For Bondtoys.de

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

For Bondtoys.de

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

So, I have been thinking about my dustup with Markus (Bondtoys.de) a few weeks ago, and yes, it has stayed with me. I don’t like having a fallout with someone who should be an ally over semantics, or misunderstandings.

But it’s not semantics, at least for me, and maybe that’s the crux.

Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV is not just “anyone” to me. His character is someone who, as fictional characters do, is a beacon and helps us become better than ourselves during times when we think we have no where to go but down. I am defensive of that character, during that slice of time, because during my worst time he helped me be the best me. I know, that sounds extremely melodramatic but, as long time forum members know, the quote “I love you, more than you’ll ever know, and I’m letting you go” has a profound meaning for me.

Yes, I am angry at the idea of a reboot, perhaps unreasonably so. But not because of unreasonable reasons, if that makes sense, but because I feel protective of the character, his legacy and what he represents. That character, that man, who inspired me to be better, stronger, than I had any right to be can’t just be “replaced” or “rebooted”. Some things just work, and should be left that way.

So, while I will never apologize for my defense of, and protection of, either myself, my character or the legacy of the character who has been important to me as a person, I do apologize to Markus for reacting so quickly, and assuming the worst. Yes, even though that was quite “Magnum-like” that’s not the legacy I like to carry forward.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

Re: For Bondtoys.de

#2 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Motives and reasons fully understood, apology accepted, let‘s move on.

Thanks for clearing the air.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by terryfromkerry »

You guys are awesome !!

I am reminded of the following:

"Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations that pertain to your stay on the Estate. There will be no wild parties, no outrageous liberties, no unauthorised overnight guests ! ......... " :higgins: :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

terryfromkerry wrote:You guys are awesome !!

"Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations that pertain to your stay on the Estate. There will be no wild parties, no outrageous liberties, no unauthorised overnight guests ! ......... " :higgins: :magnum:

Ha!
Perfect
CoziTV Superfan spot

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by 308GUY »

ConchRepublican wrote:

Ha!
Perfect
Absolutely!

Very glad to see this.

Very well thought out and perfectly stated Conch. I think it sort of sums up the thoughts and feelings of a lot us who don't like even the IDEA of a reboot without the original cast....but have had to accept.....life goes on....within you and without you, according to George Harrison! :lol: Anyway...so glad this situation now has a "Resolution"! :magnum:

On a "side note".....I actually watched Limbo yesterday...and heard Thomas say those words, (“I love you, more than you’ll ever know, and I’m letting you go”), to Michelle....but I found myself wondering if anybody has pin pointed that location...you know where Thomas says he loves to come up to....you can breath better.....THAT place. I apologize if it's been covered, :oops: , but I need to put that place on the list of things I want to do, places I want to visit, when I finally do make it to paradise. TIA to anybody who can provide location/directions. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

Ha!
Perfect
Absolutely!

Very glad to see this.

Very well thought out and perfectly stated Conch. I think it sort of sums up the thoughts and feelings of a lot us who don't like even the IDEA of a reboot without the original cast....but have had to accept.....life goes on....within you and without you, according to George Harrison! :lol: Anyway...so glad this situation now has a "Resolution"! :magnum:

On a "side note".....I actually watched Limbo yesterday...and heard Thomas say those words, (“I love you, more than you’ll ever know, and I’m letting you go”), to Michelle....but I found myself wondering if anybody has pin pointed that location...you know where Thomas says he loves to come up to....you can breath better.....THAT place. I apologize if it's been covered, :oops: , but I need to put that place on the list of things I want to do, places I want to visit, when I finally do make it to paradise. TIA to anybody who can provide location/directions. :magnum:

Makapu'u Point, Oahu.

We made sure we got there, first day.

CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Yes, I am angry at the idea of a reboot, perhaps unreasonably so. But not because of unreasonable reasons, if that makes sense, but because I feel protective of the character, his legacy and what he represents
I just want to say that I totally agree with this statement and I feel the same way about not just the character, but the entire show. And I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike/hate/be angry about the reboot.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Laohu »

Respect

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by 308GUY »

Thanks CR.....I was pretty sure it'd been covered, but just didn't take the time to go through and look.

Now I have another destination on the map.

You guys look great BTW....you're both lucky people to have each other. :magnum:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Chris109 »

308GUY wrote:
On a "side note".....I actually watched Limbo yesterday...you know where Thomas says he loves to come up to....you can breath better.....THAT place. :magnum:
He said this 2 times. Here, and with TC.

I love this place.
I don't know how you knew to come here.
But maybe I know why.
I've always liked to be up here alone.
"You can breathe better here.
Slow down a little bit.
Try to get things into focus.
Kind of figure out what it is you need to do."

And he also said to TC that he understands why TC likes to fly?

I think I understand what it's like for you to be up here, above the world, all alone.
"You can breathe better.
Slow down a little bit, get things into focus.
Figure out what it is you need to do."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by 308GUY »

Chris109:

Yep...same episode...saw that yesterday too, and did take note of the "breathing better, slowing down, and focusing" quote

But I don't remember him telling TC “I love you, more than you’ll ever know, and I’m letting you go” LOL! :lol: Or that he "loved this place"

But duly noted and acknowledged that the quotes were very similar, but not identical. The sentiment to the individuals addressed was the same, but I was referring more to the location referenced in the "this place" part. :magnum:

I mean he was understanding the gravity of his situation and was saying "goodbye" to the people that meant the most to him. At least that's what I got out of it. So, yea, some of the same feelings were bound to be shared for the people he was closest to. :magnum:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Chris109 »

308GUY wrote:Chris109:

Yep...same episode...saw that yesterday too, and did take note of the "breathing better, slowing down, and focusing" quote

But I don't remember him telling TC “I love you, more than you’ll ever know, and I’m letting you go” LOL! :lol: Or that he "loved this place"

But duly noted and acknowledged that the quotes were very similar, but not identical. The sentiment to the individuals addressed was the same, but I was referring more to the location referenced in the "this place" part. :magnum:

I mean he was understanding the gravity of his situation and was saying "goodbye" to the people that meant the most to him. At least that's what I got out of it. So, yea, some of the same feelings were bound to be shared for the people he was closest to. :magnum:
I could make a gif of TM saying that to TC, if you'd like. :D

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by 308GUY »

Chris109 wrote:
I could make a gif of TM saying that to TC, if you'd like. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you could! :lol: Thing is...it was probably true.....but just NOT the kind of thing guys generally say to each other! :lol:.....not sure I'd WANT to see TM saying this to anyone other than Michelle....no matter how true it was! :magnum:

Thanks....but no thanks! :magnum:

I do enjoy the gifs you guys come up with...some of them are over the top..but all are very clever and show a good command of the medium. :geek:

ConchRepublican

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
Yes, I am angry at the idea of a reboot, perhaps unreasonably so. But not because of unreasonable reasons, if that makes sense, but because I feel protective of the character, his legacy and what he represents
I just want to say that I totally agree with this statement and I feel the same way about not just the character, but the entire show. And I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike/hate/be angry about the reboot.
Thanks MLS,

I absolutely, positively, think even the thought of a reboot is an abomination, and still don't understand "Maniacs" that embrace it, but hey, I don't have to. I've never seen any of the Kardashian or Real Housewife shows either . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:Thanks CR.....I was pretty sure it'd been covered, but just didn't take the time to go through and look.

Now I have another destination on the map.

You guys look great BTW....you're both lucky people to have each other. :magnum:
Thanks 308Guy! Yes, I am a lucky dude!!
CoziTV Superfan spot