Fleet Admiral

Re: Miss

#2 Post by KingKC »

A "meh" would be a good review

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

What you need to know: This deeply unnecessary reboot is so absurd it'll make you scream in frustration. No matter how hard the series tries, it doesn't even reach guilty-pleasure status. No one asked for this disaster, CBS.

BURN! :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Straight and to the point.

Love it.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

jeffran
Captain

#6 Post by jeffran »

"deeply unnecessary"

I can only voice my emphatic agreement.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by LZeitgeist »

Nobody is forcing you to watch it, so change the channel and let those of us who enjoy both versions of Thomas Magnum continue to do so.

jeffran
Captain

#8 Post by jeffran »

LZeitgeist wrote:Nobody is forcing you to watch it, so change the channel and let those of us who enjoy both versions of Thomas Magnum continue to do so.
I proverbially changed the channel after episode 2, but will continue to criticize this lazy and pointless reboot.

How do this prevent you from enjoying it? If you like it, that's great.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by LZeitgeist »

jeffran wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:Nobody is forcing you to watch it, so change the channel and let those of us who enjoy both versions of Thomas Magnum continue to do so.
I proverbially changed the channel after episode 2, but will continue to criticize this lazy and pointless reboot.

If you're not watching it, how do you know what to criticize?

Define 'lazy'. Define 'pointless'.

The point to me is that Magnum in some iteration is 'alive' again. Magnum fandom used to be sitting in our Paradise Found shirts watching our DVD's of 30-year old shows wearing our replica St. Lorraine rings drinking our beer with 'Coops' or 'Old Dusseldorf' coozies around them, and talking about 30-year old episodes online with like-minded people - the same conversations that hadn't changed since the birth of the internet and AOL chatrooms (and BBS's before that).

At least with the new series, there is new life and new stories and a new adventure or two.

Someone just delivered a new case of beer you didn't even have to pay for. Seems like that has better potential than restacking the same empties you've been kicking around for 30 years. JMHO. Cheers and mahalo.

jeffran
Captain

#10 Post by jeffran »

LZeitgeist wrote:
jeffran wrote:

If you're not watching it, how do you know what to criticize?

Define 'lazy'. Define 'pointless'.

The point to me is that Magnum in some iteration is 'alive' again. Magnum fandom used to be sitting in our Paradise Found shirts watching our DVD's of 30-year old shows wearing our replica St. Lorraine rings drinking our beer with 'Coops' or 'Old Dusseldorf' coozies around them, and talking about 30-year old episodes online with like-minded people - the same conversations that hadn't changed since the birth of the internet and AOL chatrooms (and BBS's before that).

At least with the new series, there is new life and new stories and a new adventure or two.

Someone just delivered a new case of beer you didn't even have to pay for. Seems like that has better potential than restacking the same empties you've been kicking around for 30 years. JMHO. Cheers and mahalo.
I did watch, two episodes, but I didn't need to and I could've told you exactly what it would be. It's a reboot, so it's a lazy way to tell stories-and I use that term loosely-using an established set of characters and a setting. It's pointless because we already have a quality product, which is why people have been talking about it for 30 years. I'm willing to pay for good beer! Empty is how I would describe the new show, it's devoid of care, due diligence, and skillful storytelling. This is a forum, so it's all (well, mostly) opinion. Anyway, glad you like the show.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by KingKC »

Although it is impossible for most of us to do but I wonder how the show would be accepted if it were not a reboot and there was not an original MPI to compare with. I imagine some of those watching may know nothing about the original show and are enjoying what they are seeing. Personally I think the original is the better of the two and this series is pretty much "meh" but with TV so bad nowadays I can accept the new one. I won't watch the reruns like I did the original though and I highly doubt that any of these new episodes will stick in my memory banks.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by T.Q. »

jeffran wrote:I did watch, two episodes, but I didn't need to and I could've told you exactly what it would be. It's a reboot, so it's a lazy way to tell stories-and I use that term loosely-using an established set of characters and a setting. It's pointless because we already have a quality product, which is why people have been talking about it for 30 years. I'm willing to pay for good beer! Empty is how I would describe the new show, it's devoid of care, due diligence, and skillful storytelling. This is a forum, so it's all (well, mostly) opinion. Anyway, glad you like the show.
I agree with you but I try to avoid arguing about it here.

That's kinda pointless too.

Some people were bound to like it.

That said... the majority on MM seem to think the show is utter garbage so it also doesn't make sense to ask (decades long) Magnum fans to not comment about the new show in the reboot section.

If I had ended up liking Mini-Mag, I probably wouldn't really read the comments here.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#13 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Nobody is forcing you to come to this website and read our comments. Find something else to read and let those of us who dislike this version of Thomas Magnum continue to do so.
Faith and Begorrah!

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by LZeitgeist »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to come to this website and read our comments. Find something else to read and let those of us who dislike this version of Thomas Magnum continue to do so.
You're not wrong. I guess people are free to create forums to shit on stuff other people find acceptable just like people who like things like to talk about them, too.

Have fun.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by K Hale »

LZeitgeist wrote:
Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:
You're not wrong. I guess people are free to create forums to shit on stuff other people find acceptable just like people who like things like to talk about them, too.

Have fun.
I notice this is your 11th post. Apparently whoever forced you to come here and be offended did so very recently. Probably just a coincidence.

Feel free to comment in the original series threads.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!