For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Hawaii84
Captain

Uh-oh...new ring on ebay

#1 Post by Hawaii84 »

Just saw this.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-PI-Cros ... :rk:3:pf:0

First time I've seen something similar to mini-mag's ring. Let me know if it's already hit the board somewhere.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

Re: Uh-oh...new ring on ebay

#2 Post by perfectlykevin »

I've seen that style of ring before the show. I even think that is where they purchased the team rings for the reboot. Well, or ones just like them. :shock:

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Reef monkey »

Is it smaller than the original ring so that MiniMagnum can still lift his tiny hand?
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

Hawaii84
Captain

#4 Post by Hawaii84 »

Reef monkey wrote:Is it smaller than the original ring so that MiniMagnum can still lift his tiny hand?
I laughed out loud!

Teamringcollector
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by Teamringcollector »

I don't know if anybody notice in last nights episode but all the team rings have changed. They went back to using what we saw in the original series.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by eagle »

Oh man, you guys are brutal! lol

Hawaii84
Captain

#7 Post by Hawaii84 »

Teamringcollector wrote:I don't know if anybody notice in last nights episode but all the team rings have changed. They went back to using what we saw in the original series.
Interesting choice...considering we're probably the only ones in the world who noticed that there was a significant difference. Why would you do that?

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by perfectlykevin »

Hawaii84 wrote:
Teamringcollector wrote:I don't know if anybody notice in last nights episode but all the team rings have changed. They went back to using what we saw in the original series.
Interesting choice...considering we're probably the only ones in the world who noticed that there was a significant difference. Why would you do that?
Possibly more flack for not being authentic? Might also be signaling a continuation for another season too. Otherwise, why make that change and expense?

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by LZeitgeist »

I picked up on it and second-guessed myself. The gold rings look better than the silver ones IMHO.

Hawaii84
Captain

#10 Post by Hawaii84 »

perfectlykevin wrote:
Hawaii84 wrote:
Possibly more flack for not being authentic? Might also be signaling a continuation for another season too. Otherwise, why make that change and expense?
It screams "We didn't do our research and we're scrambling to fix it." Otherwise, they would have left them as is and claimed it was meant as a shout out, not a direct copy.