Season 1 Episode 20: The Day It All Came Together (1.20)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
17%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
No votes
7.5 (Decent)
17%
7.0 (Average at Best)
17%
6.5 (Not So Good)
17%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
No votes
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
33%

Total votes: 12

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Season 1 Episode 20: The Day It All Came Together (1.20)

#61 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Steve wrote:I'm thinking that gorgeous Beach Bar high atop the luxurious Low Surf Hotel may have been the inspiration for our own Conch (Peter) to build the infamous Tiki Bar in the back yard of his house in the go to paradise location of Queens, New York, USA 8)
:shock:

Are you comparing The Key to the Low Surf Hotel Beach Bar?!?!?!

Next thing you'll be comparing the novels to the memoirs!!!! :higgins:

Not comparing to, as The Tiki Bar is a tremendous upgrade, it's kind of exciting... very imaginative, very professional. The Beach Bar however, is like a cheap and tawdry paperback and may just have been planned out on the same drafting board.... :wink: (still dying to see it in person some day and share some frozen concoctions) 8)
Would love to serve you some!

Just finished reroofing Pulelehua/The Butterfly Lounge and bar. Looking to kick off the season this Saturday with an outdoor viewing of Avengers: Infinity War on the big screen in prep for Avengers: Endgame a week from today. On the menu - smoked brisket, jambalaya, ham salad w/ cheese puffs, cornbread and green salad. Fresh airpopped popcorn for movie time. Hopefully the weather cooperates.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by eagle »

ConchRepublican wrote:Would love to serve you some!

Just finished reroofing Pulelehua/The Butterfly Lounge and bar. Looking to kick off the season this Saturday with an outdoor viewing of Avengers: Infinity War on the big screen in prep for Avengers: Endgame a week from today. On the menu - smoked brisket, jambalaya, ham salad w/ cheese puffs, cornbread and green salad. Fresh airpopped popcorn for movie time. Hopefully the weather cooperates.
Do you have any pictures of the upgraded setup? I'd love to see them.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#63 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote: Do you have any pictures of the upgraded setup? I'd love to see them.
Nothing new yet, but you can follow doings and things here.

https://www.facebook.com/Flemingo-Key-140998085974647/
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by Chris109 »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Would love to serve you some!

Do you have any pictures of the upgraded setup? I'd love to see them.
My God, man, if they fell into the wrong hands, Hillary might leak them to the Russians.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by Laohu »

Steve wrote:Does anyone else think that Hannah may have lived as we never saw her body leave the plane...... Lenkov may have her pop in and out ala Michelle in the OG and even McGarretts mother and love interest, Catherine do on Hawaii Five-0 whom are also CIA operatives. Heck, there may even be a crossover next year with all three together on some super secretive mission in both series and both McGarrett and Magnum helping out............Just throwing it out there....

I watched the ending again last night I kind of had the same thought as you to begin with but after watching it again this is why I think that is not what is going to happen . I think the Hanna story line was plotted out from the start . If Hanna is not dead Magnum and the gang know it so the only surprise in bringing her back would be to the viewer . When the M.E. Show up to get the body and it’s not Hanna I would think Katsumoto would know . They made a big deal about Magnum telling Katsumoto that he would win back his trust I don’t think he would do that if he was lying to him . The look of regret on Ricks face followed by Higgins and T.C. expressions .
We might see her some in flashbacks but I think that she might be gone

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by KingKC »

I sincerely hope they do not "resurrect" Hannah. They have already had some some quite unrealistic, even for TV, things occur...jumping from cars to helicopters comes to mind immediately... that make me roll my eyes. I wish this MPI would settle into some more local investigations without international ramifications, gunfights, martial arts fighting and car chases. The show has possibilities (no, it will never match the original for me) but stretching the limits of credulity for the sake of action and mystery as well as "jumping the shark" events would be its downfall for me.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by perfectlykevin »

Same here, my favorite ep so far has been the cat detect, er...investigator, episode :) It was relatively simple. And the little girl's mother was very cute and there did seem to be sparks between them. With Hannah it was forced. Maybe now she can be the memory she should be and Magnum can move on.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by Laohu »

I still think they are headed in the right direction. I kind of look at the 2 Hanna episodes and the pilot episode as being written togeather and just spaced out across the season . Think of it as this is the Hanna story the Writers wanted to tell it was built in from the beginning . It was told in 3 parts so it had a beginning a middle and a end if you will . As the season went on I think they got better they figured out what the show was and got more comfortable with it . The actors got better and the plots got better the more they scaled it down . Will be a lot of fun to see what they come up with for season two. now we can just guess Hope they don’t make us wait to long .

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by Steve »

I hope you all are right about the Hannah arc coming to an end but I just keep thinking about what Lenkov has done with Hawaii Five-O. The Hannah character is certainly no Michelle so let's move on....Now, I shudder to think of Kim Jeong returning as Luther H. Gillis, he was cast wrong. The OG changed a couple of characters over the years I think they need someone else for that recurring part I vote for Billy Gardell.......
Last edited by Steve on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by perfectlykevin »

Steve wrote:I hope you all are right about the Hannah arc coming to an end but I just keep thinking about what Lenkov has done with Hawaii Five-O. The Hannah character is certainly no Michelle so let's move on....Now, I shudder to think of Kim Jeong returning as Luther H. Gillis makes me shudder. The OG changed a couple of characters over the years I think they need someone else for that recurring part I vote for Billy Gardell.......
Mr. Gardell would be great as Luther!! He could easily pull off a modern day Luther Gillis. I've been disappointed with their current pick. I've not see the Hangover movies but I don't care for this character portrayal. He comes across as whiny and not a peer of Magnum's at all.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by Laohu »

Steve wrote:Kim Jeong returning as Luther H. Gillis makes me shudder. The OG changed a couple of characters over the years I think they need someone else for that recurring part I vote for Billy Gardell.......
But you have to have Kim Jeong in every show on TV , I seems like everytime I turn the TV on he is on a show or a commercial . Guy most have a great agent .
I would rather them just retire Luther and bring in a new character then recast the role .

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Agreed with most.
Just drop the idea of bringing back Luther and I too hope to see Magnum dating the cat - mum - mum
Also my favourite episode from season 1. the episode was written with the old season in mind and what made original Magnum PI strong!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Laohu »

Not sure we will see the cat Mom again but we can hope . I do think we will see Abby again the lawyer from Black is the Widow . He did say he was meeting her for a second date in the following episode .