Miss

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: Miss

#16 Post by KingKC »

The best thing to do with Lzeitgeist is to ignore him/her/it. Most trolls go away much quicker when you do so.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Chris109 »

KingKC wrote:The best thing to do with Lzeitgeist is to ignore him/her/it. Most trolls go away much quicker when you do so.
I do not think he's trolling. He just happens to like the new Mag. More power to him.
He reminds me of the ones who thought Star Trek The Neutered Generation was the best thing ever. I thought it was stupid, (they should have executed Wesley for stepping on the plants, then maybe it could have gotten better), but,what do I know.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

Chris109 wrote:
KingKC wrote:The best thing to do with Lzeitgeist is to ignore him/her/it. Most trolls go away much quicker when you do so.
I do not think he's trolling. He just happens to like the new Mag. More power to him.
He reminds me of the ones who thought Star Trek The Neutered Generation was the best thing ever. I thought it was stupid, (they should have executed Wesley for stepping on the plants, then maybe it could have gotten better), but,what do I know.
I agree.

There are people who like Disney Star Wars Episodes VII and VIII too.

I personally think they destroyed the franchise but don't see a point in trying to convince people (especially who think The Last Jedi was amazing) that it's an utter travesty.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q. wrote:
Chris109 wrote:
I agree.

There are people who like Disney Star Wars Episodes VII and VIII too.

I personally think they destroyed the franchise but don't see a point in trying to convince people (especially who think The Last Jedi was amazing) that it's an utter travesty.
Nowadays, the younger set just want to see massive structures, long drawn out space battles, and lots of explosions. Throw in no story line and you've got a hit on your hands.
And don't forget hopping off a car and onto a helicopter. That will probably be in SWars Episode XXIII.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by LZeitgeist »

Yeah, not trolling, I'm 50 years old and have far better things to do with my time than that sort of juvenile crap.

I'm a long-time Magnum fan - I enjoy the original series and bought the full-series DVD boxed set the day it was released because my VHS tapes were worn out. I own the shirts, had a Team Ring custom made years before replicas were available.

The thing that makes me happy with the new show is that there is something new to experience in the Magnum universe that isn't the same old 30-year-old stuff we fans have talked about over and over to death. Doesn't mean the old stuff is bad - it's still good. It's just nice to have something new to talk about.

Sorry that someone who likes both the old stuff and the new stuff can so easily upset your little applecarts. Here I thought this was a group of mature adults that liked some of the same things I do. Some of you are, I'm sure - I look forward to future interactions with you.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

LZeitgeist wrote:Yeah, not trolling, I'm 50 years old and have far better things to do with my time than that sort of juvenile crap.

I'm a long-time Magnum fan...The thing that makes me happy with the new show is that there is something new to experience in the Magnum universe that isn't the same old 30-year-old stuff we fans have talked about over and over to death.
Hi Zeitgeist,
Here's the crux of the problem:
I think you inadvertently inferred that Magnum Mania and all it's members are engaged in a pointless prattle over "old stuff" and that ergo we are being foolish, so that ticked people off. Perhaps you would have been better served if you just left it at "hey, some new Magnum stuff is to be mined out of the
reboot, for good or bad, so let's chat about that. We can probably get a lot of humor out of it as well."
So maybe you could reboot your introduction here, and we can all start from scratch.
I for one am constantly surprised at the nuggets of info or new perspectives on a episode that I didn't know of. Some of the detailed posts on weapons systems such as the various helicopters deployed in Vietnam was impressive, even the stuff on civilian copters used on the show was very interesting. The photos and history of 'Robins Nest' that people posted here is first rate stuff and better than supposed informed Magnum histories online.
Also if you want something different the forums on 'other tv shows' has some real good stuff on it. Little Garwood for just one has some interesting takes
on other series and he also provides a link to his site/blog that I quite enjoyed.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Chris109 »

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#23 Post by LZeitgeist »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:Yeah, not trolling, I'm 50 years old and have far better things to do with my time than that sort of juvenile crap.

I'm a long-time Magnum fan...The thing that makes me happy with the new show is that there is something new to experience in the Magnum universe that isn't the same old 30-year-old stuff we fans have talked about over and over to death.
Hi Zeitgeist,
Here's the crux of the problem:
I think you inadvertently inferred that Magnum Mania and all it's members are engaged in a pointless prattle over "old stuff" and that ergo we are being foolish, so that ticked people off. Perhaps you would have been better served if you just left it at "hey, some new Magnum stuff is to be mined out of the
reboot, for good or bad, so let's chat about that. We can probably get a lot of humor out of it as well."
So maybe you could reboot your introduction here, and we can all start from scratch.
I for one am constantly surprised at the nuggets of info or new perspectives on a episode that I didn't know of. Some of the detailed posts on weapons systems such as the various helicopters deployed in Vietnam was impressive, even the stuff on civilian copters used on the show was very interesting. The photos and history of 'Robins Nest' that people posted here is first rate stuff and better than supposed informed Magnum histories online.
Also if you want something different the forums on 'other tv shows' has some real good stuff on it. Little Garwood for just one has some interesting takes
on other series and he also provides a link to his site/blog that I quite enjoyed.
Fair enough, well said. Thanks for the insights. I'll follow your lead.