Shelved

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Shelved

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Wow.

Starting February 7, CBS will revert to the Friday lineup of the last three seasons of MacGyver at 8 PM, Hawaii Five-0 at 9 PM and Blue Bloods as the 10 PM anchor. Magnum PI, which currently airs at 9 PM following Hawaii Five-0, will go to the bench to make room for MacGyver. It will return with the remainder of its episodes once MacGyver finishes its season.

:lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Shelved

#2 Post by Laohu »

Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Laohu wrote:Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong?
What did I even say that would be wrong?

I just cut and pasted an article. :shock:

I think they’re trying to decide whether to axe one of the shows.

It’s highly usually to keep moving and benching and swapping low rated shows.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:

Exactly. The move to Friday night itself was telling and that it has lower ratings than it's lead in and followup aren't confidence inspiring either.

I'd like to see though if they have more episodes to be shot or if, like Bluff City Law, they suspended filming additional episodes.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Laohu »

T.Q. wrote:

So you just happened upon that article with the terminator video attached? Sure you did. After many times stating that you were not going to post in the reboot section anymore You continue to do so just more of your lies . It’s ok I know you can’t help yourself enjoy the show tonight :D

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

If any of these shows are going to be axed it's probably going to be MacGyver, in my humble opinion. CBS has a vested interest in keeping Magnum junior on the air.
As noted before, Magnum junior uses the CBS production facilities in Hawaii, sharing them with Hawaii 5-0 no doubt saves money on sets/shared crew etc etc.
On a strategic level, long term, CBS hopes the Hawaii 5-0 fans migrate to Magnum Junior once the wheezing and rickety old war horse 5-0 is sent out to the
glue factory.
Points to Magnum junior for continuing to enlarge (the only real actor on the show)Perdita's role from week to week, and for playing up her sex appeal as they
are obviously making up/dressing her ever more alluring with each new episode. She also is one of those actors/actresses the camera loves, like Sherry Jackson.
Geeze, I sound like a 15 year old rutting swine fan boy, but along with the scenery she is one of the few reasons to tune in. For a mother of two she ain't exactly
chopped liver.
She also could have held her own with Tom Selleck on Classic Magnum, perhaps as a Higgins niece. I wouldn't deem any of the other actors on Magnum junior
worthy of or being able to hold their own with Selleck and company.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kate Sullivan
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Kate Sullivan »

When CBS renewed nu-MacGyver for a fourth season, they only ordered 13 episodes. They also removed it from its usual Friday night spot, to make way for nu-Magnum. CBS have now ordered 9 more episodes of MacGyver to make a full season, and they are removing Magnum from the schedule and putting Macgyver back in its old slot. This suggests to me that CBS are putting their weight back behind MacGyver and don't have as much faith in Magnum, but time will tell I suppose.

Here's MacGyver-Online's take on it:

https://www.macgyveronline.com/news-inf ... -season-4/