K Hale

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

K Hale

#1 Post by T.Q. »

I looked something up today and saw K Hale.

Haven’t seen her for forever.

Anyone know if she’s alright?

Just curious.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: K Hale

#2 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:03 pm I looked something up today and saw K Hale.

Just curious.
I don’t have any information but it has been a long time. She gave me many great suggestions to see John Hillerman in action… okay, really not so much action given his proclivity for more sedentary pursuits, :lol: but good acting. :higgins: She was a big fan.

The same happened with Rembrandt’s Girl. She was very active for several years and found all the old newspaper articles about the building of Pahonu and the woman who did so. She really helped me with my SketchUp model, and then she disappeared. We actually emailed each other outside the forum about Pahonu. I reached out several times to no avail. :(

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:59 pm
T.Q. wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:03 pm I looked something up today and saw K Hale.

Just curious.
I don’t have any information but it has been a long time. She gave me many great suggestions to see John Hillerman in action… okay, really not so much action given his proclivity for more sedentary pursuits, :lol: but good acting. :higgins: She was a big fan.

The same happened with Rembrandt’s Girl. She was very active for several years and found all the old newspaper articles about the building of Pahonu and the woman who did so. She really helped me with my SketchUp model, and then she disappeared. We actually emailed each other outside the forum about Pahonu. I reached out several times to no avail. :(
We're all getting older. I worry when someone just disappears. We're all gonna just disappear some day I guess. :(
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Just curious.

I also was wondering what happened to K Hale and Rembrandt's Girl. RG in particular, as with those articles I'd rank her near the top for contributors to Magnum Mania.
I had the impression she was herself a writer of some kind.

You actually never know who you are dealing with, then Prince now King Chuck has a far reaching interest in many fields.
According to a British commentator he had online "friends" of years standing who only knew him as some bloke from Cornwall with a keen interest in cutting edge organic farming there.
Adopting online identities allows Charles or some famous actor or politician to be themselves without worrying about people sucking up to them for phony/selfish reasons.
If it got out that T.Q. is actually Tom Selleck, or Pahonu is Keanu Reeves doing research for a Magnum PI movie, some people here would be fawning over them.

Sadly as T.Q. intimated there will be a certain percentage of people here who simply passed on.

Just an aside, but when the old Yahoo Group for Route 66 went kaput, the "monitor" arranged for it's entire archive to be deposited, for research, at UCLA's Stirling Silliphant site.
Silliphant was the Oscar winning genius - and good friend of Bruce Lee - behind Route 66 and Naked City.
Anyway, there is a lot of Magnum gold to be mined at Magnum Mania, such as Rembrandt's Girl's work, maybe one day MM will end up in an archive.
50 years from now a lot of the nuance and references in Magnum PI may get lost in the shuffle, but the explanations might then be found here.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

Everyone should be friends outside Magnum Mania with at least one person. Facebook or whatever.

If someone disappears would be nice to know if they're doing okay (or passed away).

Pahonu

#6 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:39 pm Everyone should be friends outside Magnum Mania with at least one person. Facebook or whatever.

If someone disappears would be nice to know if they're doing okay (or passed away).
I agree! I have/had communication with about 4 or 5 members via email over the years. RG lived in the San Jose CA area and her husband worked in tech. After learning of my architectural history background, she even sent me pictures of some of the color combinations they were considering for their home’s new paint! The last email exchange we had was in the spring right before the pandemic lockdown. I’ve reached out a couple of times since with no luck. :(

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Ok, I think it's time for me to come clean. I'm actually David Hasselhoff, better known as The Hoff. And yes I do have some Ukrainian (as well as German of course) roots. Now, please no fawning over me, ok? :)

Pahonu

#8 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:22 pm Ok, I think it's time for me to come clean. I'm actually David Hasselhoff, better known as The Hoff. And yes I do have some Ukrainian (as well as German of course) roots. Now, please no fawning over me, ok? :)
I didn’t realize that The Hoff had moved to the Philadelphia area! :lol:

Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:35 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:22 pm Ok, I think it's time for me to come clean. I'm actually David Hasselhoff, better known as The Hoff. And yes I do have some Ukrainian (as well as German of course) roots. Now, please no fawning over me, ok? :)
I'm not getting much work lately and life in CA can get expensive. :)

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm
So Hoff,
Can you hook me up with Brenda Lowe, Erika Eleniak or better yet the Aussie goddess Simmone Jade Mackinnon? I will gladly trade you a slightly used place mat from Luau Louies, a
autographed copy of Lloyd DeWitt's "Private Investigative Techniques in the Computer Age" and a tutorial by Don Luis Higgins on when to employ "Uncle Lyle's Castle Blitz".
Thanking you in advance, Dobie.

Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:48 am
So Hoff,
Can you hook me up with Brenda Lowe, Erika Eleniak or better yet the Aussie goddess Simmone Jade Mackinnon? I will gladly trade you a slightly used place mat from Luau Louies, a
autographed copy of Lloyd DeWitt's "Private Investigative Techniques in the Computer Age" and a tutorial by Don Luis Higgins on when to employ "Uncle Lyle's Castle Blitz".
Sure thing, Dobie. Erika is a good friend of mine and we still stay in touch. I will ask her to see if she can get you an autograph. I'm not familiar with the other 2 ladies, I'm afraid. :(

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm
So Hoff,
Sure thing, Dobie. Erika is a good friend of mine and we still stay in touch. I will ask her to see if she can get you an autograph. I'm not familiar with the other 2 ladies, I'm afraid. :(
Erika said she'll call you after my birthday shindig.

Sorry, but I had to leave out 2 very important points.

Pahonu

#13 Post by Pahonu »

Chris109 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:18 pm

So Hoff,

Dang! That was from a Steven Segal movie, right? I’m forgetting the name, but I saw it at the time. I started in production at Baywatch the year after she left. Pam Anderson, Nicole Eggert, and Alexandra Paul were there my first year, and Yasmine Bleeth came my second and final year. There was also a woman who played Hasselhoff’s love interest that second year but I have no recollection of her name. She was also a blonde though.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

So Hoff,

Holy crap. Truly Chris, you are a great American.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by KENJI »

Pahonu wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:45 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm I'm not getting much work lately and life in CA can get expensive. :)
So Hoff,

Dang! That was from a Steven Segal movie, right? I’m forgetting the name, but I saw it at the time. I started in production at Baywatch the year after she left. Pam Anderson, Nicole Eggert, and Alexandra Paul were there my first year, and Yasmine Bleeth came my second and final year. There was also a woman who played Hasselhoff’s love interest that second year but I have no recollection of her name. She was also a blonde though.
Hi Guys!
You're correct Pahonu.
The title of the Segal movie - Under Siege.
Segal was Casey Ryback and Erika was Playboy Playmate Jordan Tate.
I didn't know you did production on Baywatch!