For all the haters of the new show

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Nifty911
Captain

Re: For all the haters of the new show

#76 Post by Nifty911 »

I am a hater. I hate the new show. I watched all of 1 and a half episodes. I should have stopped when the character jumped out of the car onto the helo skid in the first episode.

But at least we know the new Magnum has a vertical leap that exceeds that of everyone in the NBA.

That said, they could have done this much better and claimed an even larger audience. But they didnt do that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#77 Post by T.Q. »

Nifty911 wrote:I am a hater. I hate the new show. I watched all of 1 and a half episodes. I should have stopped when the character jumped out of the car onto the helo skid in the first episode.

But at least we know the new Magnum has a vertical leap that exceeds that of everyone in the NBA.

That said, they could have done this much better and claimed an even larger audience. But they didnt do that.
Oh, oh.

Them fightin’ words around here. :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#78 Post by ConchRepublican »

Nifty911 wrote:I am a hater. I hate the new show. I watched all of 1 and a half episodes. I should have stopped when the character jumped out of the car onto the helo skid in the first episode.

Welcome Nifty911 to Haters United! (I wish there was a cool antonym to Anonymous)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by KingKC »

[Ducking for cover]

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Nifty911 wrote:I am a hater. I hate the new show. I watched all of 1 and a half episodes.
I didn't like it as much as you did. I watched a few minutes, then considered throwing my TV out the window, sort of like this:

youtu.be/rP9dlTornbM

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by T.Q. »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
Nifty911 wrote:I am a hater. I hate the new show. I watched all of 1 and a half episodes.
I didn't like it as much as you did. I watched a few minutes, then considered throwing my TV out the window
Whoa Nelly,

This is supposed to be a safe space now.

:P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

NotthatRick
Admiral

#82 Post by NotthatRick »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
I didn't like it as much as you did. I watched a few minutes, then considered throwing my TV out the window, sort of like this:

youtu.be/rP9dlTornbM
:) You guys rock!! :)

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

308GUY wrote:
apparently, judging from the last few comments, we are back to "hate" LOL

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by 308GUY »

We will probably never be free of "hate"...cause we will probably never be free of prejudice.

I mean the basic, root prejudice that says..."If you're different than ME....then there's something wrong with YOU!" :lol:

Sad, (IMHO), but seemingly unavoidable.

Some soldiers see themselves as "peacemakers"......and there are some who just like to blow stuff up, shoot things and "kill".

Our own Thomas Sullivan Magnum was purportedly one of the best at getting in under the radar, taking out his objective and getting out undetected. Not an "exact" quote...but the general concept is there. Some people just like to kick up dust...to each his own.

I always said, "Do whatever you like as long as it doesn't prevent somebody else from doing whatever they like."

There's room for both haters and lovers of the "new" show...the original bonds us all together...again..IMHO. :)

It exists in all forms of endeavor....most of us all want some of the same things...a couple being acceptance and approval and to "belong". Lone wolf's.....not so much.

Saw a good one the other day...said..."Be like the wolf...lions and tigers are more powerful...but wolves don't perform in the circus.

It's more than ok that die hard fans of our beloved original don't approve of the "new" show....expected and accepted...a given really...after all...EVERYBODY is a "critic".

I would just pose the question again...how would you have done it "different" so that it IS acceptable and approved of? Lenkov was in the position where he could do what he wanted with it...he did..he knew going in, not everybody was going to like it...didn't seem to matter...and still doesn't.

Starting to ramble now...and I've been out from under my rock long enough.... 8) Cya in the funny papers.. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by Laohu »

308 Guy You ask a very good constructive Question and you have asked it before but you still have not gotten a response , surprising ?

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by K Hale »

Laohu wrote:308 Guy You ask a very good constructive Question and you have asked it before but you still have not gotten a response , surprising ?
It’s been talked about many times. There was a sequel being bandied about years ago that featured not a reboot but a continuation, starring Eva Longoria as the grown-up Lily Magnum. Unfortunately it never went anywhere, but I’d definitely watch that. I’ve also suggested that they could've taken this concept and added Perdita Weeks, since you all tell me she’s the only one on the show who can act, as some relative of Higgins. There are entire threads about this.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

NotthatRick
Admiral

#87 Post by NotthatRick »

K Hale wrote:
Laohu wrote:308 Guy You ask a very good constructive Question and you have asked it before but you still have not gotten a response , surprising ?
It’s been talked about many times. There was a sequel being bandied about years ago that featured not a reboot but a continuation, starring Eva Longoria as the grown-up Lily Magnum. Unfortunately it never went anywhere, but I’d definitely watch that. I’ve also suggested that they could've taken this concept and added Perdita Weeks, since you all tell me she’s the only one on the show who can act, as some relative of Higgins. There are entire threads about this.
It is unfortunate. Seemed quite a good idea.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I refuse to watch anything with Eva Longoria in it and I am pretty sure that many fans of the old show would see it that way.

I prefer the reboot like it is now over anything remotely connected to that suggestion.
Not sure if a sequel featuring Lilly Magnum would make traditionalists any milder though but I‘d like to hear some of the frontrunners of that movement about that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by Laohu »

Tom Selleck is 74 Perdita is 33 maybe she could play magnum’s granddaughter.... :D

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:I refuse to watch anything with Eva Longoria in it and I am pretty sure that many fans of the old show would see it that way.

I prefer the reboot like it is now over anything remotely connected to that suggestion.
Not sure if a sequel featuring Lilly Magnum would make traditionalists any milder though but I‘d like to hear some of the frontrunners of that movement about that.
I loved this original idea... A sequel featuring Lilly Magnum.

Many have said it but I also thought of that idea a decade ago.

“Funny what a grown-up girl could do for a living...”

If it was done properly by people who REALLY loved and appreciated Magnum, P.I. then it could have been a homerun idea.

Betcha Tom would have endorsed and guest stared in this version too.

Actually, Larry and Roger could have been in it quite a bit presuming Rick and T.C. were still in Hawai’i. Maybe even permanent co-stars.