Trying to find out the name of an episode?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

n.magnum
Lieutenant

Trying to find out the name of an episode?

#1 Post by n.magnum »

I searched the site and couldn't find the episode. All I remember was it was about a politician of some sort and there was a great scene where Magnum tells the guy that he doesn't know what it was like to serve in Vietnam. Please let me know if that sounds familiar?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

I think you mean Trans Quoc Jones (season 6)

To Politician

Magnum: Wait a minute, wait just a minute! You make this nice little speech, full of understanding, full of compassion, and then you go right back to where you started - People should have listened to me, I was right! Well, don't try to convince us that you're such a wonderful person, because you had the courage to stand up for what you believe in. Convince yourself, cuz in my book it can't compare to the kind of courage it took to go over there and get shot at!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

Miss Q wrote:
Magnum: Wait a minute, wait just a minute! You make this nice little speech, full of understanding, full of compassion, and then you go right back to where you started - People should have listened to me, I was right! Well, don't try to convince us that you're such a wonderful person, because you had the courage to stand up for what you believe in. Convince yourself, cuz in my book it can't compare to the kind of courage it took to go over there and get shot at!
One time when that episode was on in reruns, I watched my husband when that line was spoken. He almost stood up and cheered! I think it's what he's been thinking for the last 40 years or so.

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#5 Post by n.magnum »

Thanks Guys! that is the one! I found that line powerful! That is why I wanted to watch that one again.

Kwanzaa
Lieutenant

#6 Post by Kwanzaa »

I agree the dialog was powerful. The Vietnam war was very political. Many people dodged the draft and later proclaimed themselves experts on the subject (Bill Clinton and others). It took guts to fight in this or any other war. It took no guts to run away from duty...

We are free today because of our war veterans. I salute them all...

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#7 Post by IslandHopper »

Kwanzaa wrote:I agree the dialog was powerful. The Vietnam war was very political. Many people dodged the draft and later proclaimed themselves experts on the subject (Bill Clinton and others). It took guts to fight in this or any other war. It took no guts to run away from duty...

We are free today because of our war veterans. I salute them all...
Well said Kwanzaa.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

Indeed.........I give the show much credit for changing the publics mind on Viet Nam and especially, finally honoring the Veterans of the War that had taken so much abuse during the protest years. I turned 18 in 1972, had to register for the draft and sweated out two draft lotteries before they finally started to wind down the War. Being at The University of Minnesota during those final three years of Viet Nam, I witnessed the protests and the protesters and how they somehow made enemies out of anything they deemed "establishment" including the Soldiers, ROTC Students, etc. Thank goodness Donald Bellisario came along..............