Season 2 Episode 3: Knight Lasts Forever (2.3)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
29%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
14%
8.5 (Very Good)
14%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
14%
7.0 (Average at Best)
No votes
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
14%
5.0 (Just Awful)
No votes
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
14%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 3: Knight Lasts Forever (2.3)

#1 Post by KENJI »

When a team of mercenaries tricks Higgins into letting them take over Robin's Nest, their assignment to hunt down the "White Knight" of Robin Masters' novels gets far too real. At the end of it all, Higgins finally agrees to partner up with Magnum.

Promo.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbCgl7xAQI
Last edited by KENJI on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 3: Knight Lasts Forever (2.3)

#2 Post by KENJI »

This storyline will continue down the road with the introduction of Ivan who was behind this attack on the estate. He is just a name at this point, but he will be revealed at some point.
I thought the Higgins/waterboarding was good as well TC killing one of the bad guys with a board that had nails in it. I think it's good that they gave it a bit more shock value/darkness.
Trivia: At one point the Estate Safe Combo was -695101....definitely changed now!! :wink:
Rick and TC save yet another vet who is working at Rick's new place. I hope that's it for this season, too many last season!
I actually liked Higgins true feelings coming out when Magnum went missing and she threatened the one guy about coming back to get him if her friend wasn't found or hurt (can't remember the exact wording, but she was pissed and she meant it)....good scene.
The new estate has a fallout shelter that was built by the original owner.....hmm who could that be....Anderson, Wall, Grossman, Shepherd...it would've been neat if Magnum mentioned one of those names even though the place doesn't even exist, but I'm sure Lenkov didn't want to annoy Eve and her family.
Magnum references his Tigers hat as his lucky hat.
Magnum mentions he talked to Robin about a possible new book based on what just happened at the estate White Knight Under Siege.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Phantastic episode, the best so far imo.
I am not sure about that partner thing, but Hernandez‘s acting is getting better!

Can‘t wait to see more!

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I‘ve been watching this again on german free tv, still my favorite episode so far!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Laohu »

Nice . I understand that we are going to get reruns of some of the episode this year . I hope this is one of them they choose to rerun .
Looking back there was a lot of doubt about Higgins becoming Magnums partner but I think seeing how the season ended up it was a good choice .