Ferrari

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ferrari

#76 Post by Sam »

f14peter wrote:I'm still hoping the destruction of the 308 at the end of the trailer was just part of a "fantasy" or visualization of a passage from a book like the space-jump and it still lives as Magnum's main ride.

It's just a personal preference as my aesthetic favors the linear and I'm not so found of cars with swoopy body styling like the newer Corvettes and Euro supercars. I find the straighter lined wedge-like 308 to be just astoundingly more attractive.
You hopes have been echoed by a few others on the board... otherwise the reboot stinks..when was TM a super action hero

karolis
Admiral

#77 Post by karolis »

f14peter wrote:I'm still hoping the destruction of the 308 at the end of the trailer was just part of a "fantasy" or visualization of a passage from a book like the space-jump and it still lives as Magnum's main ride.

It's just a personal preference as my aesthetic favors the linear and I'm not so found of cars with swoopy body styling like the newer Corvettes and Euro supercars. I find the straighter lined wedge-like 308 to be just astoundingly more attractive.
Yeah, that 308 is still hot. I loved how it drifted before destruction at the end of the trailer. One of my most favourite cars are linear - Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini Diablo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Pontiac Trans Am (KITT). The lower, the longer, the sharper - the better looking to me ;) I don't like rounded cars. Even the boxier ones (Volvos) is sexier than rounded ones.

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#78 Post by Kwai Bridge »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Great stuff! Thanks RG!

I like the idea of the 308 as Robin 1, but what would be the explanatory story line?
I've posted this in another thread, since it's the only thing that makes sense (at least in my head):
Kwai Bridge wrote:Sooooo anyway...what do you guys think the in-universe explanation of the existance of Robin-1 308GTS will be?

In my opinion, the only realistic explanation is that Robin Masters owns a 308GTS in this "timeline" (to put it that way) as well.

Since all of the characters share names with the characters from original show, that means that there also can't be any blood relation between Juliet and Jonathan Higgins, and the 308 serves as a slight nudge to the fans of the original show, before being wrecked in Episode 1 to introduce a new Ferrari which will then serve to appeal to the newer generations.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by KENJI »

Rands
Rear Admiral

#80 Post by Rands »

I too have a Ferrari 308 regret. After the second former spouse and I split, and experiencing the joy of having disposable income once more, I was very close to buying an early 80's 308 in 1999. Our residence had been sold, monies had been split, and she wasn't spending both my income and hers. Feeling deprived for several years, I looked hard and found a California only registered 308, in red with tan interior. It had a new clutch, very recent tune, new tires, and little if any rust. Unfortunately, my new place didn't include a garage, and a red 308 in an apartment complex spelled Grand Theft Auto to me, so I passed. Instead, I bought and SUV. I've always regretted the decision, especially with the values of Ferraris achieving their own orbit.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Did you catch that our new pocket-sized P.I. has dissed the 308 :shock: https://youtu.be/vnp7r4tFDyU?t=1m34s

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by KENJI »

The 308 was an entry level Ferrari back in the day and not even close to a 488 on the performance side of things, but it definitely helped with their bottom line as well as bring more attention to the brand! I don't think the body style will ever go out of style though....it will stand the test of time against most Ferraris or any car for that matter. I think of a Mondial, 348 or a 360 just to name a few and the 308 wins hands down.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#83 Post by Core 4 »

From Peter on Instagram. I think this is for photoshoot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjG-l-WnO_C ... by=plenkov

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:From Peter on Instagram. I think this is for photoshoot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjG-l-WnO_C ... by=plenkov
It's the 2018 Los Angeles Screenings event and the cars are set up on the Universal back lot.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by KENJI »

I just found this article that was interesting.
Read near the bottom about Donald P. Bellasario being on board for a second time around... :shock:
I haven't seen or heard of this announcement which is big news to me....anyone else hear anything or is this guy writing fake news hear.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos ... i-festival

karolis
Admiral

#86 Post by karolis »

KENJI wrote:I just found this article that was interesting.
Read near the bottom about Donald P. Bellasario being on board for a second time around... :shock:
I haven't seen or heard of this announcement which is big news to me....anyone else hear anything or is this guy writing fake news hear.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos ... i-festival
It's obvious that he'll be Executive Producer, which means nothing. Just like Knight Rider 2008 sequel had Glen A. Larson listed as an Executive Producer, even though he had nothing to do with the project. Maybe somebody saw somewhere that Bellisario is EP and though that he is involved.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by KENJI »

Just thought it would be fun to keep a visual record of the Ferrari damage as the season goes on.
Here is an article to go with the "action". :wink: :roll:
Episode 1:

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-magnum-p-i ... 1826309972
Last edited by KENJI on Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

That jump out of the Ferrari reminds me of the Austin Powers: Goldmember intro (and is about as realistic):

youtu.be/vFhrc32kF6E

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by KENJI »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:That jump out of the Ferrari reminds me of the Austin Powers: Goldmember intro (and is about as realistic):

youtu.be/vFhrc32kF6E
It sure does MKB, both are over the top, but I can at least accept the A.P.'s version because it's supposed to be silly/funny. Maybe the Robin-1 plate should read Furrari and Jay should be in a velvet suit. :lol: :roll:

karolis
Admiral

#90 Post by karolis »

Yesterday i found this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmyziivWCCM

It features Jay Hernandez, Ferrari 488 and 308.