Season 2 episode 17 The Night has eyes

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 episode 17 The Night has eyes

#1 Post by Laohu »

MAGNUM AND HIGGINS TAKE THE CASE OF RECOVERING THE STOLEN URN OF A WOMAN’S HUSBAND, BUT THEY SOON FIND THAT OTHERS BELIEVE THE URN IS WORTH KILLING FOR, ON “MAGNUM P.I.,” FRIDAY, APRIL 24

Former Professional Football Player Andre Reed Guest Stars as Himself

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 episode 17 The Night has eyes

#2 Post by KENJI »

In the last episode Higgins and Magnum were holding hands pretending to be a couple for a case and in this episode Magnum suggests "marriage" as way around Juliette's expired visa issue. It's interesting that neither one of them have been on a date of late either.
Also, in earlier episodes Higgins would go to the guest house and find a female who had stayed the night....we are not seeing that anymore.
The writer's are definitely playing with the idea of bringing the two of them together. I'm sure they will streeeetch the will they or won't they storyline for as long as they can......probably right down to the final episode.

Here is the promo for this episode.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_iQ6OkU_k

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

The last episode might just be a wedding scene with Juliette uttering; I...I...I....Fade to black.
I thought the episode was pretty good. the Andre' Reed part was a bit strange but hey, never hurts to have a MVP sports player pop in to an episode every now and again....

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote:In the last episode Higgins and Magnum were holding hands pretending to be a couple for a case and in this episode Magnum suggests "marriage" as way around Juliette's expired visa issue. It's interesting that neither one of them have been on a date of late either.
Also, in earlier episodes Higgins would go to the guest house and find a female who had stayed the night....we are not seeing that anymore.
The writer's are definitely playing with the idea of bringing the two of them together. I'm sure they will streeeetch the will they or won't they story line for as long as they can......probably right down to the final episode.
KENJI,
Maybe at the last moment the reboot's Luther Gillis will reappear and sweep Higgins off her feet, leaving Jay at the altar.
My guess is the actor who was portraying Luther was so bad they have dropped the character completely.
Scott Caan could actually do something with the part if they recast it, though. Have Scott put on 30 pounds.
Copying the original Luther's clothes down to the hat as well would work, underlining what a dinosaur Gillis is.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
KENJI wrote:In the last episode Higgins and Magnum were holding hands pretending to be a couple for a case and in this episode Magnum suggests "marriage" as way around Juliette's expired visa issue. It's interesting that neither one of them have been on a date of late either.
The writer's are definitely playing with the idea of bringing the two of them together. I'm sure they will streeeetch the will they or won't they story line for as long as they can......probably right down to the final episode.
KENJI,
Maybe at the last moment the reboot's Luther Gillis will reappear and sweep Higgins off her feet, leaving Jay at the altar.
My guess is the actor who was portraying Luther was so bad they have dropped the character completely.
Scott Caan could actually do something with the part if they recast it, though. Have Scott put on 30 pounds.
Copying the original Luther's clothes down to the hat as well would work, underlining what a dinosaur Gillis is.
Hi Dobie,

I agree with you on dropping the Luther character.....that actor was just a bad choice all round!
I don't know what they were thinking there.
Doubling down and recasting the character with Scott would compound that bad choice (imo).
Fingers crossed the Luther character is dead and buried, but I could see them bringing him back, not to sweep Higgins off her feet :lol:, but for another episode. I don't know why they would, but I could see them doing it. :roll:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

I have stated my hatred of casting Ken Jeong as Gillis since the beginning. Scott Caan seems to be a work out nut now or into MMA as his body is ripped (he appeared on an episode of HBO's Vice-Principles with his shirt off). I think that Billy Gardell would have been a perfect choice.....

karolis
Admiral

#7 Post by karolis »

I hate that i constantly catch Magnum's double face. I think they could edit it out more carefully. I remember in season 1 episode with Hannah and that gold theft with shootout by the tunnel was badly edited too, Magnum's double's face was visible too.
Here's from this episode (Magnum's double on the left):

karolis
Admiral

#8 Post by karolis »

Well, i've been watching S08E09 (The Great Hawaiian Adventure Company) of the original Magnum, P.I. and i caught Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela from Hawaii Five-0 reboot and also from the Magnum P.I. remake that he crossed over to). Dennis Chun was a character William Chun in the mentioned episode of the original Magnum, P.I. Here's the screenshot of him (one of them with T.C.):
Dennis Chun has been in 1 episode of the original Magnum, P.I. (S08E09 - The Great Hawaiian Adventure Company) and in two Magnum P.I. reboot episodes (S01E17 - Black Is the Widow / AND/ S02E17 - The Night Has Eyes)