Theme song

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LC3
Ensign

Theme song

#1 Post by LC3 »

I am a fan on the 1st MPI theme song by Ian Free-Bain. But I also like the more popular and widely know theme by Mike Post. How ever I have noticed a similarity between that theme song and another pop hit song that was also released at the same time it’s “Hot Rod Hearts”
By Robbie Dupree. The guitar parts sound identical. It is this me? Does anyone else hear the similarities.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Theme song

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome to Magnum-Mania LC3!

I haven't listened to Hot Rods Hearts since it charted way back in the day, I'll have to give it a listen.

If interested, check out all the audio options we have on the main page.

https://www.magnum-mania.com/Audio/Audio.html
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MikeS
Admiral

#3 Post by MikeS »

ConchRepublican wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 pm <snip>
Speaking of main page, is there a visible link from the forum to the main page? I have moused over every bit - I can't find one.

I thought you used to be able to click the graphic at the top to go to magnum-mania.com, I'm not sure anymore. It would be nice to have an obvious link versus editing the link in the address bar while browsing the forums.

Sorry if I am missing it, I really can't find it :oops:
MikeS

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

MikeS wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:04 am
ConchRepublican wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 pm <snip>
Speaking of main page, is there a visible link from the forum to the main page? I have moused over every bit - I can't find one.

I thought you used to be able to click the graphic at the top to go to magnum-mania.com, I'm not sure anymore. It would be nice to have an obvious link versus editing the link in the address bar while browsing the forums.

Sorry if I am missing it, I really can't find it :oops:
You're right, Mike. The graphic at the top used to go the the main site. It seems to have changed when the forum software was upgraded a few years ago. There's currently no way to link back. Need to get on that. I think we could also use a more obvious link to the forum from the website. It's always been a bit hidden.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.