Our "Magnum Mania" screen names

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#16 Post by Lt Tanaka »

I live in Japan. The obvious choice really.

I'm Irish so I could have gone with Fr. Paddy but I can't watch that episode without cringing all the way through.
Last edited by Lt Tanaka on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#17 Post by Agatha »

I enjoy seeing what people pick for a screen name and it's fun to find out why they picked it but I also don't have a favorite...I like them all.

I picked Agatha because I figure she's about my age. I also like the way the "main four" characters include her...especially Higgins, of course, but Thomas, Rick and TC also look out for her and make her feel welcome.

I've also discovered something else that we have in common. I decided to see if I could find an avatar. I didn't like the one in the gallery so I went to Google images to see if I could find one I like better. There's issues with size that I don't know how to fix but the main problem is that "Aggie" doesn't really take very good pictures...and I think it's because, like me, she's ALWAYS talking!

:lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#18 Post by golfmobile »

Agatha,

I think the trick to adding an avatar is that the picture used has to be very small -- something like 50x50 pixels. I found a picture of Agatha in the photos here and reduced it. You can find it here (block and copy):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/316 ... 10f6_m.jpg

It looks like this:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#19 Post by J.J. Walters »

The maximum avatar size is 90x90.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#20 Post by N1095A »

Well, I thought James J. Walters was a pretty cool screen name, but it was already taken. 8)
Last edited by N1095A on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#21 Post by golfmobile »

For the last 12-13 years (basically since the advent of the internet for everyone's use, widely), we (Larry and I) have been "golfmobile" (we tried to get it for EVERY email system there was -- msn, hotmail, yahoo, etc., but missed out on a few . . . .). So I just stuck with it because it's the user name I use on any forum. I didn't even realize when I joined that I should choose an MPI name. Had I thought of it, I probably would have tried for Island Hoppers, also, because of my fondness for that helicopter. However, IslandHopper had beat me to that by about 8 days!!!

I confess I think Artie Canoe is the cleverest, but I delight in seeing how new members pick certain user names that I wouldn't think of, but they DEFINITELY shout "MPI" (IKnowWhatYoureThinking, MyGod!, Zeus, Apollo).

Hey, WAIT!!! There's no "PickledEggPlease" -- is there? Or a "Robin1"?

Mike (N1095A) should change to PEP. . . . . :lol: :D :D

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#22 Post by IslandHopper »

Doc Ibold wrote:I've got an interesting one here...

My name was ORIGINALLY going to be Island Hoppers, but unfortunately my buddy, the one and only IslandHopper, signed up a few days before I did (and I had neglected to check the member list before coming up with the name), and James had emailed me back and said I had to pick a new one since it was too similar.
Sorry about that Doc. Thanks for the props, but you are the king of MPI trivia. :)

Although Higgins is my favorite character, I picked IslandHopper because I always liked the IH logo on TC's t-shirts. I even bought a few Island Hopper t-shirts and '80s style IH cap from cafepress.com.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Operation Chessboard
Lieutenant Commander

#23 Post by Operation Chessboard »

I picked mine from the episode 'The Last Page.' It's the name of Magnum's team mission in Nam when they were supposed to rendezvous with Ed Kanfer's team which was being flown in by TC.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#24 Post by Doc Ibold »

IslandHopper wrote:
Doc Ibold wrote:I've got an interesting one here...

My name was ORIGINALLY going to be Island Hoppers, but unfortunately my buddy, the one and only IslandHopper, signed up a few days before I did (and I had neglected to check the member list before coming up with the name), and James had emailed me back and said I had to pick a new one since it was too similar.
Sorry about that Doc. Thanks for the props, but you are the king of MPI trivia. :)

Although Higgins is my favorite character, I picked IslandHopper because I always liked the IH logo on TC's t-shirts. I even bought a few Island Hopper t-shirts and '80s style IH cap from cafepress.com.
Thank you kind sir!

And thanks to your alma mater for giving us Lions our running back of the future!

:lol:

N1095A

#25 Post by N1095A »

Okay, suffering from overpostitis here :lol: Am I crazy or was there someone who used the screen name "NowIKnowWhatYoureThinking"?
For some reason I recall seeing that somewhere.
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N1095A

#26 Post by N1095A »

Okay, suffering from overpostitis here :lol: Am I crazy or was there someone who used the screen name "NowIKnowWhatYoureThinking"?
For some reason I recall seeing that somewhere.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#27 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That was me Mike. I took the "Now" off because TM seems to use, "I know what you're thinking" a whole lot more.

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

#28 Post by higgybaby1 »

I picked mine because of my fondess for Higgins and for the laugh I get every time TC uses it arund Higgins...my first choice was "Uncle Lyle's Castle Blitz" but it seemed too long..
OH MY GAWD!

Autumn Warrior
Lieutenant

#29 Post by Autumn Warrior »

I’m new to this forum, so I’m seeing the screen names for the first time. There are many good names. (e.g., IslandHopper, Italian Ice, VMO2, Frodoleader, etc.) I agree that Artie Canoe might be the most clever. I particularly like HiHo, kudubuck, rubber chicken, and tidal pool. (I would trade the Ferrari for access to the tidal pool.)

I’m surprised that some names are not in use. Robin’s Nest or King K (or KK Club) come to mind.

I failed to check the member list before I chose my screen name. If I had, I would have seen that there were already three versions of Mad Buck. (my apologies)

I would change it if I could. I might pick Scrungo. (sp?)
TM: Well, it's not that we're old; it's just that we're not young anymore.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#30 Post by J.J. Walters »

Mad Buck, I can change your username if you want. Just let me know what you want.

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!