They renewed it

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: They renewed it

#2 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote:I am truly stunned.

https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/10 ... tv-season/
Unbelievable.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

A comment online:

CBS can’t admit that this horrible reboot is a miserable failure so they renew it to save face. There IS only one Magnum, PI and his name is Tom Selleck.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

NotthatRick
Admiral

#4 Post by NotthatRick »

Oh My God!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

I look at it like I look at The Hawaii Five-O reboot, not the same show as the OG but it is watchable and is in Hawaii. I for one am getting sick and tired of all of the reality, talent, competition, dating and celebrity game shows on network TV and am lucky that I can afford cable TV with most premium channels plus Netflix. I am in amazement at all of the incredible shows across that spectrum but as far as for folks that only have network TV to rely on, I feel sorry as I can only come up with perhaps six shows that I can stomach to watch on the networks.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by KingKC »

Steve wrote:I look at it like I look at The Hawaii Five-O reboot, not the same show as the OG but it is watchable and is in Hawaii. I for one am getting sick and tired of all of the reality, talent, competition, dating and celebrity game shows on network TV and am lucky that I can afford cable TV with most premium channels plus Netflix. I am in amazement at all of the incredible shows across that spectrum but as far as for folks that only have network TV to rely on, I feel sorry as I can only come up with perhaps six shows that I can stomach to watch on the networks.
I have to agree. There is so little regular programming on TV worth watching and this show is passable. Maybe not to the purists in this forum who consider it sacrilege but on its own it tends to fit with today's style.

jeffran
Captain

#7 Post by jeffran »

I am not surprised it was renewed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were to continue for three or four more seasons. It just needs to hit a target in terms of viewership to keep the advertisers happy, which it must be doing. This is sufficient from the network's POV: Why take risks and make something great when minimal effort can be applied to reach "good enough".

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Chris109 »

Wouldn't be surprised if the next season has a lot of anti-Trump storylines cause they need to get ready for the next election.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

Chris109 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the next season has a lot of anti-Trump storylines cause they need to get ready for the next election.
Well, when you consider Jay Hernandez' leanings . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Chris109 »

ConchRepublican wrote:

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Laohu »

With the landscape of network TV today I am not surprised to see it renewed . Not trying to say that it is better then the original but I do think it could run longer . I can see the show settling in and becoming more enjoyable as it progresses.
Just my 2 cents

Amian
Admiral

#12 Post by Amian »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Chris109 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the next season has a lot of anti-Trump storylines cause they need to get ready for the next election.
Is he getting involved with the show's writing now, too? I sort of thought he was there for the ride rather than a mover and shaker behind the scenes.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#13 Post by Pahonu »

Amian wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Is he getting involved with the show's writing now, too? I sort of thought he was there for the ride rather than a mover and shaker behind the scenes.
I haven't seen any information on Jay Hernandez writing scripts. Very few actors also write. Even if they produce or direct as many have after experience in the industry, script writing is pretty rare among actors. It's a very different skill set. Where did that come from?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Amian wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
More of a chuckle at his expense.
CoziTV Superfan spot

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Not surprised about it being renewed at all. First of all, it's Peter Lenkov's baby and I have no idea why but for some inexplicable reason CBS love him and therefore keep his crappy shows on the air. Secondly, the crappy Five-Faux (as I call it) is already in its 9th season with its inane childish bickering between the 2 leads and outlandish plots that would make Superman blush. Thirdly, the new MacGyver is already in its what 3rd or 4th season?? A show that's probably even worse than Five-Faux (no small feat). So taking all this into account why wouldn't Mini-Mag be renewed for another season??? I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

That said I do sort of agree with Steve. As crappy as the show is at least it's not another reality show. Ugggghhh!!! At least it opens up panning over beautiful O'ahu. So I suppose that's something.