Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

#91 Post by T.Q. »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:What is most important is if the reboot is winning the "key demographic that buys things" as opposed to winning the overall ratings race.

---------------------------
"When the wolf is chasing your sleigh, toss him a raisin cookie but don't stop to see if he eats it."
"Only the centipede can hear all the footsteps of his uncle."
...Banacek (George Peppard)

Monday's Finale 0.7 key demo.

The Voice key demo 1.5 (more than double).

American Idol key demo 1.1.

FOX's 9-1-1 key demo almost twice (1.3) MiniMag with basically same total number viewers. Means younger viewers even prefer 9-1-1.

Seems to me younger demographic don't like it much AND neither do older Magnum, P.I. fans or their total viewers would be way more than 5.5M.

You are right though. Maybe they do squeeze enough profit to keep it going.

Not like struggling networks have much of a choice these days. They're dying.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#92 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Why are you trolling us now trying to pick a fight?
:D

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#93 Post by Laohu »

CBS has a lot of shows that have been on for awhile Blue Bloods , Hawaii 50 , Big Bang Theory, NCIS .
This was just a few I could think of with out really trying I am sure there must be more .7 years used to be thought of as a good run now a lot of these shows look like they could double it or more .

Bondtoys I predicted before that the new Magnum will be on the air longer then the old Magnum .Not saying one is better then the other , I think things have changed a lot in 30 years the networks don’t have the lock on viewership that they once did .
I am hoping Magnum stays on for a long run . it is a show I enjoy.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote:
Chris109 wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
:D

Why does TM look like a Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#95 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote:
T.Q. wrote: :D

Why does TM look like a Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot?
:lol:

Shoulda moved the heads around a bit.

But then you woulda said Bobble Head.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#96 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Laohu wrote: I am hoping Magnum stays on for a long run . it is a show I enjoy.
Cheers to that! 8)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#97 Post by ConchRepublican »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
Laohu wrote:Hawaii 5O has been on for 9 or 10 years at this point how much longer will it continue and what do you make at that studio when it ends ..
Just imagine the faces of the MPI traditionalists, when the reboot goes into Season 9

And yet you complain about being picked on ...
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#98 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Have I attacked anybody personally?

It seems, that everything is possible and permissive when it comes to bash the reboot and to mock, attack and provoke me in person, if there is anything slightly against the critics (as a whole) the ice is wearing very thin and it gets very personal.
ConchRepublican wrote:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#100 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Have I attacked anybody personally?

It seems, that everything is possible and permissive when it comes to bash the reboot and to mock, attack and provoke me in person, if there is anything slightly against the critics (as a whole) the ice is wearing very thin and it gets very personal.
ConchRepublican wrote:
No one has ever attacked you Bondtoys.de

Thinking the new show stinks and making fun of IT really has nothing to do with you.

When I’ve posted and made fun of Minimag, as hard as it is to believe, I wasn’t really thinking “boy this will really stick it to Bondtoys.de hehehe”.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#101 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Have I attacked anybody personally?

ConchRepublican wrote:
Buddy, if you think picking on "traditionalists" is going to get you many sympathetic ears around here you need to think again. Even people here who like or tolerate the new show are first and foremost fans of the REAL show, not the reboot. Hence "traditionalists". So you might want to rethink your strategy. By the way, you do realize this site is for the classic MPI, not for the fake one, right? Just because there's a section here for "Reboot Talk" doesn't make this the official MiniMAG, PI site. So don't be surprised that many here hate the reboot and enjoy ripping it to shreds. I imagine that's the major draw for many who visit the "Reboot Talk" section.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#102 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote:
No one has ever attacked you Bondtoys.de
Absolutely not!
Not!

Just some from the last weeks, I have not fought back or even replied to all this.
But if I am posting a grinning girl you guys are all over me including our leader.
T.Q. wrote: Only time I still whine about it really is when you post little jabs to instigate an argument.
We get that you like it... You're the one who can't accept most here think it stinks.
T.Q. wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:Fans of the Original Series-Only will love that question:

Are there any plans to issue the reboot on proper media such as DVD or Blu Ray?
T.Q. wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:Absolutely loved that episode!

Happy that they will all return for another season, this has potential to run much longer!
I have said this several times:
I have no problems with you all disagreeing with me and voicing your opinion, I even can take a punch or two.

It gets annoying when you feel the need to shred each and every thread here - often without having even seen the episode in discussion.
It borders on being internet hatred, online bullying and mob mentality in the purest form - it's getting boring and annoying.

I don't take issue from your opinions, I take issue from your behaviour!
And that behavior is dominated by hate!

You criticize that I am not open to other opinions, in reality you are guilty of that!
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#103 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: By the way, you do realize this site is for the classic MPI, not for the fake one, right? Just because there's a section here for "Reboot Talk" doesn't make this the official MiniMAG, PI site. So don't be surprised that many here hate the reboot and enjoy ripping it to shreds. I imagine that's the major draw for many who visit the "Reboot Talk" section.
And that sums the issue up quite well!

The title says "For all things Magnum P.I." and some of you feel differently and entiteled to behave badly.
And find it acceptable - even enjoy - to "shred" most of the threads in the reboot section instead of voicing their opinion in a civilized manner.

M-M used to be a forum about what people LOVE, the reboot section is quite the opposite and apparently brings up the worst in some.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#104 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
IvanTheTerrible wrote: By the way, you do realize this site is for the classic MPI, not for the fake one, right? Just because there's a section here for "Reboot Talk" doesn't make this the official MiniMAG, PI site. So don't be surprised that many here hate the reboot and enjoy ripping it to shreds. I imagine that's the major draw for many who visit the "Reboot Talk" section.
And that sums the issue up quite well!

The title says "For all things Magnum P.I." and some of you feel differently and entiteled to behave badly.
And find it acceptable - even enjoy - to "shred" most of the threads in the reboot section instead of voicing their opinion in a civilized manner.

M-M used to be a forum about what people LOVE, the reboot section is quite the opposite and apparently brings up the worst in some.
Behave badly?

Like I said, only used to tease you when you’d instigate.

Funny Gifs are my Gorilla Mask and Rubber Chicken.

In this politically correct world where you can’t joke, have fun, say anything... I’m not going to start worrying I’m offending one person for making fun of a dumb reboot.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#105 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote:
In this politically correct world where you can’t joke, have fun, say anything... I’m not going to start worrying I’m offending one person for making fun of a dumb reboot.

Just for the record: YOU complained about being attacked by ME - twice. And not vice versa
Here goes your fun, say anything.