Ask James...Q&A with the Web Master

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#61 Post by Agatha »

Hear, hear, Styles!!

Has a nice ring to it...World peace through Magnum PI!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#62 Post by N1095A »

Agreed, This is no place for politics.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#63 Post by lutherhgillis »

I agree about not creating forums about politics and religions...etc but I do not think it is a problem to be truthful about one's own leanings if there is a reason to do so. For example, the MPI gang all had political leanings that were formed because of what happened to them in the war. Several episodes dealt with their dislike of draft dodgers, corrupt foreign dictators, and slimy beat reporters.

Where I draw the line is that my views may not be yours and that is ok. However, to expect a person to pretend they do not have an opinion is censorship.

I like the other TV shows forum. I just do not watch that many other shows... :wink:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#64 Post by J.J. Walters »

I'm not saying that you can't talk about politics, current events, etc. I'm just saying that I don't want to create a special forum for it. If you feel the need to, take it to the 'Beach Bar' (the place "for everything else"). ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by lutherhgillis »

Agreed. What I like is discussing the politics of the MPI show within the context of its era of time. When we do this, our own beliefs come into play sometimes. That's all I was trying to say.

Rock on Magnum-Mania :!:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#66 Post by Lt Tanaka »

edit
Last edited by Lt Tanaka on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by MPS »

Agatha wrote:Hear, hear, Styles!!

Has a nice ring to it...World peace through Magnum PI!
I have also tried to stay clear of any political debates or discussions that have shown up on MM. This is a wonderful place to come and read what others think about Magnum; the characters, plots, flubs or locations. It's an escape from the events happening right now (or next year....).

Thanks to James and all the members of the forum for being polite and quite so civilized. Higgins would be proud!
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#68 Post by Mavrick »

I have just join a few days ago, It is so refreshing to find a site like this . This site is so addicting. I belive that is because we are here for one thing. That is the Joy of Magnum and the happienss that he still continues to bring. I so much want to become an active member and make friends and have alot of fun and laughs along the way. I do belive this is the site that will do it. Long live Magnum Mania! :D
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#69 Post by golfmobile »

Welcome, Mavrick! You'll love it here. There are the most gracious forum people here than anywhere else on the world wide web! We have and have had all along the most wonderful webmaster, James.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#70 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome indeed Mav.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#71 Post by Mavrick »

Thank you I will be on this site so much People will get sick of me LOL
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.