Site update

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Site update

#31 Post by Sam »

I'm all for updating and would much appreciate anything that would make posting photos easier.
Just make sure it's compatible with my Motorola Razr V3.. 😂😂😂

litefoot
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by litefoot »

Back up! Huzzah! I feared someone hadn't paid the bill and we were gone forever.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#33 Post by ConchRepublican »

litefoot wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 pm Back up! Huzzah! I feared someone hadn't paid the bill and we were gone forever.
Pretty close . . . the bill for the site WAS due and the card on file was expired. Situation resolved.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#34 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ConchRepublican wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm
litefoot wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 pm Back up! Huzzah! I feared someone hadn't paid the bill and we were gone forever.
Pretty close . . . the bill for the site WAS due and the card on file was expired. Situation resolved.
Thanks again for your dedication, amigo.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 pm
ConchRepublican wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Thanks again for your dedication, amigo.
More than welcome!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

NotthatRick
Admiral

#36 Post by NotthatRick »

Conch. You are THE MAN! :magnum:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Hi Guys,
I wasn't sure where to ask the following but here goes -

Since the site update, am I correct that we can't access all the neat stuff at the "old" Magnum Mania? The section on the Magnum babes, the guide to episodes, etc.
I can't find anything - as this site is currently constituted - that links to all the wonderful old goodies.
This is in no way a criticism, I for one am beyond grateful to Conch and his crew for keeping this place going.
And perhaps it's my fault that I don't see the links to the old MM, I am hardly adept at navigating anything to do with computers.
If in fact one can't now see the old stuff, perhaps at some point there could be links to the goodies, which many of you old timers worked so hard on?
I hope it's not gone forever.
PLEASE, can someone tell us what the situation is?
Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Money won't change you but time WILL take you on"...James Brown

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Sam »

Hi Dobie... I haven't found it either but I just use this link.

http://magnum-mania.com/

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#39 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 am Hi Dobie... I haven't found it either but I just use this link.

The forum can be accessed from the above link, but not the other way around, as far as I can see.

Pahonu

#40 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:43 am Hi Guys,
I wasn't sure where to ask the following but here goes -

Since the site update, am I correct that we can't access all the neat stuff at the "old" Magnum Mania? The section on the Magnum babes, the guide to episodes, etc.
I can't find anything - as this site is currently constituted - that links to all the wonderful old goodies.
This is in no way a criticism, I for one am beyond grateful to Conch and his crew for keeping this place going.
And perhaps it's my fault that I don't see the links to the old MM, I am hardly adept at navigating anything to do with computers.
If in fact one can't now see the old stuff, perhaps at some point there could be links to the goodies, which many of you old timers worked so hard on?
I hope it's not gone forever.
PLEASE, can someone tell us what the situation is?
Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Money won't change you but time WILL take you on"...James Brown
Hey Dobie, perhaps you should bookmark the link Sam provided above. As I mentioned, the forum is accessible from it, but not the other way around.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Sam wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 am Hi Dobie... I haven't found it either but I just use this link.

Sam,
Thank you so much, it's great to see the old site again. I really appreciate it. If you ever find yourself at the King Kamehameha Club the Old Dusseldorfs are on me
and my uncle Luther Gillis. It's first class all the way, not a scrung-o in the joint.

Pahonu,
Perhaps some time down the line the old site could be linked to the new one here. It would enhance the Magnum Mania experience and perhaps attract more new members.
Just a thought. Thanks again to you and Conch for all you do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Too poor to paint, too proud to whitewash"...Lee Marvin's comment after visiting an old marine buddy's shack in a Kentucky backwater.
I don't know if Lee made that line up but I always found it funny.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I guess I'm a little confused. What is this "old site" that you chaps speak of?

http://magnum-mania.com/ is the current site. It's the home page of the current main site. It's the one I always go to in order to get to these forums.

Dobie, how do you get on here? How do you access the magnum-mania site?

Pahonu

#43 Post by Pahonu »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:31 pm I guess I'm a little confused. What is this "old site" that you chaps speak of?

http://magnum-mania.com/ is the current site. It's the home page of the current main site. It's the one I always go to in order to get to these forums.

I think Dobie was using a direct link to the forum and unfortunately there’s not a link from the forum back to the main site if you start in the forum. I believe their used to be. It’s not an old site you haven’t accessed.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm
IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:31 pm I guess I'm a little confused. What is this "old site" that you chaps speak of?

I think Dobie was using a direct link to the forum and unfortunately there’s not a link from the forum back to the main site if you start in the forum. I believe their used to be. It’s not an old site you haven’t accessed.
But are the "old goodies" that he's looking for on the main site? I thought he was looking for old discussions, which would be in the discussion forum, not on the main site.

Pahonu

#45 Post by Pahonu »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:47 pm
Pahonu wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm

But are the "old goodies" that he's looking for on the main site? I thought he was looking for old discussions, which would be in the discussion forum, not on the main site.
No, he referred to the episode guide and other things linked on the main site. There’s not an old forum or anything. This forum dates to the time JJ founded the site.