This Site Is Just Too Much Fun!

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

This Site Is Just Too Much Fun!

#1 Post by golfmobile »

I canNOT believe how much time I spend here every day, just catching up on what regulars have posted, what new folks have joined and posted threads and responses to existing threads, and how much I enjoy the new folks that just charge in and feel at home enough to start posting interesting, informative, and appropriate suggestions and additions. And how much time I spend catching up on what all the new folks post on existing threads and how the "old guard" responds to the new posts. . . . . and on and on and on . . . . It's always a "catch-up" to see the new stuff and the responses of everyone to the new stuff. Which is delightful, but sometimes I feel a little guilty about neglecting the REST of my life . . . .

Not that I don't enjoy every minute! I'm just ROTFLMAO at how great this site is -- and continues to improve every day!

James, you've created a monster! But it's the GOOD kind -- like Peter Boyle as the "Monster" in "Young Frankenstein"!!

Thanks to everyone here for their contributions, enthusiasm, generosity, sense of humor, friendliness, and just general joie de vive!!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Carmen
MPI

#2 Post by Carmen »

I know about that feeling of guilt every day!!
Right now I`d have to do some ironing (in fact a lot of, family of 6) and much other stuff - but look at me, here I am at my computer, first thing in the morning after I brought the little ones to Kindergarten. But it really isn`t my fault - you guys are writing too much while I am sleeping over here in Germany and it just takes a lot of time to catch up... :roll:
and in the afternoon or early evening I have to come again, this time my 14 year old son is with me to read whatever is new then :D
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I waste a little too much time on here as well, but I really can't help myself. I love seeing what people are going to contribute to the conversation everyday.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

If I find one more site for my hobbies (Buffett, Mets, Raiders and now TM) and I'm going to get in big trouble!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#5 Post by SelleckLover »

I don't think I spend too much time here. Since I'm disabled and have no job, this is my entertainment. Oh, and what lovely entertainment it is! I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than this...except maybe being on a flight to Hawaii! :D

Carmen
MPI

#6 Post by Carmen »

SL, I don`t think I spend too much time here also - otherwise I would not be here again, this time it is not even my fault - my friend asked me to look something up in the Internet - and here I am *G*
sure I will cook dinner for my family - sooner or later...
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#7 Post by SelleckLover »

From my point of view, I'm amazed at how many hours there are in a day when you have no children to take care of and/or don't have a job!! I don't cook meals either. My husband has a job where he works 12 hour shifts (9am to 9 pm) but he works 30 miles away so he has to leave really early (7:30am) and arrives home late (10pm) So I pack him an extra large lunch (in a small cooler) and call it a day! :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

golf, guys .... thanks :)

The site has turned out better than I ever could have imagined. And you guys are a big part of that.

Balance, variety, quality time - the keys to a happy, healthy life. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#9 Post by Doc Ibold »

Yeah,

This site is a nice use of time for me as well, can just pop in at work every once in a while to see whats up.

Its great to know that even though Season 8 is out, the topics aren't remotely coming close to drying up (I had feared that they would).

Even the old episodes can get new life once a new person takes a look at it and opens up a new topic of conversation.

The list of our nutty accomplishments on here are pretty remarkable!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#10 Post by IslandHopper »

Well said everyone. This site is great. I visit this site more than any other. We've got to have a convention some day.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Icepick
Admiral

#11 Post by Icepick »

If I had heaps of money I'd fly all us Magnum Maniacs to Honolulu for a meet-up. Until then we'd have to arrange a date way in advance so people could plan properly. :)
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MPS »

Have to agree with the earlier comments, this site is great! I read the new postings as soon I as have checked my email in the morning, then I'm back for another look in the evening. Kudos to everyone for their ideas and attention to detail. :D Now, if someone could just get us all to Hawaii for free.....
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by 308GUY »

I just discovered this site less than a month ago and I have to say, I'm addicted.

I was just relieved to find that I was not the only one that just couldn't get enough MPI, and wish that it was still being made. On the other hand, it's kinda like the Stones...they were great in their heyday, but watching ole' Mick trying to imitate himself in his younger days..not so much. I was always more of a Beatles fan anyway, and McCartney hasn't lost much other than some tight skin!

Anyway, I'm still just cruising through all you guys old threads and wishing I'd been here sooner, but better late than never I always say!

It's gonna take me at least a year or so to catch up, and by that time, there'll be so many new threads, I guess I'll do well just to keep up, never mind catch up.:)

Just want to say a great thanks to J.J. and all the others who contributed to the formation and creation of this site. I have a couple car forums I frequent, but the folks here just seem to be more of a "single mind" from where I'm looking, just an opinion, not to take anything away from anyone's individuality, as I see plenty of evidence of that as well. Just saying I'm glad the site is here and all that make it what it is. Oh yea, I have a tendency to make run-on sentences. I tend to get off on tangents from time to time. So much to say, and so little time to say it! One of the reasons I admire writers so much...anybody that can take the time to organize their thoughts enough to put them in proper order so they make sense to somebody reading them...has to be worthy of respect and admiration! Again, just my opinion.

Now if I can just get the Google Earth thing of RC to work right on my machine, I'll be set for the next couple months!

Hope to be able to participate more in the future. I know what you're thinking..and you could be right..just have to wait and see what develops!:D
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, thanks 308GUY! It means a lot. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mark R.Y.
Captain

Re: This Site Is Just Too Much Fun!

#15 Post by Mark R.Y. »

Yes, this is probably my favorite message board to visit. The people here are so nice, funny and respectful of others. Unlike a lot of the whining and squabbling that goes on in other forums I frequent!