K Hale

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: K Hale

#16 Post by Pahonu »

:!:
KENJI wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:13 pm
Pahonu wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:45 am
Chris109 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:18 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:48 am

So Hoff,
Can you hook me up with Brenda Lowe, Erika Eleniak or better yet the Aussie goddess Simmone Jade Mackinnon? I will gladly trade you a slightly used place mat from Luau Louies, a
autographed copy of Lloyd DeWitt's "Private Investigative Techniques in the Computer Age" and a tutorial by Don Luis Higgins on when to employ "Uncle Lyle's Castle Blitz".
Thanking you in advance, Dobie.
Sure thing, Dobie. Erika is a good friend of mine and we still stay in touch. I will ask her to see if she can get you an autograph. I'm not familiar with the other 2 ladies, I'm afraid. :(
Erika said she'll call you after my birthday shindig.

Sorry, but I had to leave out 2 very important points.
Dang! That was from a Steven Segal movie, right? I’m forgetting the name, but I saw it at the time. I started in production at Baywatch the year after she left. Pam Anderson, Nicole Eggert, and Alexandra Paul were there my first year, and Yasmine Bleeth came my second and final year. There was also a woman who played Hasselhoff’s love interest that second year but I have no recollection of her name. She was also a blonde though.
Hi Guys!
You're correct Pahonu.
The title of the Segal movie - Under Siege.
Segal was Casey Ryback and Erika was Playboy Playmate Jordan Tate.
I didn't know you did production on Baywatch!
I remember that title Under Siege now and it was on a ship… but not much else. :oops:

Yup, I spent two years as a PA (basically a gopher :lol:) from 93-95. I’m forgetting which seasons, but I think it was 4 and 5. I’ve mentioned it a few times here on the forum over the years, often when members had questions about the production process. Though it’s very different now with digital cameras and CGI, it was very much the same as MPI would have been just a few years earlier.

I quit that humdrum gig to go back to school for the glamour and excitement of getting my teaching credential. :lol: Actually, I have no regrets. I’ve been in the classroom for 27 years now and still enjoy the work and my students.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Hi P,

Yes it was on a ship with the cook saving the day. They even did a sequel, but on a train. :roll:

The digital cameras, etc. must make things much easier compared to back then.

You made the right choice! You're a wealth of knowledge.....the students are lucky to have you....so are we!! :)

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#18 Post by Pahonu »

KENJI wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:10 pm Hi P,

Yes it was on a ship with the cook saving the day. They even did a sequel, but on a train. :roll:

The digital cameras, etc. must make things much easier compared to back then.

You made the right choice! You're a wealth of knowledge.....the students are lucky to have you....so are we!! :)
Thank you for the very kind words Kenji.

I’m happy to say I missed the sequel and didn’t even know about its existence!

I think the two biggest benefits of digital cameras are first, that the director can see the footage immediately and decide to move on or not rather than waiting for dailies to be processed, and second, the delays in loading and unloading new reels of film on the camera are eliminated. Typical rolls had 1000 feet or about 10-11 minutes of film. One of the biggest jobs of the 2nd assistant cameraman (the clapperboard guy) was to reload the camera and keep track of all the rolls. He was constantly running back and forth to the camera truck with used and new reels.

I would also add that the cameras are also lighter and more maneuverable without the film reels and more easily utilized with a steadicam rather than on a dolly for movement. Just some thoughts.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by KENJI »

Like I said.....you're a wealth of knowledge....thanks for sharing it with us!
:)

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#20 Post by Mr. Keoki »

I saw her post on FB in the "Magnum P.I. international Fan Club", but it's been a while.... Maybe she's just like some others (like me) that come and go around here and have some larger gaps in my visits.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by terryfromkerry »

I don't know guys....🤔😏... I am a bit sceptical that Ivan aka Zelensky the Valiant is actually the Hoff. For me the acid test would be hearing Ivan/ Hoff sing " Flying On The Wings Of Tenderness" one of his hits from the '80's.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

terryfromkerry wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:30 pm I don't know guys....🤔😏... I am a bit sceptical that Ivan aka Zelensky the Valiant is actually the Hoff. For me the acid test would be hearing Ivan/ Hoff sing " Flying On The Wings Of Tenderness" one of his hits from the '80's.
I'll do one better! I'll sing my mega-hit "Our First Night Together" (together with my lovely ex-wife Cathy) which we both sang in the Knight Rider episode "Let It Be Me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-KIM_0_-Ig

Enjoy! It's a tremendous song and you'll probably find yourself listening to it repeatedly as it's very intoxicating and addictive. Just giving you a fair warning. But hey, I warned ya. :wink:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by terryfromkerry »

😂 I am on my knees chanting " we're not worthy". Please excuse my doubts Mr Hasselhoff.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

terryfromkerry wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:43 am 😂 I am on my knees chanting " we're not worthy". Please excuse my doubts Mr Hasselhoff.
Any and all doubts excused. We're only human. :)

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by terryfromkerry »

🙏