No votes
20 The Day It All Came Together
No votes

Total votes: 4

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

What is your Favorite episode of season 1

#1 Post by Laohu »

Now that season one is over what was your Favorite ?

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: What is your Favorite episode of season 1

#2 Post by KingKC »

Not only am I having trouble picking a favorite I am having trouble remembering the plots of each show. To me they all ran together with the same type of scenes and action. Blood in the Water is the most memorable. The original series was different in that the plots changed dramatically. Going from China Doll to Thank Heaven for Little Girls was pretty dramatic of a change. Then back to Nazi criminals with Never Again. Then to WWII with Lest We Forget

One thing I am now noticing is the lack of guest stars in the reboot. The original series was packed with noticeable names in the first season. Erin Gray, Marcia Wallace, Noah Beery, June Lockhart and daughter Anne, Jose Ferrer and son Miguel, Rebecca Holden, Gretchen Corbett, Mercedes McCambridge, Ted Danson and one of my all time favorites, Robert Loggia.

Maybe I need to stop the comparisons and just watch to enjoy the moment.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

Guest stars that I can remember when ere Carl Weathers , Roger E. Mosley and Kim Jeong, Jordana Brewster ,Cyndi Lauper , Corbett Bernsen , Brian Austin Greennd and playing himself Christen Yelich if you look back you might find some I forgot but with only 20 episodes done that does not seem to bad to me .
Comparisons between to old and new can not be helped knowing the old show will help you enjoy the new show but expecting them to do everything the way the old show did is not realistic . They will find there own path if they tried to copy the old show exactly it would never work different writers different actors .

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

So far, I think they all fall into the same for me as well. I think it is getting better overall, but I will say I didn't care for the old girlfriend stories. I felt zero chemistry, and thought the plots were too similar to H-50 episodes with Wo Fat, from around season 1 or 2.

I know that isn't fair, the question is about a fav. If I had to choose, I'd have to say the episode in which Magnum finds the lost cat :)

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KingKC »

Laohu wrote:Guest stars that I can remember when ere Carl Weathers , Roger E. Mosley and Kim Jeong, Jordana Brewster ,Cyndi Lauper , Corbett Bernsen , Brian Austin Greennd and playing himself Christen Yelich if you look back you might find some I forgot but with only 20 episodes done that does not seem to bad to me .
Comparisons between to old and new can not be helped knowing the old show will help you enjoy the new show but expecting them to do everything the way the old show did is not realistic . They will find there own path if they tried to copy the old show exactly it would never work different writers different actors .
Most of those guest stars were very limited in scenes and some were almost cameo appearances. They were not the main characters of the plot like in the original. And the first MPI only had 18 episodes and if you count the pilot as one, then only seventeen airings of episodes. The plots and scenes still center almost exclusively on TM, Higgins, TC and Rick. It is very difficult for me to differentiate the episodes.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by eagle »

TBH, Laohu, I can't remember a single episode. Unlike the original series, these were unmemorable for me. Can't pick a favorite if I don't remember any of them.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Laohu »

No problem Eagle if you can’t remember you can’t remember. I don’t remember most of the titles from the original show I just never payed attention to them .

MikeS
Admiral

#8 Post by MikeS »

My favorite episode was the one right before the pilot episode, when I could turn on the tv and it (I can't speak the words) wasn't there. It (I can't speak the words) was still a bad unfortunate dream that such a thing could come to fruition, yet it was only a dream. May your buttocks become infested with a 100,000 boils, and a dose of shingles invade your inner thigh.
MikeS

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#9 Post by Hawaii Winds »

I just can't seem to find anything memorable about this reboot, other than the scenery....sorry!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by T.Q. »

I thought the Fish one was okay.

Solid 3 out of 10.

:lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote:I thought the Fish one was okay.

Solid 3 out of 10.

Phil Fish?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote:

Solid 3 out of 10.

Phil Fish?

You’re on a roll tonight Chris.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote:
Chris109 wrote:

Solid 3 out of 10.

Phil Fish?

You’re on a roll tonight Chris.
I think, therefore, I am.

But I can't figure this one out.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote:Phil Fish?

You’re on a roll tonight Chris.[/quote]

I think, therefore, I am.

But I can't figure this one out.

Image[/quote]

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Chris109 »