Giving my badge back

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

Giving my badge back

#1 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Dear all,

after a longer absence from the board, I have decided to leave permanently.

The reason you may ask?
Our current leader Conch!

Since he took over, he ran the board in a partizan manner - particularly when it came to the reboot!
For months, he was harrassing Peter Lenkow, insulting many of the present actors, criticized everything that he could find and make up - and encouraged trolls like his favorite, User TQ in his deeds.

He went after me personally early 2019 and obviously later realized that he went too far and posted an apology here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3913

I accepted his apology and hoped that we could move on from there, but then the trouble only started to get worse.
Obviously Conch could not let this all rest and he took every possible occasion to go after me!

Everything escalated, when I came across by TQ's post about Hydroxychloroquine here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4096

I have called TQ out for giving scientificly uproven medical advise here and ultimately told him to "shut up".
In return, he called me "being an ahole" - which would be reason for anyone with a clear judgement - to give him a warning.

But no, Conch with his hurt pride against me - issued a warning to ME!

Since then - everytime that I visit the forum, I am getting upset.
I have discussed the matter with several long standing members here and one gave me the advise to give it a break over summer.

That is long over - and it still stings!
I am 56 years old, and nobody will treat me like that! That's not how I treat people, that's not how a Moderator and owner of the board should treat his members!
If anything, Conch has proven that he's unfit to run this board in a non-partizan manner and obviously he's sitting on a very high horse since he has been labelled "Superfan" and had some interviews!

I've enjoyed being a member on the board for 11 years. I still enjoy the original Magnum P.I. and enjoy the reboot to a similar degree.

I've learned a lot from this forum, which was created by JJ, I've made some friends - I've made some enemies, but this time is now over for me.

Farewell and best wishes to everybody

Higgins aka Bondtoys

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Giving my badge back

#2 Post by T.Q. »

Take care Bond.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#3 Post by Pahonu »

Sorry to see you go. We’ve had some great conversations over the last decade or so. Best of luck and you always know where to find me!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Higgins (aka Bondtoys) wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm Dear all,

after a longer absence from the board, I have decided to leave permanently.

The reason you may ask?
Our current leader Conch!

Since he took over, he ran the board in a partizan manner - particularly when it came to the reboot!
For months, he was harrassing Peter Lenkow, insulting many of the present actors, criticized everything that he could find and make up - and encouraged trolls like his favorite, User TQ in his deeds.

He went after me personally early 2019 and obviously later realized that he went too far and posted an apology here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3913

I accepted his apology and hoped that we could move on from there, but then the trouble only started to get worse.
Obviously Conch could not let this all rest and he took every possible occasion to go after me!

Everything escalated, when I came across by TQ's post about Hydroxychloroquine here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4096

I have called TQ out for giving scientificly uproven medical advise here and ultimately told him to "shut up".
In return, he called me "being an ahole" - which would be reason for anyone with a clear judgement - to give him a warning.

But no, Conch with his hurt pride against me - issued a warning to ME!

Since then - everytime that I visit the forum, I am getting upset.
I have discussed the matter with several long standing members here and one gave me the advise to give it a break over summer.

That is long over - and it still stings!
I am 56 years old, and nobody will treat me like that! That's not how I treat people, that's not how a Moderator and owner of the board should treat his members!
If anything, Conch has proven that he's unfit to run this board in a non-partizan manner and obviously he's sitting on a very high horse since he has been labelled "Superfan" and had some interviews!

I've enjoyed being a member on the board for 11 years. I still enjoy the original Magnum P.I. and enjoy the reboot to a similar degree.

I've learned a lot from this forum, which was created by JJ, I've made some friends - I've made some enemies, but this time is now over for me.

Farewell and best wishes to everybody

Higgins aka Bondtoys
Wow . . . OK.

The last thing I am going to do is rehash history. I'm surprised, and not just a little bit saddened, that after the challenging year that 2020 has been for us all this past issue has been something that has been weighing on you for this long.

I know your enthusiasm for the reboot will be missed in that section of the forum.

I wish good health for you and your family in the future.

Viel Glück
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 pm