Give it a chance

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

NitroNick50
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Give it a chance

#1 Post by NitroNick50 »

This is my first post here and I expect to be roundly attacked for this but this is just my opinion. I was a big fan of the original series and still watch it today. On Thurs nights, it was Magnum, Simon & Simon and Hill Street Blues, the best night of the work week for TV.

I've watched the trailer and it looks like a lot of fun And I'm willing to give it a shot. I had my doubts about the Hawaii 5-0 reboot but I like it.

For the people bitching about CGI, get over it. CGI is a fact of life today.

Peace.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: Give it a chance

#2 Post by KingKC »

NitroNick50 wrote:This is my first post here and I expect to be roundly attacked for this but this is just my opinion. I was a big fan of the original series and still watch it today. On Thurs nights, it was Magnum, Simon & Simon and Hill Street Blues, the best night of the work week for TV.

I've watched the trailer and it looks like a lot of fun And I'm willing to give it a shot. I had my doubts about the Hawaii 5-0 reboot but I like it.

Peace.
I fully agree that Thursday night in the mid-eighties was the best TV night I can remember. But as far as the reboot goes I will give it about as much time as I did MacGyver and Hawaii 5-0 reboots....about 15-20 minutes.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

NitroNick50 wrote:This is my first post here and I expect to be roundly attacked for this but this is just my opinion. I was a big fan of the original series and still watch it today. On Thurs nights, it was Magnum, Simon & Simon and Hill Street Blues, the best night of the work week for TV.

Peace.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

NitroNick50
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by NitroNick50 »

ConchRepublican wrote:

Peace.

Classy.

ConchRepublican

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

NitroNick50 wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

Peace.

Classy.
I thought it was funny.

Nothing personal intended.
CoziTV Superfan spot

NotthatRick
Admiral

#6 Post by NotthatRick »

Peace.
I also watched the trailer. It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. That's as much chance as they get.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Danno »

I remain optimistic but I'm not comparing.

Long time fans shouldn't really have anything invested in this show. If it's a steaming pile of rubbish then who cares.

I'm curious to see what the easter eggs will be referencing the original show.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Gamer77
Lieutenant

#8 Post by Gamer77 »

Not going to attack anyone over it. The most damaging reaction they could receive, in my opinion, is disinterest.

jeffran
Captain

#9 Post by jeffran »

Peace.
Here's how this works: You see, we're humans. On an internet forum. On this forum, we provide our opinions. That's rather the purpose of the thing. So, telling humans with opinions to "get over" things, or to passive aggressively claim in advance that responses (again, humans giving opinions) are "attacks" misses the point of this enterprise.

That being said, I'm going to watch the pilot. It doesn't look good to me. It looks like a by-the-numbers (in every way I can think of) reboot. After the pilot, I'll likely forget about it and go back to the original I grew up with.

rasgards
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by rasgards »

[/quote]

Image[/quote]

Yeah...NO. I was trying to have a positive attitude, but the trailer and destruction of the TM/JQH relationship blew that to pieces. I think I have figured out why it makes me so irritated. Even though most everything about this reboot sucks...I know I'm gunna watch it. Dammit!!!!
Ras G

9NExtUpT
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#11 Post by 9NExtUpT »

As the topics are so similar, I'll reference my post here: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 232#p57232

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MaximRecoil »

Why would I give something that blatantly disrespects my favorite TV show, "a chance"?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Peace.
Hiya Nitro,
I am watching 60 Minutes as I type this, they ran a commercial for the new Magnum.
A shot of the boys in uniform and apparently on duty, Magnum in his dress whites.
With a scruffy four day beard! on loan from Don Johnson.
Why not go all the way and give Junior Magnum an eye patch and phallic symbol cutlass, go the Full Blackbeard The Pirate. If a crap beard can
pump ratings, throw in a merkin and it's Bobs Your Uncle.
The US Navy meets The Village People.
Heck, there's every chance the Navy will adopt this look for it's Service Dress White uniform.
I am going to invest in merkin futures the first thing monday, this could really take off.

ConchRepublican

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Peace.
Hiya Nitro,
I am watching 60 Minutes as I type this, they ran a commercial for the new Magnum.
A shot of the boys in uniform and apparently on duty, Magnum in his dress whites.
With a scruffy four day beard! on loan from Don Johnson.
Why not go all the way and give Junior Magnum an eye patch and phallic symbol cutlass, go the Full Blackbeard The Pirate. If a crap beard can
pump ratings, throw in a merkin and it's Bobs Your Uncle.
The US Navy meets The Village People.
Heck, there's every chance the Navy will adopt this look for it's Service Dress White uniform.
I am going to invest in merkin futures the first thing monday, this could really take off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CoziTV Superfan spot

Amian
Admiral

#15 Post by Amian »

That being said, I'm going to watch the pilot. It doesn't look good to me. It looks like a by-the-numbers (in every way I can think of) reboot. After the pilot, I'll likely forget about it and go back to the original I grew up with.
Only "likely"? Are you saying there's a chance you won't forget about it and go back to the original?