CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Core 4
Vice Admiral

Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#196 Post by Core 4 »

Looks like Magnum P.I. is sure thing and CBS will order season 1 of the show. This week or next week they should announce this. May 16 will appear first trailer.

"MagnumPI is, sources say, as good as on the schedule with one top insider noting it "feels like a classic CBS show." That will join @plenkov's #H50 and #MacGyver, both of which scored early renewals."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... 18-1108582

"Peter Lenkov appears to have done it again, with #MagnumPI looking like a sure thing to join #H50 and #MacGyver, the two other CBS reboots of classic dramas that Lenkov got on the air."

http://deadline.com/2018/05/pilots-2018 ... 202382696/

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#197 Post by J.J. Walters »

Good to hear! As if there was any doubt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may be the one network show since 2002 that I actually will like. My fingers are crossed very tightly, so tightly it's hurting me. ;)

Any word on how many episodes were ordered?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#198 Post by Steve »

I'm looking forward to seeing the trailers of the show next week. I wonder if they will put it on Friday nights and move either MacGyver or Blue Bloods..........

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#199 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#200 Post by Core 4 »

J.J. Walters wrote:Good to hear! As if there was any doubt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may be the one network show since 2002 that I actually will like. My fingers are crossed very tightly, so tightly it's hurting me. ;)

Any word on how many episodes were ordered?
They still official did not order Magnum P.I., but it for sure will be 13 episodes. And as always as it happens with TV series broadcasted in the fall after a few episodes, they will order 9 more episodes and there will be 22 episodes.
Steve wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing the trailers of the show next week. I wonder if they will put it on Friday nights and move either MacGyver or Blue Bloods..........
I have been wondering for a long time. The most logical would be that Magnum P.I was broadcast on Friday at 8 PM, before Hawaii Five-0, considering that will certainly be crossovers. And Blue Bloods should stay at 10 PM, because the series is broadcast from the beginning on Fridays. And best option it would be if they moved MacGyver to another day. Of course, they can give Magnum P.I. to another day. For example, on Mondays at 10 PM, because Scorpion is doing tragically there this season, and to improve the schedule there may be a new tv show, like Magnum P.I.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#201 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:"MagnumPI is, sources say, as good as on the schedule with one top insider noting it "feels like a classic CBS show." That will join @plenkov's #H50 and #MacGyver, both of which scored early renewals."
I wonder if when the insider said it "feels like a classic CBS show", did he/she mean 70's/80's classic, or classic CBS show as in Lenkov's versions?

ConchRepublican

#202 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Core 4 wrote:"MagnumPI is, sources say, as good as on the schedule with one top insider noting it "feels like a classic CBS show." That will join @plenkov's #H50 and #MacGyver, both of which scored early renewals."
I wonder if when the insider said it "feels like a classic CBS show", did he/she mean 70's/80's classic, or classic CBS show as in Lenkov's versions?
Exactly.
CoziTV Superfan spot

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#203 Post by J.J. Walters »

ConchRepublican wrote:Image
LMAO!!

That just brought me back to Saturday mornings in the 80's, and at the same time made me spill my beer! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican

#204 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Image
LMAO!!

That just brought me back to Saturday mornings in the 80's, and at the same time made me spill my beer! :)
Desired effect? Achieved!
CoziTV Superfan spot