Season 2 Episode 18: A World of Trouble (2.18)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
17%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
17%
8.5 (Very Good)
No votes
8.0 (Pretty Good)
33%
7.5 (Decent)
No votes
7.0 (Average at Best)
17%
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
17%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
No votes

Total votes: 6

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 18: A World of Trouble (2.18)

#1 Post by KENJI »

Just a title at this point.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 18: A World of Trouble (2.18)

#2 Post by KENJI »

Here's this episode's storyline.........
As their wedding day approaches, :shock: Magnum and Higgins help a modern-day Robin Hood who, thinking she was helping a school obtain needed supplies, unknowingly stole illicit drugs; Rick helps a retired soldier re-enter the workforce as a civilian.

It will be interesting to see how far the writers go with them getting "married". They could shut it down, before the big day (i.e. somehow her visa gets renewed) or they could have them actually get "married" to keep Juliette in the U.S.. Maybe they have them "married" for a few episodes before they have it annulled. I think they will go with the first one (visa renewed), but who knows with these writers. Either way I see their friendship getting closer to a real relationship :wink:, but this storyline will be stretched out for the rest of the series. I wonder if Lenkov will have Juliette and Thomas walking down the aisle for real in the reboot's finale which would be similar to the original finale where there was another wedding - Rick and Chloe. I doubt Thomas (Jay) will struggle with the "I do" line like Rick did in the original series. I could be way off here - all guesses. Time will tell.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Trailer/promo for this episode...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OW5dB6m3dk

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

The scene with Jin playing pool in the nude while Higgins is in the room was different to say the least......him mounting Robin's $20,000 table to make a shot was funny and gross at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jY5hXgrgg

Higgins gets cold feet after talking to Gordon and calls off the wedding to Thomas and decides to "marry".....wait for it.................................................................T.C.! :shock: :roll: :roll:
I don't think it going to happen....something else will happen to keep her in the country.

Kamekona from HFO makes an appearance on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmi5PWLaBxQ

I didn't like the bus scene........not one of the 100+ bullets that hit the slooooow moving bus hit Thomas, Higgins or their client. Too many shooters with too many bullets for them not to hit at least one of them!
Reduce the number of shooters and firepower to make it more believable.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

KENJI wrote:The scene with Jin playing pool in the nude while Higgins is in the room was different to say the least......him mounting Robin's $20,000 table to make a shot was funny and gross at the same time.
The entire conversation was hilarious!
Those are exacttly the kind of situations that we want to see Juliet (and Jonathan) being in!
Thanks for sharing!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:The scene with Jin playing pool in the nude while Higgins is in the room was different to say the least......him mounting Robin's $20,000 table to make a shot was funny and gross at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jY5hXgrgg

Higgins gets cold feet after talking to Gordon and calls off the wedding to Thomas and decides to "marry".....wait for it.................................................................T.C.! :shock: :roll: :roll:
I don't think it going to happen....something else will happen to keep her in the country.

Kamekona from HFO makes an appearance on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmi5PWLaBxQ

I didn't like the bus scene........not one of the 100+ bullets that hit the slooooow moving bus hit Thomas, Higgins or their client. Too many shooters with too many bullets for them not to hit at least one of them!
Reduce the number of shooters and firepower to make it more believable.
I agree about the bus scene, before that I was thinking how refreshing it was to have an episode without automatic weapons fire that never seems to penetrate a thin little barrier.........I love the episodes with Rick and T.C. helping out a veteran, I had tears in my eyes when Murphy was sitting on his motel bed in full regalia unable to make a job interview..... Should be an interesting final episode this season....

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Laohu »

Well I guess the villains did shoot with the precision of imperial storm troopers but Magnum PI has never been a show built on realism. Over all it was a entertaining episode with both fun and hart felt moments . I think the writing has improved and I like the way they are using Katsumoto now . Having Katsumoto have less screen time seems to help the flow of the show and helps to highlight the other characters more .

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

Laohu wrote:Well I guess the villains did shoot with the precision of imperial storm troopers but Magnum PI has never been a show built on realism. Over all it was a entertaining episode with both fun and hart felt moments . I think the writing has improved and I like the way they are using Katsumoto now . Having Katsumoto have less screen time seems to help the flow of the show and helps to highlight the other characters more .
I agree, less screen time for Gordon will help with the flow and highlight the other characters.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Juliette calling off the fake engagement..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z10sV4fwL-M

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Laohu »

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by eagle »

I found Thomas's approval of the "Robin Hood" to be highly offensive to the character of Thomas Magnum. There is no way Tom Selleck's Magnum would ever have approved of such illegal behaviour. This entire episode didn't sit right with me.

Unlike the others above, I was not amused by Jin's nudity. It was way too low-brow, but then this remake is low-brow as compared to the original.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I haven‘t watched episode 18 yet, so I am not able to compare this to the following:

Off the top of my head, I remember correctly, Original Magnum collaborated with and helped „Robin Hood“ 47 times bankrobber Garwood Huddle in one episode and I don’t recall any outragement about how disgraceful and offending to the role and character that was.

That aside, Icepick obviously does not always stand on the correct side of law and Original Magnum often teams up with criminals to get the information that he needs.

Magnum P.I. is not that black and white like some people wish to think.