Season 2 Episode 10: Blood Brothers (2.10)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
14%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
14%
8.5 (Very Good)
14%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
No votes
7.0 (Average at Best)
No votes
6.5 (Not So Good)
14%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
14%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
29%

Total votes: 7

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 2 Episode 10: Blood Brothers (2.10)

#1 Post by KENJI »

So far just a title.
Last edited by KENJI on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 10: Blood Brothers (2.10)

#2 Post by Steve »

From what little I have read, it sounds like it will have flashbacks on their time in Afghanistan and a lost Afghani boy...After this on is a two part H-50 crossover...

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Laohu »

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Magnum, flooded with memories of his tour in Afghanistan, helps his fallen friend's brother search for a now-grown Afghan boy who may have been a victim of trafficking.

Promo........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6fwJS4MGg

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

The flashbacks bring Sebastian Nuzzo back to life. We also meet his irritating brother Paulie who reminds me of the Paulie character from Rocky....a real irritating loud mouth.
I thought they did a good job of matching up the Nuzo brothers and then I noticed the credits.....I believe they are actually brothers in real life. Another HFO character has made the crossover to the MPI reboot....Gerard Hirsch. We also learn Higgins didn't have many friends growing up.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Laohu wrote:Image
It's laughable how short MiniMag is next to Rick and TC. He's a midget compared to them! :lol: When did we ever see something like that on the old show??????

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Laohu »

KENJI wrote:The flashbacks bring Sebastian Nuzzo back to life. We also meet his irritating brother Paulie who reminds me of the Paulie character from Rocky....a real irritating loud mouth.
I thought they did a good job of matching up the Nuzo brothers and then I noticed the credits.....I believe they are actually brothers in real life. Another HFO character has made the crossover to the MPI reboot....Gerard Hirsch. We also learn Higgins didn't have many friends growing up.

Good catch I did not even think about them being real brothers . I just tried to figure out where I had seen the actor who played Paulie before . I think I have seen him in a few things over the years .

Having Hirsch show up from 5O was a nice surprise I wonder when Jerry or Max will show up .

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by KENJI »

Laohu wrote:
KENJI wrote:The flashbacks bring Sebastian Nuzzo back to life. We also meet his irritating brother Paulie who reminds me of the Paulie character from Rocky....a real irritating loud mouth.

Good catch I did not even think about them being real brothers . I just tried to figure out where I had seen the actor who played Paulie before . I think I have seen him in a few things over the years .

Having Hirsch show up from 5O was a nice surprise I wonder when Jerry or Max will show up .
I spoke too soon......that catch just turned into a dropped ball......I looked at the credits again for more than a split second this time and the actor playing Paulie Nuzo is Louis Lombardi
while Sebastian Nuzo is played by Domenick Lombardozzi.......I just caught the Lombard part of his name and the old brain got ahead of itself. :oops: Here's a list of the movies/shows he has been in....... https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518385/

I'm sure Lenkov will crossover more supporting actors from HFO which should make them very happy for the extra work. While we are on the topic of HFO......I watched last night's HFO episode and one of the characters was named Kenji which had me wondering if Lenkov used just the name as a tiny Easter egg for us MPI watchers. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :wink: :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

I enjoyed it. Any episode that brings Nuzo back in flashbacks adds a couple of points to my scoring......Paulie was irritating but under the circumstances you could understand his passion. I did get bothered that his limp would come and go at times...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:I enjoyed it. Any episode that brings Nuzo back in flashbacks adds a couple of points to my scoring......Paulie was irritating but under the circumstances you could understand his passion. I did get bothered that his limp would come and go at times...
Hi Steve,

I noticed the change in limp too.
:lol:
They would've been better going with an injured arm instead or not having him walking around so much...maybe waist up shots of him might've been the route to go. All minor things, just observations.
:)

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Laohu »

KENJI wrote:
Laohu wrote:

I spoke too soon......that catch just turned into a dropped ball......I looked at the credits again for more than a split second this time and the actor playing Paulie Nuzo is Louis Lombardi
while Sebastian Nuzo is played by Domenick Lombardozzi.......I just caught the Lombard part of his name and the old brain got ahead of itself. :oops: Here's a list of the movies/shows he has been in....... https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518385/

I'm sure Lenkov will crossover more supporting actors from HFO which should make them very happy for the extra work. While we are on the topic of HFO......I watched last night's HFO episode and one of the characters was named Kenji which had me wondering if Lenkov used just the name as a tiny Easter egg for us MPI watchers. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :wink: :lol:
Kenji why did you have to drop the ball when you went re talking about a guy with the last name of Lombardi ? Lol sorry I just found that funny :lol: thanks for the link I knew I had seen him in a few things one of which was probably H5O .
As far as the using the Name Kenji on H5O I am sure it was a reference to you . Those writers are always looking for ideas and ways to work people into the stories .

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KENJI »

Laohu wrote:
KENJI wrote:
Laohu wrote:

Kenji why did you have to drop the ball when you went re talking about a guy with the last name of Lombardi ? Lol sorry I just found that funny :lol: thanks for the link I knew I had seen him in a few things one of which was probably H5O .
As far as the using the Name Kenji on H5O I am sure it was a reference to you . Those writers are always looking for ideas and ways to work people into the stories .
Now that is funny Laohu......I doubt Louie and Vince are related, but I better not say anymore just in case they are and I drop the ball again. :wink:
My pleasure on the link.
In regards to Kenji on HFO....I'm thinking they did put it in for MPI watchers, but only in name as the character is part of the Japanese mafia (Yakuza) which is nothing close to MPI's Kenji the friendly gardener......having said that I bet they are both really good with sharp cutting objects. :shock: :lol:

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Laohu »

I thought there was a lot to like in this episode.and that it flowed much better by keeping Katsumoto’s role small . We did not see Kumu at all this time and with Higgins acting as back up we got to see more of the guys interacting . The scene in the bar were Magnum is talking to Nuzzo picture was very well done a really nice moment.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Laohu »

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by LZeitgeist »

Laohu wrote:Image
Watching the episode now... that shirt looks pretty damn good on Jay!

I hope they repeat some of Jay's shirts in the 3rd season...