Mark de Croix wishes to thank the Admiralty

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

Re: Mark de Croix wishes to thank the Admiralty

#16 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

👨‍✈️Hey Cuz
:magnum: How ya doin Cuz. Ya been okay?
👨‍✈️Not too bad not too bad. Met with both Fishbutt and Mac-n-Fish.
:magnum: Oh, yeah, what did they have to say?
👨‍✈️Hmm, I’m wondering that myself, ha, ha.
:magnum: Whadya mean?
👨‍✈️Well, each of them gave me advice, “be cooperative,” as if, I needed to hear it.
:magnum: Just out of the blue?
👨‍✈️No, for instance Mac-n-Fish told me that Fishbutt helped get me where I am. To do that he received cooperation from others.That’s how the Navy works, he said.
:magnum: Surely.
👨‍✈️And Fishbutt too. The same thing.
:magnum: I see. How jya feel about it?
👨‍✈️A little uneasy. Not one but both served it up. Like something else was behind it.
:magnum: Seems so. Both of ‘em with the same message, at the same time.
👨‍✈️Whadya think?
:magnum: Remember me sayin' they were groomin’ ya to be an admiral? Maybe I wasn’t far off. But instead of “an admiral,” substitute “cooperative”!
👨‍✈️Whoa!
:magnum: Yeah. Excuse me, Cuz. I gotta a call from my friend Mac McElroy. I told ya about him. Call ya back in a jiff.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Mark de Croix »

:magnum: I'm back and got a boatload for ya. But first where did we leave off?
Ah, they want ya to be cooperative.
👨‍✈️ Yeah, right. uhh, Fishbutt also had some exciting news. They liked my plans for their recruitment program and my name for it: 𝙸-Navy.
:magnum: Well, that’s original. Ha, ha.
👨‍✈️ Well they liked it.
:magnum: That’s all that counts.
👨‍✈️Yeah because Ferrari America is gonna give me 20K to do a commercial but uh uh it redirects to Fishbutt's department.
:magnum: What? 20K and it goes to Fishbutt?
👨‍✈️ Not exactly. To Fishbutt's department.
:magnum: Same thing, isn't it?
👨‍✈️ Maybe, ha, ha. You see, Base M-M's regs require it.
:magnum: Sounds fishy to me-e. Say that in the contract?
👨‍✈️ Don't know.
:magnum: Ya got it there?
👨‍✈️ Fishbutt's got it
:magnum: Well, make sure ya read it before ya sign it.
👨‍✈️ I already did.
:magnum: What? Doesn't the Academy teach ya anything anymore? Ya never sign anything before ya read it.
👨‍✈️ Yeah, but Fishbutt was so insistent and
:magnum: And ya gotta be cooperative!
👨‍✈️ Yeah, I know but I get free use of a Ferrari and a cake job in Recruitment. All because of him.
:magnum: Doesn't smell right. What's Mac-n-Fish's deal?
👨‍✈️ We're getting a speedy receiver for the Base football team Fishbutt engineered. Sounds like Fishbutt holds lots of check with the Navy for getting this new recruit right out from under the nose of San Diego so he could be on our team. Then Mac-n-Fish told me he’s heavy into intelligence going back and forth between here and Langley. Most peculiar is he wants me to continue undercover in the 40th Anniversary Watch group. It seems I might have mishandled the Enigma5000 and goofed up the operation.
:magnum: Don’t worry about it. It’s hard to operate. But anytime ya say, Langley, y'know you're in deep. And from what Mac tells me, you are.
👨‍✈️ I see.
:magnum: Listen, it seems Base M-M is a prototype for the New Navy-- particularly with the Fast Track Promotion System. But ya know they’re keeping a lid on people promoted in the system, people like you. That is, while stationed here none of you can be sent out to another base, so to avoid confusion about the new ranking system. As you said you really are an ensign and outsiders would catch on fast. Could be dicy.
👨‍✈️ What about our football games?
:magnum: I suppose they’ll have them at neutral sites or off base somewhere. Teams are pretty much separated and after games go their separate ways. Won’t be a problem.
Most of all Base M-M is like a bubble, impenetrable bubble in the Navy’s Command Management Data System. Imagine a schematic of interconnected dots overlaying a world map, the dots for US Navy bases. All are dots except for M-M's being a large bubble. Mac couldn’t get into it yet. He also said there are two small bubbles connected to it. One marked “Recruitment and Promotions.” It seems your department is independent. What that means I don’t know.
👨‍✈️ What's the other marked?
:magnum: "40th Anniversary Watch"!
👨‍✈️"40th Anniversary Watch"?!!
:magnum: Listen I gotta a booty call to make tonight. You be careful with those two guys and I'll see what more Mac can find out. Over and out, Cuz.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Hey, Cuz
👨‍✈️Hey, Tom. I got something for ya.
Uh, my team found some tampering with the Enigma5000 and may explain why it found the 40th Party group used uncoded messaging. Some rotors in the machine were suspiciously switched around such that it foiled our deciphering attempts.
:magnum: Who coulda done it?
👨‍✈️ I ’ll get to it in a minute. The 40th this week would seem on the up and up, but using an untampered Enigma5000 tells a different story.
:magnum: Go on.
👨‍✈️ Their leader who goes by “TQ,” surely an assumed name, sends out the message that they’ll “wait until next week” for something. But actually he’s telling them to lay low. My team thinks it’s the lull before the big storm.
:magnum: Or somehow they know we on to them. Are you naked now and been anytime we’ve been on the phone?
👨‍✈️ Oh, yeah.
:magnum: I’m sure it’s not from my end. I make electronic sweeps continually and McElroy too—he cued me in to all of it. Maybe they’re about to do something big. Any clues?
👨‍✈️ Well, Enignma5000 is reporting a lot of TQ’s lieutenants are jabbering back and forth about drug trafficking out of Vietnam.
:magnum: Damn. ‘Nam continues to come back. I thought I left it all behind in the War. What’s it this time?
👨‍✈️ The jabbering, besides drugs, included a lot about knocking off soldiers.
:magnum: Sounds like a big score being planned. “Soldiers” is probably code for “guards.”
👨‍✈️ Exactly, what my team thinks.
:magnum: Maybe not the innocent Navy men just kicking back like we first thought! And who do you think fouled up the Enigma5000?
👨‍✈️ I still can’t believe it but my team found prints on it from the driver for Mac-n-Fish.
:magnum: Mac-n-Fish’s driver? Getting weird, man.
👨‍✈️ Why would Mac-n-Fish want me to do secret surveillance but sabotage it at the same time?
:magnum: Good question. Maybe the wrong fish. Maybe the driver’s in league with the 40th Anniversary Watch! Then you’re in grave danger.
👨‍✈️ Oh shit.
:magnum: You need to do a complete rundown on all its members if not already. This is where McElroy can really help.
👨‍✈️ Have you talked with Mac recently?
:magnum: No, not since last time. Oh, a client of mine just drove into the driveway. Let’s talk later. Just stay cool in the meantime. See ya.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Hey, Mark
👨‍✈️ Hey, Cuz
:magnum: You ok, to talk, you know what I mean.
👨‍✈️ Hold it a minute. … Ok I’m pure naked.
:magnum: Good. Listen you gotta be sitting down for this.
👨‍✈️Wha dya mean.
:magnum: I got some heavy shit to lay on ya.
👨‍✈️Alright. Seated. Lay it on me, Cuz.
:magnum: You’re not in the Navy.
👨‍✈️Not in the Navy? Wha dya mean?
:magnum: You’re not in the Navy. None of you are. Mac got in a backdoor in the Navy’s command data system and came up with something right out of science fiction.
👨‍✈️Huh?
:magnum: Base M-M is not real. It’s all virtual reality run out of Langley. It’s accomplished in big part because of the implanted chips they put in all you guys.
👨‍✈️Base M-M not real? I’m not a Vice Admiral?
:magnum: Not even an ensign. Well, you are on paper but not in any real sense. It’s all a ruse produced by Langley in cooperation with the Defense Department.
👨‍✈️But what about all those battleships in the harbor?
:magnum: What harbor? It’s an open field. They got ya to think it’s a harbor. It’s all part of the “New Navy,” making the enemy think we got ships and harbors where we don’t. You are part of an experiment to try it out. The chips inside of you pick up the images Langley projects on your mind.
👨‍✈️Base M-M not real. My commission not real. The harbor not real. Fishbutt and Mac-n-Fish are imaginary too?
:magnum: I think they’re real. Or at least at one time they were. McElroy and I reason that the higher ups are real as they are part of the Old Navy system.
👨‍✈️ So basically you’re tellin’ me I’m livin’ in a virtual world. Maybe you’re the only real person I know!
:magnum: Could be. Could be. On base you’re in virtual reality but once off you’re in the real world—for now!
👨‍✈️ Too much, too much.
:magnum: Heavy, I know, heavy. Mac and I went over it again and again from all angles and came up with the same conclusion. Another piece of intel is this: the leader of your 40th Anniversary group, TQ … He was never in the Navy. He in fact is a top agent from Langley. He’s their go-to guy for any big top secret project. How many of the group members--and who are virtual and who not--we don’t know. It’s a safe bet that some are no more human than their avatars. I’m sorry I had to break the news, but you had to know.
👨‍✈️ Yeah, of course. What now?
:magnum: Well it's a whole hellava lot to take in. Let's go slow with this. We wanna keep our wits about us. I'll call ya sometime during the week.
👨‍✈️ Ok. Talk to ya then.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Howya doin
👨‍✈️Still in shock. You say I’m not in the Navy?
:magnum: Well, sorta. Base M-M is outside the Navy data grid. It’s alone, separate. Then, too, you are in the “New Navy,” again a separate category from the regular Navy. None of you can be transferred to another base. As it turns out you’re part of an experiment. Excuse my phrase but you’re all lab rats for Langley. But, but you still get a paycheck. That’s saying something, ha, ha.
👨‍✈️Yeah I’ll say. But why me?
:magnum: Good question. Uh, I didn’t wanna say anything but uh it seems the “M-M” isn’t for candy but uh for misfits and maniacs. ...Can you think of any reason you’re seen as different?
👨‍✈️Well there is something. I didn’t even tell my mom or anyone else in the family: I couldn’t graduate on time. I haven’t yet but the Academy worked out a deal for me. I’m short of only one credit—and that’s for PE. You see I fell on my sword for Coach. If I didn’t he would have been demoted. I was in his class and he told me of course I could ace it without even going. So I never went and got an ‘A.’ But some accreditation people got wind of it and raised a stink. Technically, I could have sued the Academy and they knew it. So as a compromise they let me graduate in name but I have to go back and do the one credit within three years for official recognition. This meant that Coach kept a clean record.
:magnum: But people not privy to the agreement might see you as a troublemaker.
👨‍✈️Right.
:magnum: Langley’s intent is to experiment with the lower rung in personnel, so if successful, the New Navy can work with anyone.
👨‍✈️That makes sense. But how can they pull it off--control all of us?
:magnum: That's easy. Remember the other day you told me you really haven't met anyone on base yet in the flesh? It's all by video calls and texting?
👨‍✈️Yeah, so?
:magnum: Well it's all done under the guise of simulated training for a global pandemic. As long as people think it's for a pandemic, who's gonna question it?
👨‍✈️ But how does the “40th” figure in all this?
:magnum: Well we know because a top man TQ is involved, the operation must be risky and crosses the line somewhere. Using “M-n-Ms” as personnel means they are more easily disposed and disavowals more creditable. It means all the more you gotta beat ‘em to the punch before they do it to you.
👨‍✈️Still hard to believe ‘cause they’re all just regular guys.
:magnum: Who knows. They could all be mere avatars fronting for Langley or a street gang doing Langley’s dirty work.
:magnum: You gotta get the goods on ‘em. Be in touch.
👨‍✈️Ok, later.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Mark de Croix »

U. S. NAVY INTERNET SERVICES
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY CAMERA IS ON
UNAUTHORIZED USE PUNISHABLE BY FINE OR IMPRISONMENT
U.S. DEPT. OF DEFENSE

▶︎ATTENTION!! (STAND AND FACE THE CAMERA)
FOR 🇺🇸 ADMIRAL MACKEREL 🇺🇸

▶︎VICE ADMIRAL MARKSON SULLIVAN DE CROIX III!!!
👨‍✈️ Yes, SIR!!!
▶︎ So good to see you again, Vice Admiral. What a wonderboy you are to zoom from ensign to vice admiral in just a few weeks time. Ever wonder about it, Mr. Markson?
👨‍✈️ Yes, somewhat, sir.
▶︎ And?
👨‍✈️ I raised it with the Commandant and he basically told me not to worry about it.
▶︎ We’ll worry for you, that is, Admiral Halibut and myself. You know, it can ruffle some feathers among the rank and file. That’s where cooperation comes in by which we all help each other out. You know what I mean?
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ We run a tight ship here, Base M-M, and cooperation is the key. Now about your report on the “40th.” You say they’ve taken hiatus until the next season?
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ Hmm, what could it mean?
👨‍✈️ I’m unsure, sir, but the Enigma5000 computes a 70 percent chance that “season” means “shipment.”
▶︎Ah Ha. Just as I suspected, some sort of distribution ring is going on.
👨‍✈️ Sir, if I may say, Intelligence 101 at the Academy taught us never to leap with your first readings.
▶︎ So good that you are applying your lessons, son. But are you to say your commanding admiral has taken a leap too soon??
👨‍✈️ Not at all, sir!! Especially you, sir! But I wouldn’t be doing my job if I remained silent, sir.
▶︎ Well, sometimes silence can be golden, young man. Anyway, this isn’t my first look at the 40th. Which leads me to this character, TQ, your report mentions. He’s an agent of the CIA? In my territory??
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ I see. You got this from your textbook in Intelligence 101? Or is it one of those hunches of yours? Frankly you don’t have the security clearance to know about CIA personnel. So how can you assert that about TQ?
👨‍✈️ Sir, with all due respect, I’m not at liberty to say.
▶︎ Well, it seems you were taught a lot about Intelligence 101 but not about the most important of virtues for a young officer—cooperation!!
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ But I’m a man of reason. I can understand the seeming conflicts in thought for a young officer when they try to do the right thing. The right thing for you, son, is to to provide me with your data basis or source of information on TQ. Have it ready for me by fifteen hundred hours tomorrow.
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir!!
▶︎ You are dismissed, Mr. de Croix.
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir!!
CAMERA IS OFF ◉

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Hey guy what’s goin on.
👨‍✈️I fucked up, Tom. I made a report on the 40th but went overboard and mentioned TQ being from Langley. Mac-n-Fish grilled me and wants to know my source by tomorrow. What am I gonna do?
:magnum: Ok, ok calm down. What led up to this?
👨‍✈️We were talking about the 40th being shady when he suddenly switched to TQ as a Langley plant.
:magnum: How did he react?
👨‍✈️A bit annoyed about it being in his own backyard.
:magnum: Hmm, sounds like he heard it for the first time despite being heavily plugged into Langley. Why the disconnect? Langley goes behind his back and plants their own man in the 40th. …Hmm… hmm ... Hey, Cuz, you just threw a 50 yarder for a TD!
👨‍✈️Really?
:magnum: Yeah, don’t ya see? Mac-n-Fish must distrust Langley enough to groom you as his secret conduit to the 40th, thinking he could get cut out. The revelation about TQ confirms his worse fear. He now can become our puppet.
👨‍✈️Sounds great but puppet?? I don’t see how. Besides, I gotta come up with a source about TQ!
:magnum: Easy, easy. We gotcha covered.
👨‍✈️Yeah?
:magnum: Mac and me, that is—McElroy-- got an escape hatch in this kind of situation. It’s happened before.
👨‍✈️Really?
:magnum: Yeah, whacha do is this: we feed ‘im a ghost player made out to be a mole in the Firm or the Navy, doesn’t matter which. He’s a disgruntled employee out to do them in by revealing agent identities and so on. He’ll be electronically set up so as to emit ever-evading traces that lead his pursuers on an endless chase. Eventually he gets cornered but still allows time to self-destruct and erase vital clues to his capture—the electronic “black box” that we direct and manage.
👨‍✈️You’ve done this before?
:magnum: Yeah, it works like a charm.
👨‍✈️But what’s the tie-in with me?
:magnum: Ok, as before, Mac can make some transmissions from the black box (the ghost player) informing you he intercepted Navy communications about your undercover work with the 40th. He reveals TQ’s identity simply out of a grudge.
👨‍✈️Whoa.
:magnum: It gets better. Mac-n-Fish is sure to pursue the ghost who feeds him false information who in turn becomes our puppet or agent vis-à-vis the Navy and Langley. Your fuckup actually turns out to be a game changer!
👨‍✈️ Thomas Magnum, you’re a genius.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Mark de Croix »

★ AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY ★ CAMERA IS ON
U.S. DEPT. OF DEFENSE

ATTENTION!! (STAND AND FACE THE CAMERA)

👨‍✈️ Yes, SIR!!!
▶︎At ease, son.
👨‍✈️ Thank you, sir.
▶︎ Son, the intel on TQ you gave me panned out. Technically an ensign, you far exceeded performance specs. Both Admiral Halibut and myself are proud to have you aboard here.
👨‍✈️ Thank you, sir.
▶︎ Truthfully I was sorry to let you go to Fishbutt but his whole Recruitment Program is built around your participation. Your work in Intelligence--excepting the early goof with Enigma5000--has been superb. We're at a crossroads, son.
👨‍✈️ How so, sir?
▶︎ It's about your further work in Intelligence with me. Your TQ report is so explosive that you potentially could be hurt career-wise. I don't want that to happen.
👨‍✈️ I don't see how, sir.
▶︎ The writin's on the wall. And your further work with me could mean your downfall. Yet without your work-- the end of Democracy and the American Way.
👨‍✈️ uh, uhh?
▶︎ Son, before I go further, I must tell you we're heading into dangerous waters. I need you, your nation needs you but I gotta let you decide. You're officially not part of Intelligence anymore due to your assignment to Recruitment. I need you at my side but if we fail it could mean the end of your career.
👨‍✈️ You can count on me, sir. I'm in.
▶︎ Let me tell ya how I see it. And of course whatever I say must be in the strictest confidence.
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ Langley goes ahead and plants their own man in the 40th--behind my back--but purposely at a rank higher than me--Fleet Admiral! Outrageous, TQ is higher than me so when the unexpected comes and a face off, I gotta play patsy. A man never in the Navy comes as FA surely has an ulterior motive. All unofficial Langley at work and the rogue cadre inside the Firm must be found and defeated. Scare you enough, Mr. Markson?
👨‍✈️ No, sir. But I've known TQ to be a regular guy and it might not be what it seems.
▶︎ Said in true Adjutant fashion and why you are so valuable to me. Yet if the intel is solid we're dealing with the pro of dark shadows, someone so slippery as to evade all known counter-espionage measures. We are against the elite of the elite.
👨‍✈️ I've been in worse: like the time behind four scores in the fourth quarter against Army but pulling it out in the end.
▶︎ Yes, why I heard you called CB de Croix, Mr. Cold Blooded. I wish the stakes were similar but uh we gotta a tiger by the tail.
👨‍✈️ I gotcha sir. Let me ask: How well you know your driver?
▶︎ Not well since he's a recent assignment but Seaman John Beckham has served well. Why?
👨‍✈️ Sir, I have had to wrestle with this for awhile, so I didn't come sooner with it. But my team found his prints on the Enigma5000, the one we later found tampered with.
▶︎ Are you sure? Really sure?
👨‍✈️ Absolutely, sir.
▶︎ He came from Langley, hand-picked for me.
👨‍✈️ Whoa, they've fenced you in!
▶︎ I'll say. Totally outrageous. This is war!

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Mark de Croix »

⬇︎
Last edited by Mark de Croix on Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Mark de Croix »

👨‍✈️ Admiral, let's smash 'em!
▶︎ My feeling exactly but we've got to get some firepower first and finesse as well. Someone built on integrity. Can't think of anyone more suited than Commander Thomas Magnum, your cousin. Do you think we could enlist his help?
👨‍✈️ That's flattering, Admiral. I know he would appreciate your kind regard. Much will depend on his case load and what you have in mind.
▶︎ I'm sure he would understand my position and the situation we're in. As i see it, it would be best if I step back and let you two spearhead the operation. With you being new to Base M-M both of you would be outsiders, less likely to draw attention. It must be top secret, of course, and for that reason his fee on a contingency basis for compensation by the Navy once the operation completed. Essentially he would be doing it as a favor to you, for which I humbly apologize for being so presumptuous. But, son, I am in a corner and Magnum's the best hope.
👨‍✈️ I understand. No need for apology, sir. Your kind regard for him and me is quite enough.
▶︎ Thank you, Mr. Markson. I appreciate your understanding. I will be contacting you soon at which time I hope to hear Commander Magnum's kind reply. You are dismissed, son.
👨‍✈️ Thank you, sir!!

CAMERA IS OFF
⬇︎

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Hey guy why so glum.
👨‍✈️ You really pick up on things! I had another talk with Mac-n-Fish and just been thinking about things.
:magnum: Oh, yeah? What kind of things.
👨‍✈️ Am I really suited for the Navy?
:magnum: What?! Your whole family is Navy through and through. It's something you always wanted. And look you're a Vice Admiral in just a few weeks, ha, ha.
👨‍✈️ Yeah, I know but uh uh ... But can I be seen for who I am? The point of my 𝙸-Navy program. It's been a real whirlwind and everything and exciting being here. But, uh
:magnum: But what? The whole world is your oyster now.
👨‍✈️ It seems but uh now things are in reverse.
:magnum: Reverse? What?! You're a Vice Admiral!
👨‍✈️ Yeah, uh, well, okay, I come here and soon on the fast track to the top. Fishbutt made sure but I find it's all because I'm a pretty boy football hero he wants to ride to make his recruitment quotas. Then comes Mac-n-Fish, who makes me his chief assistant, but is it because of me? No. I find out it's because you're my cousin.
:magnum: What? Say that again.
👨‍✈️ I made Mac-n-Fish's chief assistant because of you.
:magnum: Uh?! He and I barely know each other.
👨‍✈️ What?! You're like a legend on base. He knows you so well, he wants you to join our investigation of the 40th Watch group. He says you're the best man for the job. Do you see? He wants to get you through me. Again I'm not seen as the real me.
:magnum: Whoa, whoa, a lot to unpack. First your promotions at Base M-M were at warp speed and so naturally a need for adjustment. There's always a give and take and your feeling down now is pretty normal. It's all a result of cooperation. You can't get ahead without help from others. Just like in football. You were the MVP but not without the good blocking and the team's grit to get the extra inch. Same here. They see your talent but you gotta be in position to use it. Right?
👨‍✈️ Yeah, I suppose.
:magnum: And whoa whoa about this: I thought Mac-n-Fish was the big fish we wanted to catch.
👨‍✈️ Yeah, I did too. But my inner voice told me he's on our side. It turns out Langley put him in a corner between his driver and their man, TQ. So he wants our help to investigate the 40th, what we've already been doing.
:magnum: I see.
👨‍✈️ He's wants to step back in favor of our lead. He promises the Navy will compensate you after the case is closed.
:magnum: Hmm, the last time like this was when I was called in to tail a Soviet spy. It came as a Presidential request, actually an order, ha, ha. Well, this time, I'll do it but only as a favor to you.
👨‍✈️ That's awesome, Tom, but kinda bitter sweet.
:magnum: I hate to say it but your commanders were right: cooperation, cooperation. Y'know, one hand washes the other. I'm sure there'll be a time I need a favor from you, too.
👨‍✈️ Thanks, Tom.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Mark de Croix »

★ AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY ★ CAMERA IS ON
U.S. DEPT. OF DEFENSE

👨‍✈️ Yes, SIR!!!
▶︎At ease, son.
👨‍✈️ Thank you, sir.
▶︎ Well, Mr. Markson, uh, have any word from Commander Magnum about his availability?
👨‍✈️ As a matter of fact I do, sir. He appears ready for service.
▶︎ Splendid. I wondered because I understand the last time he was called upon, the President had to twist his arm a bit. And he’s fine with the contingency fee basis?
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir.
▶︎ Great. And any developments with the 40th Watch group?
👨‍✈️ No, sir, not. Transmissions within the 40th have gone completely undetected. My team believes they are keeping silent for the time being.
▶︎ Hmm, what does Magnum say about it?
👨‍✈️ Nothing really, sir, only to keep at it.
▶︎ Precisely, coming from an ole pro that he is. You don’t mind, son, that I lean heavily on Magnum for this one?
👨‍✈️ Not at all, sir. He’s the pro.
▶︎ And what about my driver, Seaman Beckam?
👨‍✈️ Seaman Beckam, sir?
▶︎ That’s right.
👨‍✈️ Well, um, um …
▶︎ You did find his prints on the Enigma5000?
👨‍✈️ Yes Admiral but we’re giving him slack. No need to call him in just yet.
▶︎ I see but you got him in your sights?
👨‍✈️ Sorry, sir, my slip up. I’ve been on the 40th totally so far.
▶︎ You did say I was cornered by him and TQ, right?
👨‍✈️ Exactly, sir, he needs a close watch, too. I’ll get on it.
▶︎ Good. Make sure of that. I need you to hold things together as I can’t be in contact with Commander Magnum.
👨‍✈️ Assuredly, sir, assuredly.
▶︎ Well, then, we’re all set. Continue on as planned and keep me informed.
👨‍✈️ Yes, sir!!
▶︎ You’re dismissed, son.
👨‍✈️ Thank you, sir.

Mark de Croix
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Mark de Croix »

🌴 Island-T Mobile

:magnum: Hey guy I hear you were out of town for awhile.

👨‍✈️ Ri-ght! Where did ya hear it?

:magnum: Your phone was dead for days and days. So I got worried and called your mom. She said you were on maneuvers and family could not have any contact in any form electronic, personal, even postal.

👨‍✈️ Yeah, just got in from RM, readiness maneuvers. And I’m a changed man. I’ll never be same. Never the same. I got tons to tell ya.

:magnum: Well lay it on me man.

👨‍✈️ Tom, they fried my fucking brain. Fried it, man.

:magnum: Fried it oh shit.

👨‍✈️ I don’t know where to start. I really don’t. But before I do, get this, I’m a fucking admiral. A fucking 23-year old Admiral. My ole man was lucky enough to be in the same room with one. He slaved to get to be a commander. Of course it goes for all in our families, the Magnums and the de Croixes. All of 'em could be roll call of the finest ever—but I topped ‘em all—at least on paper. Fuck but on maneuvers I was a fucking ensign. Ha, Ha.
:magnum: It musta been a big letdown.

👨‍✈️ Yeah, like a funny horror show. In between the kowtowing assignments, I wanted to shout, “Don’t ya know who the fuck I am?! Then I’d laugh to myself about the whole bizarre spilt in personality thing--between the New Navy and the ONER system. Old Navy Equivalent Rank. Who the fuck thinks up these things? Get this: they would message my brain through those installed chips, “Remember you are an ONER ensign during this RM. You are an ONER ensign.” It was ringing that way still in my deep sleep. Shit, man but that’s just the beginning. Man, you ain’t, you ain’t …

:magnum: Mark, Mark, are you there!!

:magnum: Mark, Mark

ZZZZ--