18%
5.0 (Just Awful)
9%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
18%

Total votes: 11

Amian
Admiral

Re: Season 1 Episode 8: Die He Said (1.8)

#16 Post by Amian »

Pahonu wrote:
Amian wrote:
KingKC wrote:In the scene in the helicopter TM shows Bobby the message from Willie on a smartphone after he puts the headsets on Bobby. Just how does anyone hear the smartphone??? Was it plugged into the headset or something that we could not see or at least something I could not see???
This drove me nuts, too. I was looking carefully for a wire or something, but no.

The flashback scenes were not so great, and the writers were trying really hard to find parallels with the current case in order to create depth. It felt forced to me. Didn't care for this episode.
If the smartphone was near Magnum's mic then you would hear it similarly to talking into the mic, just as any passenger, or the pilot, could be heard talking into the mic by those wearing headsets. That's why he put the head set on him first, otherwise the phone couldn't have been heard over the engine and rotor.
Okay, that helps, thanks. Wasn't even thinking of wireless tech.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Did anyone notice that this episode was directed by RoboCop? :) Peter Weller directed it. He also directed a handful of the new Five-0's for Lenkov, in addition to playing the title role of "Hookman" in the rebooted episode of the original classic. Except instead of using actual hooks for hands like in the original they gave him these plastic prosthetic hands which I totally DID NOT like!

As for this episode it was alright I guess. I notice that people are complaining about the heavy artillery and gunfire used in this show. If you compare it to the original then yes it's a bit much. But compared to the new Five-0 then this is a Sunday picnic in the park. I'm actually really surprised by Lenkov's restraint in the action department here. I thought this would be another Marvel superhero nonsense like on the new Five-Faux when it comes to action but, aside from the ridiculous Ferrari and truck over the cliff and helicopter leap in the pilot, things have been fairly restrained. Which is something I must applaud. It's funny but aside from this season's premiere "Cocoon" reboot on Five-0 I haven't watched any of the other episodes that followed, but so far I've seen every one of the MPI episodes. I think that says something. Mainly that I'm tired of ridiculous CGI fireballs and 'splosions on that show. Plus the idiotic bantering and "car-guments" between the 2 leads - UGGHH!!!

karolis
Admiral

#18 Post by karolis »

I don't know how anybody didn't catch it, but here it is:

at 5:48. Look at the bottom left corner.

For comparison (with still existing houses):

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by KENJI »

1,000 bonus points there Karolis - good eyes!
I guess that shows how much we are paying attention! I may have been dozing off then. :wink: :lol:
I'll have to drink more coffee for the next episode!
:shock:
Last edited by KENJI on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#20 Post by Pahonu »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:Did anyone notice that this episode was directed by RoboCop? :) Peter Weller directed it. He also directed a handful of the new Five-0's for Lenkov, in addition to playing the title role of "Hookman" in the rebooted episode of the original classic. Except instead of using actual hooks for hands like in the original they gave him these plastic prosthetic hands which I totally DID NOT like!

As for this episode it was alright I guess. I notice that people are complaining about the heavy artillery and gunfire used in this show. If you compare it to the original then yes it's a bit much. But compared to the new Five-0 then this is a Sunday picnic in the park. I'm actually really surprised by Lenkov's restraint in the action department here. I thought this would be another Marvel superhero nonsense like on the new Five-Faux when it comes to action but, aside from the ridiculous Ferrari and truck over the cliff and helicopter leap in the pilot, things have been fairly restrained. Which is something I must applaud. It's funny but aside from this season's premiere "Cocoon" reboot on Five-0 I haven't watched any of the other episodes that followed, but so far I've seen every one of the MPI episodes. I think that says something. Mainly that I'm tired of ridiculous CGI fireballs and 'splosions on that show. Plus the idiotic bantering and "car-guments" between the 2 leads - UGGHH!!!
I did notice Peter Weller. I told my son who was watching with me it was Robocop. LOL!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#21 Post by Pahonu »

karolis wrote:I don't know how anybody didn't catch it, but here it is:

at 5:48. Look at the bottom left corner.

For comparison (with still existing houses):

Very good eyes, indeed!

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by LZeitgeist »

Rewatched this episode on DVD and have to say that you nitpickers are nuts. This was a thoroughly solid Magnum P.I. episode in both plot and subplot, and you complainers are just crying babies.

Solid plot, solid episode, and even an Aloha shirt for the first time (but far from the last).