For New Members - PLEASE READ

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: For New Members - PLEASE READ

#31 Post by ConchRepublican »

Schnertzman wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:30 am Thank you for this fun and informative site about this great show.

I am an old US Navy Vet, and I love all the references/inferences to the USN/MC.

This time the show was made was a different time and as they always say, they don't make them like they used to. While many episodes have some humor, quite a few are serious and you can feel it.. That's why this show won it's awards.

I missed most of these shows as I was in the NAVY then and when I got back I just didn't have the time to watch. But now I'm binging on Prime Video.

Glad to be here and interact.
E
Welcome to our Virtual Estate, which still exists in our memories if not in the real world. Work the locks and don't worry about the dogs, they are enjoying some tasty steaks!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Schnertzman
Ensign

#32 Post by Schnertzman »

:shock: Don't look at the dogs, pick the lock, you looked at the dogs... Thanks Conch. And to all of that still hangout occasionally 👊🏻🤚🏻✌🏻
E
JQH: Sometimes you amaze me, Magnum, truly. Your intuitive grasp of human nature is so...so...
TSM: Perceptive?
JQH: Pre-adolescent.”

HonoluluLulu
Ensign

#33 Post by HonoluluLulu »

I've been coming to this awesome site and forum for years, since the show started getting released on DVD, and just realised I have never signed up. I grew up watching Magnum PI in the 80's, and still have the video tape of the final episode that I recorded off TV, with a big "DO NOT WIPE OVER" message on the label. Back in those days, I could not have imagined such things as season box sets. Thanks to all for the great site!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#34 Post by Pahonu »

HonoluluLulu wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:35 am I've been coming to this awesome site and forum for years, since the show started getting released on DVD, and just realised I have never signed up. I grew up watching Magnum PI in the 80's, and still have the video tape of the final episode that I recorded off TV, with a big "DO NOT WIPE OVER" message on the label. Back in those days, I could not have imagined such things as season box sets. Thanks to all for the great site!
Welcome! I too recall watching that final episode and also recorded it on VHS. I recorded many episodes actually because I was often not home when it was on, being in high school during its final seasons. I watched it from the very beginning, with my parents at first when I was in late elementary school. The VHS tapes are long gone though with various moves in my college years and after. I don’t even have a VCR anymore. Times do change!

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:17 pm
HonoluluLulu wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:35 am I've been coming to this awesome site and forum for years, since the show started getting released on DVD, and just realised I have never signed up. I grew up watching Magnum PI in the 80's, and still have the video tape of the final episode that I recorded off TV, with a big "DO NOT WIPE OVER" message on the label. Back in those days, I could not have imagined such things as season box sets. Thanks to all for the great site!
Welcome! I too recall watching that final episode and also recorded it on VHS. I recorded many episodes actually because I was often not home when it was on, being in high school during its final seasons. I watched it from the very beginning, with my parents at first when I was in late elementary school. The VHS tapes are long gone though with various moves in my college years and after. I don’t even have a VCR anymore. Times do change!
I still have my VCR but unfortunately the new TVs don't have the output to plug the coaxial cable from the VCR into. :(

ConchRepublican

#36 Post by ConchRepublican »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:30 pm
I still have my VCR but unfortunately the new TVs don't have the output to plug the coaxial cable from the VCR into. :(
Will this work?

Coax to Hdmi Adapter BNC to HDMI Conver ... /d/cBsszXw
CoziTV Superfan spot

Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ConchRepublican wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:28 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:30 pm
Will this work?

Coax to Hdmi Adapter BNC to HDMI Conver ... /d/cBsszXw
Conch, that link doesn't take me anywhere.

ConchRepublican

#38 Post by ConchRepublican »

How about this?

https://a.co/d/cBsszXw
CoziTV Superfan spot

Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

ConchRepublican wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:27 pm How about this?

https://a.co/d/cBsszXw
Cool. Thanks! Not that I need this at the moment (don't think I have anything on VHS that I don't own on DVD) but it might be cool to see what a VHS image would look like on my SmartTV using this HDMI adapter. :)

Raykv423
Lieutenant Commander

#40 Post by Raykv423 »

Hi! I'm new to the forums but I'm already familiar with the OG show :D I haven't seen it in eight years until I decided to rewatch it last week. Still loving it haha.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#41 Post by Aloha Friday »

Welcome Ray...its been a little quiet on the forum lately, but hopefully it picks up again soon.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

ConchRepublican

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Raykv423 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:07 am Hi! I'm new to the forums but I'm already familiar with the OG show :D I haven't seen it in eight years until I decided to rewatch it last week. Still loving it haha.
Welcome to our virtual Estate Ray!

The Lads are enjoying some fine steaks so feel free to roam the grounds at your leisure!
CoziTV Superfan spot