Season 1 Episode 11: Nowhere to Hide (1.11)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
7%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
7%
7.5 (Decent)
14%
7.0 (Average at Best)
21%
6.5 (Not So Good)
7%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
7%
5.0 (Just Awful)
7%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
29%

Total votes: 14

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 1 Episode 11: Nowhere to Hide (1.11)

#16 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Perdita has the both the acting chops and arresting sexual appeal to carry it off and unlike with Jay nobody would be missing Selleck's hairy chest.
I dare say that one of you might be tempted to photo shop and post a hairy chested Juliette Higgins. But as that would be like putting a Magnum mustache on
the Mona Lisa, it's safe to assume we are above that here as it would have been at good old Boxley.
Seeing there was no Boxley Finishing School...

And yes, that is TS actual hair. I do not skimp.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

Chris109 wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Perdita has the both the acting chops and arresting sexual appeal to carry it off and unlike with Jay nobody would be missing Selleck's hairy chest.
I dare say that one of you might be tempted to photo shop and post a hairy chested Juliette Higgins. But as that would be like putting a Magnum mustache on
the Mona Lisa, it's safe to assume we are above that here as it would have been at good old Boxley.

I hate to admit in my younger days I may have dated a lady or two almost that hairy..Looks better on Perdita than it did on them :shock:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Chris109 »

Steve wrote:
Chris109 wrote:

I hate to admit in my younger days I may have dated a lady or two almost that hairy..Looks better on Perdita than it did on them :shock:
We all did. But, in the haze of many, many rum and cokes, all of the 'ladies' looked good.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote:

Frankly I am speechless! To quote Higgins, "Even for you Magnum(Chris109) this behavior is bloody outrageous!" I guess we can count ourselves lucky
you didn't add hair to Miss Weeks armpits. I'm sorry but I am compelled to rat you out and report this appalling breach of taste to current Magnum Mania Maven
ConchRepublic and the Super Secret Magnum Mania Star Chamber.
And with any luck, one day soon a outraged Perdita will cross your path and give you a good licking.

Curly and Moe of the Three Stooges order breakfast:
Moe - "Burnt toast and a rotten egg? Whatta ya want that for?"
Curly - "I got a tapeworm and that's good enough for him!"

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: And with any luck, one day soon a outraged Perdita will cross your path and give you a good licking.
A good licking? Cool.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
KENJI wrote:The car wash scene was an eye roller :roll: ......I have no idea why they went there......I guess it’s desperation at this point! I did like Higgins comment to Magnum calling him Magic Mike.
Higgins blurts out a rather tame OMG when she sees the dirty Ferrari which suits her character, but still doesn’t seem right when you think of JQH yelling it. She still has the moves when it comes to the fight scenes....I think they stretched it when Juliette kicked some butt with her hands zipped tied behind her back though......she couldn’t beat the terrorist with her hands free, but tie them behind her back and look out.....Lenkov taking it too far again! The girl is definitely in shape though.
Hi Kenji,
In my humble opinion the only time this series comes alive is when Perdita Weeks is on screen. In addition to her good looks, she is, as you note, "definitely in shape"
and she is one of those stars, as they say in Hollywood, the camera loves. She is also one of the few real actors to appear, probably because
Jay's acting chops suffer by comparison and it is distressingly apparent he is too callow to carry a TV series and the Selleck legacy.
As many Magnum Mania members suggested before we even knew how Magnum junior would be presented, it should have been about Lilly Magnum.
Perdita has the both the acting chops and arresting sexual appeal to carry it off and unlike with Jay nobody would be missing Selleck's hairy chest.

"The clowns at the circus, they're real funny. But on the highway they're murder. This is Broderick Crawford saying,
see you next week"...Highway Patrol
Hi Dobie,

I agree with you that Perdita is the star of this (sad) show and a Lily spin off would've been the best route for this reboot.
I wonder if Lenkov and CBS are thinking the same thing now. :wink: :lol:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Chris109 »

KENJI wrote:
Hi Dobie,

I agree with you that Perdita is the star of this (sad) show and a Lily spin off would've been the best route for this reboot.
I wonder if Lenkov and CBS are thinking the same thing now. :wink: :lol:
If they did, would she be speaking French with English subtitles?