For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

karolis
Admiral

New Icepick

#1 Post by karolis »

I found this:
Corbin Bernsen Cast on Magnum P.I. as [Spoiler]'s Degenerate Father Figure

A very familiar face is about to turn up on Magnum P.I.

TVLine has learned that TV vet Corbin Bernsen will appear in the next episode of the CBS reboot, airing Monday, Nov. 26, in what is now a recurring guest star role.

The L.A. Law and Psych alum will be playing Icepick, a grizzled, older prisoner/self-dubbed “criminal degenerate” who wields a sense of humor as well as some hard-earned wisdom. A longtime father figure to Rick (played by Zachary Knighton), who himself was once headed down the wrong path, Icepick shows some tough love when Rick comes to him with a problem.

In addition to his aforementioned runs as Arnie Becker and Henry Spencer, Bernsen’s TV credits include Billions, Hap and Leonard, American Gods, The Young and the Restless and The Glades. He also has guested on JAG (as a captain), Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: New Orleans (as a Navy Admiral), so let that blow up your NCIS/Five-0/Magnum P.I. shared universe theories.

Bernsen also can be seen during Season 2 of Marvel’s The Punisher, playing an extremely wealthy man who liberally implements less-than-legal means to cement his power and legacy.

Magnum P.I. airs Mondays at 9/8c on CBS.
So... Rick won't be Icepick.

Source: https://tvline.com/2018/11/20/corbin-be ... -prisoner/

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: New Icepick

#2 Post by KingKC »

They need him...or at least some better actors...or at least some better acting.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: New Icepick

#3 Post by KENJI »

Thanks for the info Karolis.
The show is already in need of some new blood, maybe Corbin can help slow this sinking ship, but I doubt it will be for long. I hope we see this Icepick and his henchmen in action instead of just sitting in a sauna or getting a massage etc.. Lets see why he is so feared this time.....add some shock value to the show.....it needs something!