The Trailer

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Trailer

#151 Post by Sam »

Pahonu wrote:
Sam wrote:You cats are brutal... I would bet I'm the only one from the board that's getting an all-expense-paid trip to Waikiki to view the premier on Sunsets on the Beach..Petey and I have struck up a great friendship :lol:
I'm with Sam. This is brutal. Yikes! I feel compelled to say that I am legitimately 6-7 tall and still think this is BRUTAL!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Yeah yeah yeah thanks Pahonu... did you read the part where I was called an old decrepit man :lol: :lol:
Rocking chair gramaphone....

That hurts :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#152 Post by J.J. Walters »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Speaking of a new direction, I was thinking about Magnum then & now...

LMAO!! Spilled my beer! Coughing! Can't... catch... my... breath!! :D
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Gordon Katsumoto
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#153 Post by Gordon Katsumoto »

jeffran wrote:When the trailer began - with our protagonist in a spacesuit - I thought I was watching an ad placed before the trailer. Then I realized: "Oh, no, this is Magnum." That set the tone.
So did I. :D

I couldn't even go through the whole trailer, or should I say, ordeal. Stopped when the chick was doing some yoga; she's the new Higgins, isn't she? To go with the times, I wonder which character's gay.*

That reboot is just another of many TV shows I won't even bother to watch. In fact, I'm going to erase it from my memory.

* Well, actually I don't, but it's bound to happen.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#154 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Speaking of a new direction, I was thinking about Magnum then & now...

BREAKING:

Tom Selleck meets with Jay Hernandez for lunch and passes down the actual short shorts worn in Magnum, P.I.

So excited, Mr. Hernandez wore them home from lunch.

NEWS at 11.

Well done!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#155 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote:
No need to know! wrote:I am probably an idiot and is a very old fan. But how the hell could you see this positive in any way? This is not Magnum P I at all. But some of you seem to like this, and your kids aswell ha, surprise. How can you be fooled? John Hillerman just died, and they just demolished Anderson estate.
And now creating another silly reboot a la 2018. I am feeling raped.
I’m actually super surprised there’s so many posters receptive (or at least open) to it.

To each their own I guess.

Just find it interesting because I’m still really peeved about it. :magnum: :higgins:
I agree.
You're not alone, so am I.

I posted this poll on a Magnum FB fan page and received the following results:

CoziTV Superfan spot

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#156 Post by Nikita70 »

Yesterday is gone. Most things that were can never be again. No matter what would have been done with the reboot it will never be like the original. I’m mostly in agreement the new show will be something I don’t care for but I am going to at least watch the pilot. Expectations are low.

The new Solo movie is another example. No matter how good the new guy is he isn’t Harrison Ford.

One good thing about the reboot, it seems to be causing more posting and traffic to MM, am I wrong?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#157 Post by Steve »

Nikita70 wrote:

One good thing about the reboot, it seems to be causing more posting and traffic to MM, am I wrong?
Between this and the destruction of The Estate the traffic has definitely been way up. If you start with the sad passing of John Hillerman, the non-senical demolition, the news and the trailer of the reboot and the sad passing of Marta DuBois some of our members are experiencing a form of PTSD. Hopefully an extra dosage of whatever libations they prefer will help us all through this....

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#158 Post by Nikita70 »

I didn’t know M. DuBois passed.

Work The Lock
Lieutenant

#159 Post by Work The Lock »

I wonder how the reboot will handle Magnum's narrations, or if they'll have them at all. They were invaluable to the tone of the original show and Selleck's worked perfectly with his expressive, up-and-down voice where you could feel the concern, joy or self-deprecation come through.

The new guy's voice is OK, but feels too flat based on the trailer to give it a legit Magnum nuance.

karolis
Admiral

#160 Post by karolis »

Work The Lock wrote:I wonder how the reboot will handle Magnum's narrations, or if they'll have them at all. They were invaluable to the tone of the original show and Selleck's worked perfectly with his expressive, up-and-down voice where you could feel the concern, joy or self-deprecation come through.

The new guy's voice is OK, but feels too flat based on the trailer to give it a legit Magnum nuance.
I believe that narration in trailer answers your question if there'll be the narration ;)

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#161 Post by Kevster »

Nikita70 wrote:I didn’t know M. DuBois passed.
Ditto....

:(
Trust Me!!!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#162 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Kevster wrote:
Ditto....

Hi Nikita70 & Kevster... here's our thread about it: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3655

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#163 Post by Kevster »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Kevster wrote:
Ditto....

Hi Nikita70 & Kevster... here's our thread about it: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3655
Thanks...

I went and found that thread when I'd read the comment. Also, I saw that IMDB and Wiki still haven't been updated. Such a shame...
Trust Me!!!

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#164 Post by Core 4 »

Do you remember this mysterious woman from the trailer? I learned that the actress is Nadine Nicole. But according to IMDB, she will not play Hannah, but Emily. So it's a different character.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1827516/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t7

ConchRepublican

#165 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:

You have NO idea how much I love this!

May I share?
That was so nice of you to ask, Conch! Sure... have fun! :D
Hey RG,

Your picture is getting a lot of attention on the FB Tom Selleck and Magnum fan pages!
CoziTV Superfan spot