years? Nothing to say? Or more accurately, nothing NEW to say?
Well, that was kinda my point.

This is the most amazing tribute and archive site of any classic show I’ve ever seen.

Notice it’s been taken over that’s all.