Mini-Mag’s Ex

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Mini-Mag’s Ex

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Just read Jordana Brewster is coming into the show.

Guess Lethal (look yet another reboot) Weapon was cancelled.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Mini-Mag’s Ex

#2 Post by Laohu »

What are the odds this is going to end in a Higgins Mag’s ex cat fight ? Hope they spend time developing the story they have already dropped a few clues .

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Laohu wrote:What are the odds this is going to end in a Higgins Mag’s ex cat fight ? Hope they spend time developing the story they have already dropped a few clues .
Yep, probably.

Wonder if they'll name her Michelle... Not really (don't care anymore).
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

Not even at the end of season one and we're into story lines from season, what, 5 of the original series??? :shock:

OMG, Lenkov, give us some foreplay! :roll:

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KingKC »

perfectlykevin wrote:Not even at the end of season one and we're into story lines from season, what, 5 of the original series??? :shock:

I would not put it past them to incorporate as many memories from the original show as possible. That way they can play on nostalgia and keep some of the original audience coming back. Really not a bad idea.

sandbiscuits
Captain

#6 Post by sandbiscuits »

KingKC wrote:
perfectlykevin wrote:Not even at the end of season one and we're into story lines from season, what, 5 of the original series??? :shock:

I would not put it past them to incorporate as many memories from the original show as possible. That way they can play on nostalgia and keep some of the original audience coming back. Really not a bad idea.
Not only that, but if they are going to use plotlines from the original, they're better off getting through them quickly and moving on to their own, new plotlines. It wouldn't be too smart to try to recreate the exact trajectory of the original series.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by perfectlykevin »

KingKC wrote:

No not a bad idea, however they are blowing through the original series' ideas pretty quickly. It's too fast, they need to build stories, give it time. As it is they will be set to wrap up, with Magnum going back in the Navy by this time next year.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by T.Q. »

According to Entertainment Weekly, Jordana will be playing the role of Hannah, a former CIA analyst who embedded Thomas Magnum and his group in Afghanistan.

UGH.

So unoriginal.

I'm old enough* to remember when an ex-Navy Seal, former CIA analyst, veteran, etc. was an interesting concept on TV.

* Don't get crazy, I'm still in my 40s. :P

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by perfectlykevin »

T.Q. wrote:According to Entertainment Weekly, Jordana will be playing the role of Hannah, a former CIA analyst who embedded Thomas Magnum and his group in Afghanistan.

UGH.

So unoriginal.

I'm old enough* to remember when an ex-Navy Seal, former CIA analyst, veteran, etc. was an interesting concept on TV.

Everyone is an ex-Navy Seal on TV and movies now. I'll bet if the reboot Andy Griffith, Aunt Bea will be a "tough, no-nonsense, battle hardened ex-Navy Seal."

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by T.Q. »

perfectlykevin wrote:
T.Q. wrote:According to Entertainment Weekly, Jordana will be playing the role of Hannah, a former CIA analyst who embedded Thomas Magnum and his group in Afghanistan.

UGH.

So unoriginal.

Everyone is an ex-Navy Seal on TV and movies now. I'll bet if the reboot Andy Griffith, Aunt Bea will be a "tough, no-nonsense, battle hardened ex-Navy Seal."
Indeed.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by perfectlykevin »

LOL!! BeaBo (instead of Rambo) :D

"This is the last time you steal a slice of cake intended for the church social, Mr. Barney Fife!!!"

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#12 Post by marlboro »

"Barney drew first blood, not me."

Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare. A woman who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to can pickles that would make a billy goat puke. Well, maybe not Jimmy, the goat that ate dynamite, but most billy goats anyway.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

marlboro wrote:Image

"Barney drew first blood, not me."

Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare. A woman who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to can pickles that would make a billy goat puke. Well, maybe not Jimmy, the goat that ate dynamite, but most billy goats anyway.
LOL!!! :lol: :D :lol: Too funny! Especially about the pickles!

"What I want is what every one of those homemakers wants... for this country to love our pickles as much as we love it!!"

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

KingKC wrote:
I have strong doubts that anyone aside the MPI diehards ( mostly here on the forum) can name properly Magnum‘s Wife. So, it really doesn‘t matter much.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by perfectlykevin »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
KingKC wrote:
I have strong doubts that anyone aside the MPI diehards ( mostly here on the forum) can name properly Magnum‘s Wife. So, it really doesn‘t matter much.

Very true, but some might know he was "married." I read the snippet on IMBD while looking up the actress. Seems like it could be a different angle. A betrayal instead of love found, then lost.

Not to get off the topic, but I just watches Memories Are Forever this past week (watching episodes in order now), and I didn't realize all that was involved. It's funny, I don't know I've ever seen the complete run of these before.