Season 1 Episode 11: Nowhere to Hide (1.11)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
7%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
7%
7.5 (Decent)
14%
7.0 (Average at Best)
21%
6.5 (Not So Good)
7%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
7%
5.0 (Just Awful)
7%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
29%

Total votes: 14

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 1 Episode 11: Nowhere to Hide (1.11)

#1 Post by KENJI »

This episode comes out on January 14th..
Last edited by KENJI on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 1 Episode 11: Nowhere to Hide (1.11)

#2 Post by KENJI »

It appears this episode is correct and will be # 11.

Magnum helps a woman find her missing cousin, a Russian fugitive; Higgins' and Kumu's lives are put in danger when they get too close to the case.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KingKC »

Shades of Beauty Knows No Pain and From Moscow to Maui. Not a bad episode but a lot of the usual scenes. Higgins fights someone. The word 'bro" appears with TM, Rick and TC. Rick and TC are clearly Magnum's associates. Katsumoto argues with and threatens TM but concedes to help TM. Pretty soon we will all be able to write an episode.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

KingKC wrote:Shades of Beauty Knows No Pain and From Moscow to Maui. Not a bad episode but a lot of the usual scenes. Higgins fights someone. The word 'bro" appears with TM, Rick and TC. Rick and TC are clearly Magnum's associates. Katsumoto argues with and threatens TM but concedes to help TM. Pretty soon we will all be able to write an episode.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Come on folks, I am trying to be a supporter but lets get some episodes I can sink my teeth into. Oh, and having Jay take his shirt off to dry the car just makes people think how much more of a sex symbol Selleck was, he is a good actor in my opinion and very charming so concentrate on that and leave his shirt on...........

Bat22
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Bat22 »

Steve wrote:
KingKC wrote:Shades of Beauty Knows No Pain and From Moscow to Maui. Not a bad episode but a lot of the usual scenes. Higgins fights someone. The word 'bro" appears with TM, Rick and TC. Rick and TC are clearly Magnum's associates. Katsumoto argues with and threatens TM but concedes to help TM. Pretty soon we will all be able to write an episode.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Come on folks, I am trying to be a supporter but lets get some episodes I can sink my teeth into. Oh, and having Jay take his shirt off to dry the car just makes people think how much more of a sex symbol Selleck was, he is a good actor in my opinion and very charming so concentrate on that and leave his shirt on...........
More of a sex symbol and more of an actor. The shirt scene could've worked if Jay carried himself as more of a bloke, awkwardly assuring Higgins that he's got it, instead of coming across more like a creepy narcissist.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Chris109 »

Steve wrote: You took the words right out of my mouth. Come on folks, I am trying to be a supporter but lets get some episodes I can sink my teeth into. Oh, and having Jay take his shirt off to dry the car just makes people think how much more of a sex symbol Selleck was, he is a good actor in my opinion and very charming so concentrate on that and leave his shirt on...........
Just wash the damn car.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#7 Post by marlboro »

I don't know about Magnum, but this Cool Hand Luke remake looks terrible.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

marlboro wrote:I don't know about Magnum, but this Cool Hand Luke remake looks terrible.
Oh gosh, I hope nobody was saying...My Lucille, come on safety pin, pop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keLUs7pimzI

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

marlboro wrote:I don't know about Magnum, but this Cool Hand Luke remake looks terrible.
Wait . . . someone thought it was a good idea to remake Cool Hand Luke? Like the mess that was The Longest Yard wasn't bad enough?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Chris109 »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Wait . . . someone thought it was a good idea to remake Cool Hand Luke? Like the mess that was The Longest Yard wasn't bad enough?
JJ Abrams can do it. He's good at messing up re-dos.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KENJI »

The car wash scene was an eye roller :roll: ......I have no idea why they went there......I guess it’s desperation at this point! I did like Higgins comment to Magnum calling him Magic Mike.

Other parts that drove me crazy.............

Magnum who is in training for an Iron Man (sounds familiar.....I wonder if Eve will have a cameo :wink: ) can’t catch an out of shape Russian with a brief case. In one frame they have Magnum about 20 feet behind and then they do an aerial shot and Magnum is WAY behind this guy with a ponch. They should’ve chosen a guy more in shape to play the Russian AND at the very least lined up these frames better. I had to laugh when Sergei steals the Ferrari and Magnum speed dials Rick for a ride and shows up in no time. The punch line comes when Rick arrives in the Porsche from the same direction the Ferrari was going.....in other words he should’ve seen the bright red 488! The joke gets better when Rick and Magnum catch up to Sergei who probably had a 10 to 20 minute head start at the minimum, unless Rick was just around the corner. :wink: :roll:
I thought that was a stretch until Magnum speed dials TC this time and gets him to fly over in seconds to spot the car and Sergei.....come on – ridiculous.

Higgins blurts out a rather tame OMG when she sees the dirty Ferrari which suits her character, but still doesn’t seem right when you think of JQH yelling it. She still has the moves when it comes to the fight scenes....I think they stretched it when Juliette kicked some butt with her hands zipped tied behind her back though......she couldn’t beat the terrorist with her hands free, but tie them behind her back and look out.....Lenkov taking it too far again! The girl is definitely in shape though!
The scene with the dogs attacking the two guys with guns wasn’t believable either........at least one if not both of the dogs would’ve been killed if this really happened.
I think the Porsche/Ferrari scene could’ve been much better and faster.....they dropped the ball there. It just looked too staged and tame in my books.....I would’ve liked to have scene it more like the Porsche/Ferrari scene from Against All Odds..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmgLO16ul0
Oh well, it's all par for the course with this reboot.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KingKC »

KENJI wrote:The car wash scene was an eye roller :roll: ......I have no idea why they went there......I guess it’s desperation at this point! I did like Higgins comment to Magnum calling him Magic Mike.

Magnum who is in training for an Iron Man (sounds familiar.....I wonder if Eve will have a cameo :wink: ) can’t catch an out of shape Russian with a brief case. In one frame they have Magnum about 20 feet behind and then they do an aerial shot and Magnum is WAY behind this guy with a ponch. They should’ve chosen a guy more in shape to play the Russian AND at the very least lined up these frames better. I had to laugh when Sergei steals the Ferrari and Magnum speed dials Rick for a ride and shows up in no time. The punch line comes when Rick arrives in the Porsche from the same direction the Ferrari was going.....in other words he should’ve seen the bright red 488! The joke gets better when Rick and Magnum catch up to Sergei who probably had a 10 to 20 minute head start at the minimum, unless Rick was just around the corner. :wink: :roll:
I thought that was a stretch until Magnum speed dials TC this time and gets him to fly over in seconds to spot the car and Sergei.....come on – ridiculous.

Higgins blurts out a rather tame OMG when she sees the dirty Ferrari which suits her character, but still doesn’t seem right when you think of JQH yelling it. She still has the moves when it comes to the fight scenes....I think they stretched it when Juliette kicked some butt with her hands zipped tied behind her back though......she couldn’t beat the terrorist with her hands free, but tie them behind her back and look out.....Lenkov taking it too far again! The girl is definitely in shape though!
The scene with the dogs attacking the two guys with guns wasn’t believable either........at least one if not both of the dogs would’ve been killed if this really happened.
I think the Porsche/Ferrari scene could’ve been much better and faster.....they dropped the ball there. It just looked too staged and tame in my books.....I would’ve liked to have scene it more like the Porsche/Ferrari scene from Against All Odds..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmgLO16ul0
Excellent synopsis!!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KENJI »

KingKC wrote:
KENJI wrote:The car wash scene was an eye roller :roll: ......I have no idea why they went there......I guess it’s desperation at this point! I did like Higgins comment to Magnum calling him Magic Mike.

Excellent synopsis!!!!
Thanks KingKC!
I'm guessing tight time constraints and budget make it difficult to catch/correct errors or rewrite weak storylines, but I'm sure they can do better than this product! :roll:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Marlboro,
Now that is funny!

"You lisp and wear strange suits"...Billy Shakespeare (As You Like It)

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Higgins blurts out a rather tame OMG when she sees the dirty Ferrari which suits her character, but still doesn’t seem right when you think of JQH yelling it. She still has the moves when it comes to the fight scenes....I think they stretched it when Juliette kicked some butt with her hands zipped tied behind her back though......she couldn’t beat the terrorist with her hands free, but tie them behind her back and look out.....Lenkov taking it too far again! The girl is definitely in shape though.
Hi Kenji,
In my humble opinion the only time this series comes alive is when Perdita Weeks is on screen. In addition to her good looks, she is, as you note, "definitely in shape"
and she is one of those stars, as they say in Hollywood, the camera loves. She is also one of the few real actors to appear, probably because
Jay's acting chops suffer by comparison and it is distressingly apparent he is too callow to carry a TV series and the Selleck legacy.
As many Magnum Mania members suggested before we even knew how Magnum junior would be presented, it should have been about Lilly Magnum.
Perdita has the both the acting chops and arresting sexual appeal to carry it off and unlike with Jay nobody would be missing Selleck's hairy chest.
I dare say that one of you might be tempted to photo shop and post a hairy chested Juliette Higgins. But as that would be like putting a Magnum mustache on
the Mona Lisa, it's safe to assume we are above that here as it would have been at good old Boxley.

"The clowns at the circus, they're real funny. But on the highway they're murder. This is Broderick Crawford saying,
see you next week"...Highway Patrol