I’m SO glad

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

I’m SO glad

#1 Post by T.Q. »

That it [the reboot I now refuse to call M***** PI] sucks so bad.

I would have felt a conflict had it been semi decent.

I feel relieved.

:magnum: :higgins:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

Re: I’m SO glad

#2 Post by Reef monkey »

My little voice tells me it’s going to be canceled without running even a full season. Even if it didn’t suck so much AND compare so unfavorably to the original, it’s too much like the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, so its superfluous.
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Reef monkey wrote:My little voice tells me it’s going to be canceled without running even a full season. Even if it didn’t suck so much AND compare so unfavorably to the original, it’s too much like the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, so its superfluous.
Don’t be so sure.

Non [real] Magnum fans (Millennials) on Twitter seem to think it’s great.

Lots of comments like “I never saw the original but this was awesome”. :roll:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Tobi
Captain

#4 Post by Tobi »

Unfortunately I can't watch CBS in Germany - would have had a look at it - even if just to cringe ;)

Loving Higgins I was very upset about the casting but Perdita Weeks comes across as very charming in interviews so I wish her the best of luck!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

Tobi wrote:Unfortunately I can't watch CBS in Germany - would have had a look at it - even if just to cringe ;)

Loving Higgins I was very upset about the casting but Perdita Weeks comes across as very charming in interviews so I wish her the best of luck!
It’s on flixtor.to already if you are so inclined.

Tobi
Captain

#6 Post by Tobi »

Oh wow - no idea what flixtor is but I will check it out - thank you!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

Tobi wrote:Oh wow - no idea what flixtor is but I will check it out - thank you!
I imagine it’s not an ‘above board’ site but if your Internet provider allows you to watch, well hey. :wink:

Lemme know if it works in Germany.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Chris109 »

One could always go the 'download' route. Those damn 'torrents'-tials.

Tobi
Captain

#9 Post by Tobi »

T.Q. wrote:
Tobi wrote:Oh wow - no idea what flixtor is but I will check it out - thank you!
I imagine it’s not an ‘above board’ site but if your Internet provider allows you to watch, well hey. :wink:

Lemme know if it works in Germany.
Hi, watched it - technically all fine. It was so different to the original that I wasn’t even upset watching it. Overloaded and glossy without the charm but I didn’t feel like someone stole 45min of my time.

Gonna pop the original into the dvd tomorrow and just enjoy watching it :)

Thank you for your help.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by perfectlykevin »

I watched and felt there were numerous inconsistencies in the story. Maybe that isn't the right word for all of it. Take for example Magnum's response to his friend's deatch. When compared to the originals' response to the death of Dan Cook, the current Magnum felt like a reaction but it didn't carry forward during the episode. I doubt I'd be up to joking around on the yacht when I was working on finding the murders.

And 42 minutes?? I guess I haven't watched tv much in the past decade or so but how is it possible to tell a story that was told in close to 2 hrs the first go around in 42 minutes?

I am looking forward to seeing how these new iterations develop though and will likely tune in too see.