Season 1 Episode 20: The Day It All Came Together (1.20)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
17%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
17%
7.0 (Average at Best)
17%
6.5 (Not So Good)
17%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
No votes
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
33%

Total votes: 12

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 1 Episode 20: The Day It All Came Together (1.20)

#1 Post by KENJI »

So far nothing but a title.
Lenkov and Guggenheim are writing this one.
It comes out on April 1st..
Last edited by KENJI on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 1 Episode 20: The Day It All Came Together (1.20)

#2 Post by Laohu »

HANNAH, MAGNUM’S FUGITIVE EX, RETURNS TO ASK HIM FOR HELP FINDING HER MISSING CIA FATHER, ON THE FIRST SEASON FINALE OF “MAGNUM P.I.,” MONDAY, APRIL 1

Jordana Brewster Returns as Hannah, Magnum’s Ex

Brian Austin Green Guest Stars as Special Agent Adam Kreshner

“The Day It All Came Together” – Hannah (guest star Jordana Brewster), Magnum’s ex and the fugitive responsible for him and his SEAL team brothers being POWs for years, shows up at his home with a gunshot wound, and wanting his help to find her missing CIA father whose life is in danger. Also, Magnum makes an earnest proposition to Higgins for her to become his private investigations partner, on the first season finale of MAGNUM P.I., Monday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Brian Austin Green guest stars as Special Agent Adam Kreshner.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

Video of stills form the s ason final
https://youtu.be/2ep6raHf1pM

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Chris109 »

Laohu wrote:HANNAH, MAGNUM’S FUGITIVE EX, RETURNS TO ASK HIM FOR HELP FINDING HER MISSING CIA FATHER, ON THE FIRST SEASON FINALE OF “MAGNUM P.I.,” MONDAY, APRIL 1

Jordana Brewster Returns as Hannah, Magnum’s Ex

Brian Austin Green Guest Stars as Special Agent Adam Kreshner

“The Day It All Came Together” – Hannah (guest star Jordana Brewster), Magnum’s ex and the fugitive responsible for him and his SEAL team brothers being POWs for years, shows up at his home with a gunshot wound, and wanting his help to find her missing CIA father whose life is in danger. Also, Magnum makes an earnest proposition to Higgins for her to become his private investigations partner, on the first season finale of MAGNUM P.I., Monday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Brian Austin Green guest stars as Special Agent Adam Kreshner.
Except for the traitor Bergdahl (whom the previous potus said was a 'hero'), I didn't know any US forces, especially special forces, were POWs in Afghanistan. Let alone, for years.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Great helicopter chase scenes close to the ocean.
Fig Newtons were mentioned in this episode when Magnum was buying them with counterfeit money.
I think Hannah showing up for the exchange in Myanmar at the same time as Magnum was a real stretch.
The gun fight was terrible -AGAIN! It appears Hannah will not be making anymore appearances on the show.
Magnum's comment near the end of the show about what they did today, should've been what we did yesterday or what we did in the last 48hrs.
I'm thinking Hawaii to Myanmar has to be 13 to 14 hours, then getting a vehicle, drive to the drop and then deal with Hannah's dead body and then hop on the plane for another 13 to 14hr flight home which takes them past 24hrs. Maybe that particular plane could shave an hour or two off the flight, but they still had to drive around etc.. I'm splitting hairs here, but it seems to be a stretch trying to get all of that done in one day. They could've picked somewhere closer or even had the transfer happen in Hawaii.
Brian Austin Greene makes a quick appearance as a fed in this episode and UFC's Michael Bisping, plays the bad guy who kills Hannah.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KingKC »

I could have done without the gun fight and the "bromance" routine with TM, Rick and TC. Loved the helicopter chase scene as well as the scenery shots.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

KingKC wrote:I could have done without the gun fight and the "bromance" routine with TM, Rick and TC. Loved the helicopter chase scene as well as the scenery shots.
So basically, aside from the writing and the acting ..... :?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Laohu »

We knew the return of Hanna was coming there was no secret about it . We even saw her dead in Magnum’s arms in the previews leading up to it . To be honest the episode was not as bad as I thought it would be. I knew we were going back to auto weapons and over doing things from the first time We saw Hanna in the preview . The pacing seemed better this time around not splitting the story up to thin . The helicopter scenes were well done and looked like they could have fit in a big budget movie . Jay seemed liked he carried the episode more this time around . Looking forward to season two wish we had 1 more episode this season so we could end with a back to basic episode .

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

I have been very forgiving and supportive of the show and was looking forward to the season final but this was just a hot mess! I get the feeling that this may have originally been a two-parter that was edited down so Lenkov and Guggenheim could get a chase scene and of course, an automatic weapons battle, although the helicopter chase was well staged. This one received my lowest rating of the season and for the build up of the Hannah arc, I feel it was a let down due to the following: The Magnum/Higgins PI agency is silly, why didn't Katsumoto follow Rick to the airport and demand to come along, plus I thought it was a very weak reaction from Hannah's father watching her die (or did she?)

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Chris109 »

KENJI wrote: deal with Hannah's dead body
Jack Bauer could have done it.

KENJI wrote:and then hop on the plane for another 13 to 14hr flight home which takes them past 24hrs. Maybe that particular plane could shave an hour or two off the flight, but they still had to drive around etc.. I'm splitting hairs here, but it seems to be a stretch trying to get all of that done in one day. They could've picked somewhere closer or even had the transfer happen in Hawaii.

Amian
Admiral

#11 Post by Amian »

Steve wrote:I have been very forgiving and supportive of the show and was looking forward to the season final but this was just a hot mess! I get the feeling that this may have originally been a two-parter that was edited down so Lenkov and Guggenheim could get a chase scene and of course, an automatic weapons battle, although the helicopter chase was well staged. This one received my lowest rating of the season and for the build up of the Hannah arc, I feel it was a let down due to the following: The Magnum/Higgins PI agency is silly, why didn't Katsumoto follow Rick to the airport and demand to come along, plus I thought it was a very weak reaction from Hannah's father watching her die (or did she?)
Pretty much second all of this. Helicopters = good! Myanmar, Hannah and her dad, silly firefight = eye rolling and groans.

When Hannah is lying on the ground dying, she's trying to chat with Magnum? Her dad is just standing there right behind them? Okay.

The stories of international intrigue just don't work on this show. It was going in the right direction, but the writers seemed to want to go out with what they consider a dramatic bang. If they stick with local cases and more character development, they'll be on to something.

Speaking of character development, I am finding that the cast is getting better. The big exception is Hernandez, who seems to be doing the same thing he's been doing all along. Not bad, but missing "it." He's good in an ensemble, and fortunately for him, he's got one. The dramatic scenes in the finale highlighted for me that TC, Rick, and Juliette are more skilled actors. Actually, Katsumoto has improved, too... he's grown on me.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Laohu »

If you have good writing the actors they have are good enough to give us a enjoyable show . I think this episode seemed to have been written as part two of the Hanna saga . Part one was weak constructed a lot like the pilot . Part two was just more of the same . Now that the season has ended I hope they go back and learn what works for this show . We have had some good episodes and some not so good . The more low keyed episodes are much better so let’s hope they learn from it .
I thought Jay stepped up to take the lead more in this episode trying to grow into the lead actor role will take time but he seems to have the support of the rest of the cast .

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KENJI »

Chris109 wrote:
KENJI wrote: deal with Hannah's dead body
Jack Bauer could have done it.

KENJI wrote:and then hop on the plane for another 13 to 14hr flight home which takes them past 24hrs. Maybe that particular plane could shave an hour or two off the flight, but they still had to drive around etc.. I'm splitting hairs here, but it seems to be a stretch trying to get all of that done in one day. They could've picked somewhere closer or even had the transfer happen in Hawaii.
Yes, you are quite right Chris109, Jack could have done it - too funny!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Does anyone else think that Hannah may have lived as we never saw her body leave the plane...... Lenkov may have her pop in and out ala Michelle in the OG and even McGarretts mother and love interest, Catherine do on Hawaii Five-0 whom are also CIA operatives. Heck, there may even be a crossover next year with all three together on some super secretive mission in both series and both McGarrett and Magnum helping out............Just throwing it out there....

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Laohu »

I fear you are right about Hanna . I hope we have seen the last of her . It’s not the actress it’s just the over the top story line that goes with having her on the show so far . I hope they call this a failed experiment and move on . I don’t think they will let this go I think her story was in place from the beginning and it is kind of what Lenkov does with his shows .