Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Pilot to Ep2 Ratings and Beyond

#151 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote: And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.
I don‘t see anyone attacking Original Magnum PI, but now understand better why you constantly feel the need to attacking the reboot.

Imo the first 4 seasons including season 5 pilot where pure magic, but it had only very little to do with acting skills and quality of the stories.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#152 Post by ConchRepublican »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
T.Q. wrote: And attacking the real Magnum, P.I. doesn’t make MiniMag any better.
Imo the first 4 seasons including season 5 pilot where pure magic, but it had only very little to do with acting skills and quality of the stories.
Serious, non ball busting question, how is that possible?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
I don‘t see anyone attacking Original Magnum PI, but now understand better why you constantly feel the need to attacking the reboot.
You basically just did saying the stories and the acting stink for the first half of the show.

By the way, all I did was post once about an episode I watched a few weeks ago.

Then about the ratings.

I don't post on the episode threads or anything.

It's you and Laohu that can't seem to ignore anything other than "Boy, the new MiniMag is soooooo good. Can't wait to see 'Higgins' in a bikini again".
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#154 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:

I can‘t give you a reply on this.
Imo it‘s one of the examples where the whole is just perfect and better than the single elements isolated.

After the constant criticism for the reboot for being low on acting and storylines, I have tried to put my focus on that when watching some of the old episodes recently and can‘t find the original significantly better in those.

But I am one of the few who finds the reboot quite enjoyable, so I am probably easy to be pleased ;)

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#155 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote:Can't wait to see 'Higgins' in a bikini again".
You‘re making a bit too easy - but hey, if it helps in your little world ;)

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#156 Post by Laohu »

T.Q. wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:
You basically just did saying the stories and the acting stink for the first half of the show.

By the way, all I did was post once about an episode I watched a few weeks ago.

Then about the ratings.

I don't post on the episode threads or anything.

It's you and Laohu that can't seem to ignore anything other than "Boy, the new MiniMag is soooooo good. Can't wait to see 'Higgins' in a bikini again".
Wow that is A “interesting” interpretation of events .
Don’t recall either one of us talking about Higgins in a Bikini but for what it’s worth I would rather look at that then a guy in short shorts ( I do wish Cozi would switch there advertising for the 80’s version of Magnum )

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#157 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Regardless of ratings, the show is going on hiatus in February so MacGyver can return.

https://tvline.com/2019/11/11/cbs-midse ... iere-date/

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#158 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:
:lol: My thoughts exactly!!

The first 4 seasons were pure magic but acting skills and quality of the stories had nothing to do with it??? :roll: How exactly does that work? Surely it wasn't just Hawaii and the Ferrari. If you're going to call a series "pure magic" it better be more than just a tropical locale and a sporty car. That would be like calling THE GODFATHER pure magic but it has nothing to do with the story or the acting. Must be the 1940s NYC setting and the old cars then. That's it... nothing else there.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#159 Post by Laohu »

CBS Tweet
@CBSTweet
#CBSRatingsNews: #CBS won Friday again last night as all shows took their respective hours in viewers and A25-54. #MagnumPI was up week over week and won its hour in viewers and all key demos.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#160 Post by T.Q. »

Laohu wrote:#MagnumPI was up week over week
That’s strange

I see minus signs and red again. :lol:

Fri 11/15/2019 *02-08 0.60 -6.25% 6.550 -2.09%
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#161 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:
Laohu wrote:#MagnumPI was up week over week
That’s strange

I see minus signs and red again. :lol:

Fri 11/15/2019 *02-08 0.60 -6.25% 6.550 -2.09%
It's the best of the worst I guess. It's ratings are less than it's lead-in or followup, but the competition is so bad I guess it's still winning.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#162 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

ConchRepublican wrote: It's the best of the worst I guess. It's ratings are less than it's lead-in or followup, but the competition is so bad I guess it's still winning.

Alternatively it could be said that the show is better than what some moaners here say, who constantly are telling us that they don‘t watch the show at all :lol:

There is something called netflix, which is taking audiences away from tv on a friday night.
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#163 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:

I try to approach the question from a different angle:

Why do people prefer an old Porsche over a 992?

It can‘t be the comfort, it can‘t be the performance, it can‘t be the built quality ( most of them would have rusted away without heavy and costly restaurations).

Is it just the iconic looks of the old car or the memories that those bring back to our youth where everything was better - less problems, less headache?

So the magic is difficult to explain* and who knows, maybe 30 years from now, the 992 is regarded as a classic by the then young people.
So a 992 will probably not be able to move our hearts like a 60s 911, but that doesn‘t mean that the 992 is a bad car just because it doesn‘t look like the 60 911 or has all it‘s elements.

So, when I say that I like and enjoy the 992, this does not mean that I have less knowledge, faith and passion for Porsche than the 911 only guys - in contrary - because I like both of them may mean that I am living a happier life because I enjoy both worlds ;).

*and it often has nothing to do with objective criteria - it‘s in our minds and in our hearts.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#164 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:better than what some moaners here say, who constantly are telling us that they don‘t watch the show at all :lol:
Why do you and Laohu always resort to name calling and such?

We don’t call you guys “morons” (or any other names) for liking Minimag.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#165 Post by Laohu »

Please show me one time I called you a Name T.Q. ?

And for what it’s worth Bondtoys did not call you a moron . Look back you can see for yourself .