CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#151 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:I appreciate the effort RG, but I hope this info is wrong. Even at $25 million it doesn't do it for me as the new nest....don't get me wrong, it's a nice property, but it's just not the same as our beloved Pahonu. :cry: I wonder if Eve told Marty he is nuts to even think about having MPI in again and he agreed or Lenkov had a walk around Pahonu and decided he wanted a new fresh identity for Robin's Nest, just like bringing in the 488 Ferrari. This property is just 2.5 acres so a bit smaller than Pahonu.....hmmm, I wonder if this estate will be on 200 acres and located somewhere on the North Shore like the original. :wink: Fingers crossed it's just a filming location! Assuming this place is the new nest, I could still see Lenkov trying to film at Pahonu for at least one episode (maybe as someone else's home etc.) as it would win points with any true MPI fan. I wonder what the neighbors are thinking??? :shock: :D :cry: :evil:
Time will tell!
Great thoughts... I could be wrong. I seem to remember a Steelo Brim assumption I made the other day! :oops:

Lenkov just posted this pic...

However this is up in Waikane, right about here...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#152 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Thanks so much JJ, Kenji & Steve for the kudos :D .... I'm glad others are enjoying what I've discovered. :luther: What I keep wondering is why haven't they announced Stephen Hill yet? TC is as much of a key player as Rick/Zachary Knighton (imo), but things may be different this time around? He's obviously on board so I don't understand the delay. Strange.
Not strange, in other TV series they also have not yet announced the full cast. In a few days they will definitely announce. We have to wait.
Guess I wasn't clear... what I think is strange is the order that they're announcing the stars.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by KENJI »

Just found this article on Hale Makai that might interest a few.....
It was listed for $28 million in 2015!

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolul ... rLEomGpXLY

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#154 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh man! I know it was a long shot, but I just can't imagine this show without Pahonu in it! It's so weird to think that a property can make that much of a difference, but it does for me! As many have pointed out, that place was an outright "character" in the show! ... I'm sure Lenkov and others involved in the show tried their best to procure the Estate for filming, and for whatever reason, it didn't work out. But still.... MAJOR bummer!! :( What exactly is the status of the place?? From what I've seen, it doesn't look like anybody is living there! Is it just owned by real estate investors at this point? If so, why can't they just loan it out for a while and make some serious cash??
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#155 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:Oh man! I know it was a long shot, but I just can't imagine this show without Pahonu in it! It's so weird to think that a property can make that much of a difference, but it does for me! As many have pointed out, that place was an outright "character" in the show! ... I'm sure Lenkov and others involved in the show tried their best to procure the Estate for filming, and for whatever reason, it didn't work out. But still.... MAJOR bummer!! :( What exactly is the status of the place?? From what I've seen, it doesn't look like anybody is living there! Is it just owned by real estate investors at this point? If so, why can't they just loan it out for a while and make some serious cash??
I agree, they only need to fix up the exterior a bit, clean up the grounds, I know the boat (guest house) is a mess but come on, this is Hollywood we are talking about. The top grossing films are 90% CGI now.......

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#156 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I could be wrong guys... don't give up hope yet! :cry:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#157 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Holy smokes, it's hard to keep up with Lenkov's social media. Left to right this is Lenkov, Eric Guggenheim, and Justin Lin. This was taken at the place in Waikane...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#158 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote: PS. Now actor posted photo at Hawaii Film Studio, another sign that he will play T.C.

Hi Core 4,

Did he post this on Instagram? If so, I don't see it there now.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#159 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Core 4 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:OK, this time I really did find T.C. Today I saw that Steelo is still in L.A. :oops: so I started my investigation again :luther:

T.C. is being played by Stephen Hill. He looks familiar to so many of us because he has been in many shows, including a small part on Blue Bloods. Here he is getting his beard on for the POW scene for the pilot:
Yes. Finally, we found out who will play T.C. He is similar to the actor from the photo in the restaurant. What about his filmography. He usually played one episode roles, but a few clips that I saw looked encouragingly, he's a good actor. Now we have to wait for the official confirmation of the casting.

PS. Now actor posted photo at Hawaii Film Studio, another sign that he will play T.C.
Hey Steve, I just noticed... check out his pin. I wonder if he's from your neck of the woods?

(I see he's also sportin' Colin Kaepernick.)

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#160 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rick & Magnum sailing a couple days ago...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#161 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Thanks so much JJ, Kenji & Steve for the kudos :D .... I'm glad others are enjoying what I've discovered. :luther: What I keep wondering is why haven't they announced Stephen Hill yet? TC is as much of a key player as Rick/Zachary Knighton (imo), but things may be different this time around? He's obviously on board so I don't understand the delay. Strange.
OK, now I'm good...

And from his Instagram...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#162 Post by J.J. Walters »

Looks like they are having a great time enjoying the island! Awesome! I wonder what Selleck and Hillerman (and Manetti and Mosely) were doing on their pilot shoot? :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#163 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Core 4 wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:OK, this time I really did find T.C. Today I saw that Steelo is still in L.A. :oops: so I started my investigation again :luther:

T.C. is being played by Stephen Hill. He looks familiar to so many of us because he has been in many shows, including a small part on Blue Bloods. Here he is getting his beard on for the POW scene for the pilot:
Yes. Finally, we found out who will play T.C. He is similar to the actor from the photo in the restaurant. What about his filmography. He usually played one episode roles, but a few clips that I saw looked encouragingly, he's a good actor. Now we have to wait for the official confirmation of the casting.

PS. Now actor posted photo at Hawaii Film Studio, another sign that he will play T.C.
Hey Steve, I just noticed... check out his pin. I wonder if he's from your neck of the woods?

(I see he's also sportin' Colin Kaepernick.)
I can't find anything on where he is from other than he went to Hampton University in Virginia. A DuSable pin, a Kaepernick pin and a MLK -shirt. He will embody T.C as Mosley would wear hats and shirts from HBCU's (of which Hampton is), he has some acting chops as well....I found this audition video on you tube..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odFba7_EjQs

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#164 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:New information..... I believe this will be the new Robin's Nest. The MPI "base camp" was nearby. Of course not confirmed, it could just be a filming location, but take a look... :luther:

youtu.be/_EsIjc7JEkc

Currently on the market: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/6 ... ect/17_zm/
Well I just discovered this... Lenkov (or a scout) was definitely here on March 2nd. Here is his pic on Instagram... this is the driveway as he is leaving. Notice the tall pines I'm pointing to...

And this is a screen cap from the realtor video as you approach the house/"estate". The driveway goes off to the left and I've pointed out those same pines...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#165 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:New information..... I believe this will be the new Robin's Nest. The MPI "base camp" was nearby. Of course not confirmed, it could just be a filming location, but take a look... :luther:

youtu.be/_EsIjc7JEkc

Currently on the market: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/6 ... ect/17_zm/
Well I just discovered this... Lenkov (or a scout) was definitely here on March 2nd. Here is his pic on Instagram... this is the driveway as he is leaving. Notice the tall pines I'm pointing to...

And this is a screen cap from the realtor video as you approach the house/"estate". The driveway goes off to the left and I've pointed out those same pines...

I literally just posted the pics above about the pine trees, and then I checked Lenkov's Instagram... it's confirmed. Robin's Nest is definitely 51 Kaikea :cry: :cry: :cry: