For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ferrari

#61 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Steve wrote:Okay, is this an original series car and is it the one we first saw in the previous pictures...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLnxJPWzvQ
Great video, Steve! I found an article about the owner, Ric Fear, from October 2015: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east ... 5dcbe91f12

I'm a bit confused about what you're asking - "and is it the one we first saw in the previous pictures"
I was wondering if Ric's car might be the one of the cars used in the reboot.....I saw they both had the "81" sticker but now I realize that it is standard on most of the Robin 1 vanity plates out there.......
Thanks for the article, you are amazing!
:oops: Thanks Steve! I noticed that the article said "Mr Fear was initially hesitant about letting the car out of his sight but decided to show it at Motorclassica..." so I'm guessing his Ferrari isn't one of them! :lol:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Does Lenkov own a Ferrari? He posted this in his Instagram stories today...

https://imgur.com/a2McQHO

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#63 Post by Core 4 »

Two photos of Jay as Magnum in Ferrari 308.

Photo from official account the show on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MagnumPICBS/status/ ... 5565352960

Photo from Jay:

https://twitter.com/jay_hernandez/statu ... 6055168000

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by Steve »

At five foot seven I'm not buying his knees have to be that high in the air..........

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:At five foot seven I'm not buying his knees have to be that high in the air..........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just going to say that his head certainly won't be sticking up above the windshield like TM's!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by Sam »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Steve wrote:At five foot seven I'm not buying his knees have to be that high in the air..........

I was just going to say that his head certainly won't be sticking up above the windshield like TM's!
I think it looks just fine... did I tell you I got a PM from PL,
Wondering if I'd be interested in all expense paid trip to Waikiki in September to preview the reboot at sunsets on the beach :lol:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#67 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

I think it looks just fine... did I tell you I got a PM from PL,
Wondering if I'd be interested in all expense paid trip to Waikiki in September to preview the reboot at sunsets on the beach :lol:
Ahh, to dream. Seriously though Sam. You’d be a pretty awesome show history advisor.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by Sam »

Thanks Styles.... but I can think of a whole lot of people that would be better suited than myself as an advisor..

Cross you fingers....breaking news... I was requested to send in an audition tape. If things go well I will be playing a new character in the series... character's name is Sledgehammer... Icepicks grandfather.. :lol: :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by KENJI »

It appears this new Thomas destroys Ferraris faster than the origina TMl! :shock: They are sure looking for the ratings with all of this action!
Watching the trailer we see the ROBIN 2 - 488 get shredded with gunfire and then ROBIN 1 - 308 being destroyed over a cliff in a far fetched, WAY over the top scene (keep it real Lenkov). :roll: Then there is a quick glimpse of a black ROBIN 3 Ferrari near the end of the trailer with no damage (so far). Two Ferraris in one episode a new record.
You never know in what order all of these clips take place, but assuming it plays out like the trailer and it looks that way, then I'm thinking ROBIN 1 is only making this one appearance as a salute to the original MPI. I know the 308 was destroyed in at least two episodes in the original series and brought back to life, but I'm thinking it will not be happening in the reboot. It made an appearance, got destroyed and that is the end of the 308. It will be interesting to see what they do in future episodes with the 488 lic. plate though......will it stay as ROBIN 2 or be changed to ROBIN 1 (assuming the 308 is not coming back) or do they leave the ROBIN 2 plate on the 488 and "retire" the ROBIN 1 plate to the rafters as tip of the hat to the original. I hope it's the latter. Note in the original series, they did change the 308 lic. plate after the first episode so who knows. If Lenkov is a TRUE fan he will not swap the ROBIN 1 and 2 plates on the 488!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by KENJI »

Referring back to the trailer it appears that ROBIN-3 is a Ferrari California.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Referring back to the trailer it appears that ROBIN-3 is a Ferrari California.
Here are some pics, Kenji https://www.boardwalkautogroup.com/cert ... d960cc.htm

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:Referring back to the trailer it appears that ROBIN-3 is a Ferrari California.
Here are some pics, Kenji https://www.boardwalkautogroup.com/cert ... d960cc.htm

Thanks for the visuals RG! :D
The one you're showing is a California T, note the side-by-side exhaust. The two second glimpse of the one in the trailer had stacked exhaust which makes it just a California. :roll: :wink:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Thanks for the visuals RG! :D
The one you're showing is a California T, note the side-by-side exhaust. The two second glimpse of the one in the trailer had stacked exhaust which makes it just a California. :roll: :wink:
OK, well then we can just turn our heads sideways when we're looking at the exhaust pipes. :wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by KENJI »

Sounds like a plan! :lol:

f14peter
Lieutenant

#75 Post by f14peter »

I'm still hoping the destruction of the 308 at the end of the trailer was just part of a "fantasy" or visualization of a passage from a book like the space-jump and it still lives as Magnum's main ride.

It's just a personal preference as my aesthetic favors the linear and I'm not so found of cars with swoopy body styling like the newer Corvettes and Euro supercars. I find the straighter lined wedge-like 308 to be just astoundingly more attractive.