Where to find new red shirt?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

Where to find new red shirt?

#1 Post by LZeitgeist »

We all know Paradise Found makes the original Magnum shirts we have in our closets, but are there any leads on the new Magnum's new red/white/black palm tree shirt?

Last edited by LZeitgeist on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Where to find new red shirt?

#2 Post by marlboro »

I wonder if they come in adult sizes?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

marlboro wrote:I wonder if they come in adult sizes?
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Good one Marlboro!! :lol:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

That wins my internet surfing for today!

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by LZeitgeist »

So helpful!

Why do you guys even have a reboot section of the website if you hate it so much?

Been a long-time Magnum fan, long-time reader of the site (actually had thought I'd already signed up years ago) and have enjoyed the knowledge and info here. If there's no reboot fans here, then let me know and I'll ask elsewhere.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by KENJI »

LZeitgeist wrote:So helpful!

Why do you guys even have a reboot section of the website if you hate it so much?

Been a long-time Magnum fan, long-time reader of the site (actually had thought I'd already signed up years ago) and have enjoyed the knowledge and info here. If there's no reboot fans here, then let me know and I'll ask elsewhere.
Hi LZeitgeist,

We are just having a bit of fun.
I'm sure the answer you are looking for will surface here, but in the meantime you'll have to be patient and have a good sense of humor. :D
Let us know if you find the answer before we do.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by LZeitgeist »

KENJI wrote:

Hi LZeitgeist,

I'm sure the answer you are looking for will surface here, but in the meantime you'll have to be patient and have a good sense of humor. :D
Oh, I understand, my feelings aren't hurt, I'm not upset - I just figured there'd be at least *some* positive response by now instead of just kidding. I'm patient.

Thanks!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:
KENJI wrote:

Hi LZeitgeist,

Oh, I understand, my feelings aren't hurt, I'm not upset - I just figured there'd be at least *some* positive response by now instead of just kidding. I'm patient.

Thanks!
There are a few here who like it.

I complemented Perdita Weeks once as being one of the bright spots before I stopped watching the show.

As for the shirt, I thought it was pretty ugly (and not in a good Aloha shirt ugly way). :wink:

This was the Magnum shirt I had back in the day:

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:

I complemented Perdita Weeks once as being one of the bright spots before I stopped watching the show.

As for the shirt, I thought it was pretty ugly (and not in a good Aloha shirt ugly way). :wink:

That's the one I wear most often as well -

My red Jungle Bird shirt seems to have shrunk just a bit as I've added a bit of girth. (This pic was a couple years ago)

Both shirts are the same size, but the black orchid shirt just seems more slimming on me.

Looking forward to adding a few more iconic Hawaiian shirts to my (somewhat) growing collection...
Last edited by LZeitgeist on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:

That's the one I wear most often as well - my red Jungle Bird shirt seems to have shrunk just a bit as I've added a bit of girth. Both shirts are the same size, but the black orchid shirt just seems more slimming on me.

Looking forward to adding a few more iconic Hawaiian shirts to my (somewhat) growing collection...
Never admit to adding girth! :P

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#12 Post by marlboro »

I am not a Hawaiian shirt guy, but is it possibly something called "Saint Laurent Palm Tree red shirt"?

Google that, and see if it looks right.

PS: fwiw, I always like the purple jungle bird shirt best.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by LZeitgeist »

marlboro wrote:I am not a Hawaiian shirt guy, but is it possibly something called "Saint Laurent Palm Tree red shirt"?

Holy cow, you did it! That's the one! Thank you!

Yves Saint Laurent... definitely something Higgins would buy... or a TV studio costumer woild choose for a high-profile reveal... unfortunately not something a County Government-employed sign and graphics guy can afford even if it was still available... yikes.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

LZeitgeist wrote:
marlboro wrote:I am not a Hawaiian shirt guy, but is it possibly something called "Saint Laurent Palm Tree red shirt"?

Holy cow, you did it! That's the one! Thank you!

Yves Saint Laurent... definitely something Higgins would buy... or a TV studio costumer woild choose for a high-profile reveal... unfortunately not something a County Government-employed sign and graphics guy can afford even if it was still available... yikes.
Yep that looks like the one. I wonder if it might not pop up soon enough on mauishirts.com - that's where I bought my classic MPI red jungle bird shirt earlier this year before my trip to O'ahu. I love that shirt! That said, the new MPI reboot shirt is ugly. Black palm trees?? Who's bright (or dark?) idea was that??? :roll:

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by LZeitgeist »

https://www.gq.com/story/gq-selects-saint-laurent-shirt

Written up in GQ magazine April of 2014...