Reviews

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Reviews

#46 Post by Laohu »

CBC ? If you mean CBS I am not sure what they would have to gain from it . I think advertising dollars are based on the Nielsen ratings but I guessing other things could be factored in . If CBS is doing it to make there show more profitable then I am guessing the other networks are doing the same thing . So if your theory is correct then all the networks would be boosting there ratings on rotten tomatoes to make their shows more profitable.
Unless CBC was not supposed to mean CBS then please disregard

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#47 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Reef monkey wrote:Two or three weeks ago I finally told my wife she could delete all the episodes from our DVR and cancel the scheduled recording. I had watched three episodes, and though hadn't made a conscious decision to stop watching, had just lost interest.

We've also done the same for Lenkov's Hawaii 5-0, after years of pretty religiously watching that. It was after Chin-Ho and Kono left that our interest started to wane. My wife was never as into it as I was, though she had the hots for Scott Caan.

Don't want to "upset" anyone here but I have a theory CBC has manufactured positive reviews on IMDb.

The rating is 5.5/10 (same as Rotten Tomatoes) yet very recently many of the newer reviews last few months are practically 10/10.

Just found it interesting.

I agree wholeheartedly. Just look at this site and member Core4.

Last visited: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:15 am

Does anyone think he wasn't affiliated with the show and here to seed info/promote the reboot?

My understanding is networks/studios, heck, even other businesses, plant reviews to improve their standing. Social media and rating sites are so important today, it's just one more avenue that needs to be addressed/considered in the campaign.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

sandbiscuits
Captain

#48 Post by sandbiscuits »

ConchRepublican wrote:My understanding is networks/studios, heck, even other businesses, plant reviews to improve their standing. Social media and rating sites are so important today, it's just one more avenue that needs to be addressed/considered in the campaign.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't bother with Twitter or even Rotten Tomatoes when it comes to my enjoyment of a show, but clearly many people do, and the powers-that-be will be doing whatever they can to make money and stay relevant. The behind the scenes stuff always seems so seedy!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Laohu »

I kind of get your point when it comes to movies the opening week of a movie can make or break it . With a TV show where it is free to watch and runs every week I am not sure I see the point of having a couple of people bump up your score . If you were going to do that why not just go down to the local college had out 20 dollar bills and let the college kids get you great scores ? And if one network was doing it why would not all the networks do it ? I would not put it past any network to do this or any show runner or Actor if they thought it would get them a bigger payday . But if that’s how it works why are they not all getting great scores ? What am I missing here ?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by T.Q. »

You won’t be left with the old “Magnum P.I.,” but something unnatural; an empty, unrecognizable hybrid lurching through the jungle. And before you know it, you’ll get gobbled up by what these reboot-crossover hybrids truly are: smoke monsters.

Grade: C
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/magnu ... 202005233/
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by eagle »

T.Q. wrote:
You won’t be left with the old “Magnum P.I.,” but something unnatural; an empty, unrecognizable hybrid lurching through the jungle. And before you know it, you’ll get gobbled up by what these reboot-crossover hybrids truly are: smoke monsters.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/magnu ... 202005233/
Brutal.

I liked this line:
“Magnum P.I.” is a reboot coasting on the name of its predecessor that’s trying to ensure success in the ratings by tying itself to another reboot that’s already successful.

Amian
Admiral

#52 Post by Amian »

T.Q. wrote:

Hey, a C! Does that mean it passes?

Smoke monster, eh? Lenkov, make it happen. I loved Lost and I'm sure the smoke monster is waiting around Hawaii for a new role. It's a niche gig, but he's got it cornered.