Hello from Idaho

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Checkman
Ensign

Hello from Idaho

#1 Post by Checkman »

Hi New member, but longtime fan of the show going back to 1980. I actually watched the first episode when it aired on December 11, 1980. I was twelve years old; watched it with my dad. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago! I also watched the last episode when it aired on May 1, 1988. I watched that episode with my new girlfriend; now my wife for the past thirty years. Longtime fan of both the television series and Tom Selleck.

NotthatRick
Admiral

Re: Hello from Idaho

#2 Post by NotthatRick »

Welcome Checkman! This is a great site with some very knowledgeable people. You will like it here.

Gorilla Mask
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Gorilla Mask »

Welcome Checkman ! and take it easy at Robin's Nest... Would you like a candlelight dinner with a good Mouton-Rothschild or an evening chat after a good game of tennis?

... Or would you prefer a good Coops beer with our security manager in his bachelor apartment (sorry , hum.. 'guest house') ? :magnum:
"Je sais ce que vous allez me dire, et vous aurez raison..."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Checkman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 pm Hi New member, but longtime fan of the show going back to 1980. I actually watched the first episode when it aired on December 11, 1980. I was twelve years old; watched it with my dad. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago! I also watched the last episode when it aired on May 1, 1988. I watched that episode with my new girlfriend; now my wife for the past thirty years. Longtime fan of both the television series and Tom Selleck.
Welcome to Magnum-Mania Checkman!

Check out the watch party in the MPI Talk section, you may want to jump in with a bunch of other Maniacs and relive some positive vibes during this crazy time.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MikeS
Admiral

#5 Post by MikeS »

That is a really cool story Checkman, and welcome to the forum :)
MikeS