MM: Info About the New Show?

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

MM: Info About the New Show?

#1 Post by marlboro »

Are there any plans to do episode lists, plot descriptions, cast lists, pics, flubs etc for the new show?

I know it isn't too popular around here, but for completeness sake, and historical value, it may be worthwhile. Now would be the best time to do it since there is an abundance of info (interviews, promos, ads) available now that might be hard to track down in the future.

Just an idea.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: MM: Info About the New Show?

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

marlboro wrote:Are there any plans to do episode lists, plot descriptions, cast lists, pics, flubs etc for the new show?

I know it isn't too popular around here, but for completeness sake, and historical value, it may be worthwhile. Now would be the best time to do it since there is an abundance of info (interviews, promos, ads) available now that might be hard to track down in the future.

Just an idea.
I understand that in keeping with "For All Things Magnum P.I." that we should do so, and maybe it'll happen, but my web management skills are quite lacking, about as antiquated as a WW II soldier as it were ... ;-).

There are other things I want to take care of here once (IF?) my skills get up to speed so perhaps that'll happen down the road. I know the last thing JJ was talking about was updating everything to HTML and he was daunted by that task . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#3 Post by marlboro »

Yeah, my tech skills are pretty much nonexistent, too. I don't even have a tv these days so I haven't even watched the show. I just saw that some of the folks here had gathered a lot of info about the show, and I thought it would be nice to incorporate that into the site.

ps Having not seen the show, I have to ask- how is it in the...er...Hawaiian Peaches category? Anything worth preserving? I ask purely for historical purposes you understand.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by T.Q. »

I wouldn’t wanna see it. Not that my opinion counts.

Jay Hernandez et al don’t deserve a place on this sacred site.

JMHO

:magnum: :higgins:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Kevster »

The good news is that at the current trajectory, you'll only have to worry about adding info. on a season or two of the reboot...

It may end up more footnote than anything.
Trust Me!!!

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

marlboro wrote: ps Having not seen the show, I have to ask- how is it in the...er...Hawaiian Peaches category? Anything worth preserving? I ask purely for historical purposes you understand.
Yes, I fully understand. :lol: But sorry, no real peaches to report, except maybe the girl from the pilot who said "you're a good man, Thomas Magnum". She might be a peach. But I can't recall anyone else. And nope, Shiggins doesn't qualify, at least she doesn't do anything for me. I know some here have a thing for her. Oh well, different strokes... but she's no Patch MacKenzie or Erin Gray or Rebecca Holden, not by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#7 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

So far Jay Hernandez is the hottest Hawaiian peach. By the by, they should have called it ‘Higgins, MI6’. Perdita is not only the best actor, but the only actor. They’re relying on her more and more to carry the show.
Faith and Begorrah!

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Chris109 »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:So far Jay Hernandez is the hottest Hawaiian peach. By the by, they should have called it ‘Higgins, MI6’. Perdita is not only the best actor, but the only actor. They’re relying on her more and more to carry the show.
Probably working on a spin-off as I type..

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Chris109 »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:So far Jay Hernandez is the hottest Hawaiian peach.
Didn't understand that quote, but is this supposed to be to what you are referencing?

A “Hawaiian” variety of peach is described as “poor quality, unattractive, low yielding,” in the USDA Handbook of Peaches and Nectarines.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#10 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I meant he’s the hottest chick on the show. A universal insult to all involved.
Faith and Begorrah!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:I meant he’s the hottest chick on the show. A universal insult to all involved.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#12 Post by Hawaii Winds »

T.Q. wrote:I wouldn’t wanna see it. Not that my opinion counts.

Jay Hernandez et al don’t deserve a place on this sacred site.

JMHO

:magnum: :higgins:

I agree, nothing against Jay Hernandez...no way he should have been casted for this monumental part! Just not the right fit!