Re: No season 5, reboot cancelled

#16 Post by Lindsay Writer »

There are two articles on Deadline here is the article with 560 comments so far

https://deadline.com/2022/05/magnum-pi- ... 235018361/

Rands
Rear Admiral

#17 Post by Rands »

What can I say? The New Magnum, like new Coke, is history. To all the Maniacs, don't party too hard celebrating this evening, because hangovers are a bitch. :D

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

I watched the final episode yesterday.

Words we will never have to hear again on TV:

"Higgins, do you want a romantic relationship with Magnum? It's better than the alternative. Saying no to what you really want".

Thank goodness [cleans ears out with soap]. :lol:

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

T.Q. wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 pm Lenkov has been commenting a lot about this.

Even posting on articles.

TWITTER

Peter M. Lenkov @PLenkov
16h
I try to refrain from responding to trolls, but today I was handed some kryptonite - had to respond in the comments section -

https://deadline.com/2022/05/magnum-p-i ... /#comments
Anonymous
on May 12, 2022 3:36 pm
It was Lenkov’s dream come true, but a waking nightmare for everyone who worked for him. What a hack. I bet he read the press release and was pissed his name wasn’t checked. Don’t worry Peter! We all remember what you did!

Peter Lenkov
on May 12, 2022 4:45 pm
Nah, I didn’t read the press release… but I did see this story… and was hoping some would have sympathy for the good folks who lost their jobs today. I do. As for you, a total coward who hides behind “anonymous”, what do you remember that I did? Being a demanding boss? And if I’m a hack, I’m certainly a very lucky one. Go create a hit show, then swing back around here, your comments will then carry some real weight.
I've never understood this "create" mindset.

Reboots never create anything.

They just plagiarize and tweak. I could do that on a napkin at Starbucks for any classic show.
Tell me about it!!

So he "created" the concept of a PI driving around in a red Ferrari, living on an estate of author Robin Masters, bickering with a character named Higgins (she's a woman now - so he DID create that! :roll:), and having 2 buddies - one white, one black?? Seriously???? He created all that??? How very original of him! :x

Go create some concept from scratch (set it in Hawaii if you want) and then come back to me and tell me that you CREATED it. Hack!

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#20 Post by Magnum4eva »

Never watched the reboot. Just had no interest in yet another remake of an iconic show that's IRREPLACEABLE! The chemistry of the four leads and the actors in those roles just can't be replicated or replaced. That said, I hope the best for the cast and crew in future endeavors but personally good riddance. If only CBS been smart and actually did the adult Lily with Magnum as the new Higgins concept then maybe we all could've been happy.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#21 Post by Magnum4eva »

@Rans Lol that's hilariously ironic you mentioned the new coke thing because that was the title of my Medium article on the reboot lol.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#22 Post by Magnum4eva »

@Rans Lol that's hilariously ironic you mentioned the new coke thing because that was the title of my Medium article on the reboot lol.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by eagle »

@Magnum4eva, got a link to that article?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by T.Q. »

Magnum4eva wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:55 am Never watched the reboot. Just had no interest in yet another remake of an iconic show that's IRREPLACEABLE! The chemistry of the four leads and the actors in those roles just can't be replicated or replaced. That said, I hope the best for the cast and crew in future endeavors but personally good riddance. If only CBS been smart and actually did the adult Lily with Magnum as the new Higgins concept then maybe we all could've been happy.
I hope the show is replaced because I feel bad for the Hawaiians that had jobs and shows are good for the local economy.

Make something original this time for a change.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#25 Post by Magnum4eva »

@T.Q. I hope they do more shows in Hawaii too. Beautiful place with fascinating people and culture. They deserve better than a bootleg remake. I say make more original movies and tv shows set and filmed in Hawaii. Hell, I think that they still could've done a new Magnum there, just the continuation with his daughter that was supposed to happen that I was actually interested in checking out when I first heard about it.

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#26 Post by Magnum4eva »

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by T.Q. »

Good article. Good job. Nailed it.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Comparing those 2 pics - of the original cast vs. the remake cast... it's astounding how inadequate the remake cast is compared to the original. Look at that first pic - there's a star quality there with those 4 guys! Look at the second pic - it's like some 4 random people from down the street who decided to go hang out. There's nothing there that says TV stars!

Magnum4eva
Rear Admiral

#29 Post by Magnum4eva »

T.Q. wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:01 am
Good article. Good job. Nailed it.
Thanks, T.Q. I am very passionate about my Magnum lol.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by T.Q. »

Only thing I liked about Minimag was the updated Island Hoppers van.

Wonder if they're auctioning it off. :lol: