Season 2 Episode 14: A Game of Cat and Mouse (2.14)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
14%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
14%
8.5 (Very Good)
14%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
No votes
7.0 (Average at Best)
14%
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
14%
5.0 (Just Awful)
14%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
14%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 14: A Game of Cat and Mouse (2.14)

#1 Post by KENJI »

Just a title at this point..........it won't air until January 31 and then it appears the show takes an even a longer break as MacGyver subs in for the starting position.
Last edited by KENJI on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 14: A Game of Cat and Mouse (2.14)

#2 Post by Laohu »

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

“A Game of Cat and Mouse” – When Jin (Bobby Lee returns) learns that an innocent woman is the target of a deadly hit, he asks Magnum and Higgins to help save her, on MAGNUM P.I., Friday, Jan. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Chef Roy Yamaguchi guest stars as himself.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Here's the promo for this episode....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBA2IK7gHu0

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by LZeitgeist »

In the tail end of the episode, Thomas wears a black version of the mini anthurium shirt from the original series...

https://alohafunwear.com/products/mini- ... lGEALw_wcB

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

This episode actually has some things going for it. Jin the pickpocket is back and steals every scene he is in, TC and Rick could take lessons from him on how
to make an impression with just a few lines.
The opening poker gambit was well done, congrats on stealing a tried and true device from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
The "ladder bit" while fleeing the bad guys was truly funny!
The end scene karaoke was fun, especially Higgins singing "The Gambler". The cast seemed to exhibit a true affection for each other while singing "I Will Survive".
Rick and TC have of late given the impression they have actually read the script more than once before filming begins. And Perdita now gets as many
lines as Jay does. I am not being salacious, but it is also obvious that each week the lingering shots of Higgins body are increasing.
Jay can't carry a series, but teamed with a pro like Perdita the producers might have found the formula to keep it going.
If the producers opt to go for a lighthearted tongue in cheek detective adventure, this series could
rise to a decent time waster that has no real connection to Classic Magnum and thus needn't suffer by comparison.
Just my 2 cents worth, maybe I'm wrong.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Laohu »

sandbiscuits
Captain

#8 Post by sandbiscuits »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:This episode actually has some things going for it. Jin the pickpocket is back and steals every scene he is in, TC and Rick could take lessons from him on how
to make an impression with just a few lines.
The opening poker gambit was well done, congrats on stealing a tried and true device from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
The "ladder bit" while fleeing the bad guys was truly funny!
The end scene karaoke was fun, especially Higgins singing "The Gambler". The cast seemed to exhibit a true affection for each other while singing "I Will Survive".
Rick and TC have of late given the impression they have actually read the script more than once before filming begins. And Perdita now gets as many
lines as Jay does. I am not being salacious, but it is also obvious that each week the lingering shots of Higgins body are increasing.
Jay can't carry a series, but teamed with a pro like Perdita the producers might have found the formula to keep it going.
If the producers opt to go for a lighthearted tongue in cheek detective adventure, this series could
rise to a decent time waster that has no real connection to Classic Magnum and thus needn't suffer by comparison.
Just my 2 cents worth, maybe I'm wrong.
I've enjoyed the episodes with Jin, he's a great recurring character in my opinion.

Agree that Jay alone has trouble carrying a show but the combo with Perdita has enough heft and their chemistry is good. Also enjoy both Rick and TC... they're doing a good job.

Understand where you're coming from with the karaoke comments, but I had to cringe a little. Actors often have better than average singing skills. Not so in this case! (At least they are brave.)