Higgins, MI6

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Higgins, MI6

#1 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

After a holiday weekend binge watching the reboot I’ve come to the conclusion Higgins, MI6 would be a better name for the reboot. Weeks has a much larger role on the show this season. I imagine producers realized during last year’s season that Hernandez just didn’t hold the screen. Weeks, love her or hate her, becomes the focus of every scene and she makes her back story more interesting. She even continues to act when she’s in the background of a scene; which is more than I can say for the other three mugs. Since it lacks the humor or comradeship of the original it’s a relatively easy transition to make. It’s almost like it has morphed into the Magnum/Lily reboot; a reimagining of show from Higgins’ point of view. This is just my observation. I’m not pro-reboot or pro-Weeks. I do wonder why the T.C. character has a helicopter business when we never see it?
Faith and Begorrah!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Higgins, MI6

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:After a holiday weekend binge watching the reboot I’ve come to the conclusion Higgins, MI6 would be a better name for the reboot. Weeks has a much larger role on the show this season. I imagine producers realized during last year’s season that Hernandez just didn’t hold the screen. Weeks, love her or hate her, becomes the focus of every scene and she makes her back story more interesting. She even continues to act when she’s in the background of a scene; which is more than I can say for the other three mugs. Since it lacks the humor or comradeship of the original it’s a relatively easy transition to make. It’s almost like it has morphed into the Magnum/Lily reboot; a reimagining of show from Higgins’ point of view. This is just my observation. I’m not pro-reboot or pro-Weeks. I do wonder why the T.C. character has a helicopter business when we never see it?
And it would have been better received by all those currently bashing the show on the interwebs.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

sandbiscuits
Captain

Re: Higgins, MI6

#3 Post by sandbiscuits »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:It’s almost like it has morphed into the Magnum/Lily reboot; a reimagining of show from Higgins’ point of view. This is just my observation.
That's an interesting take, and I can't totally disagree with it. Magnum is still the framing device and I'd say he's still the central character, but clearly the show goes out of its way to be an ensemble one. And Higgins is the most interesting and capable of the lot. I think the two are nice foils/partners for each other.