Site update

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Site update

#16 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Mr. Keoki wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:44 am
ConchRepublican wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:05 pm Thanks T.Q.!
Just trying to keep things going . . . and one day I'll get around to making it better!!
We all appreciate your efforts, Conch. Thank you so much. While I am writing you, the newest member here
apparently has just one agenda and that is to sell an investment that has no legal backing/supervision or sanction
from any government and any pro would tell you to not just stay away from, but run!
He sent me his crud in a Magnum Mania private message instead of in the light of day on these boards.
I wouldn't normally ever reveal a private message unless I ran it past you first, Conch, but this caper
ain't on the level. I just don't want my fellow members being taken advantage of. I deleted his link:

automated crypto traderDeleteQuoteSent: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:21 am
Recipient: Luther's nephew Dobie
 Hello!!! automated crypto trader bot that makes profit for you, so you can focus on the important things in life.
Investing in crypto currencies has never been easier.
You get some bonus points for writing like Luther would talk. :luther: :D :D
Thanks a bunch Conch for your dedication to this site.
Hi Mr. Keoki,
LOL! I don't know if this will reflect badly on me, but I wasn't imitating uncle Luther but rather channeling my inner Jerseyman. That that mutt took me for some mark that
he could rip off annoyed me more than the "attempted" theft.
Bit of old Jersey wisdom - If you can't figure out who the mark is in a poker game, it's you.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by K Hale »

I don’t know what it’s about but there’s some guy posting a bunch of threads in what looks like Russian or something, in the Jesse Stone forum. Probably Ivan!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

Been coming here a lot for my Hawaii Five-0 discussion with Ivan (and the watch party).

Notice the SPAM is still crazy.

What a pain in the rump for you Conch.

Is it a daily thing having to clean it up?

What a hassle.

P.S. I love SPAM. The right kind of SPAM. :lol:

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#19 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:40 pm Been coming here a lot for my Hawaii Five-0 discussion with Ivan (and the watch party).

Notice the SPAM is still crazy.

What a pain in the rump for you Conch.

Is it a daily thing having to clean it up?

What a hassle.

P.S. I love SPAM. The right kind of SPAM. :lol:

Cleaning up the aisles multiple times per day unfortunately.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by T.Q. »

ConchRepublican wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm
You could make a few other guys that are frequent visitors (pahonu, Bitchly, Ivan) Admins maybe.

With the understanding they have the power solely to ZAP the SPAM posts and nothing else (ie. police the board, make changes, etc).

Last edited by T.Q. on Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#21 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:02 pm
You could make a few other guys that are frequent visitors (pahonu, Bitchly, Ivan) Admins maybe.

With the understanding they have the power solely to ZAP the SPAM posts and nothing else (ie. police the board, make chances, etc).

Conch, I wouldn’t mind helping out with removing spam. I check in almost every day. Let me know.

ConchRepublican

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Pahonu wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:29 pm
T.Q. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:02 pm

With the understanding they have the power solely to ZAP the SPAM posts and nothing else (ie. police the board, make chances, etc).

Conch, I wouldn’t mind helping out with removing spam. I check in almost every day. Let me know.
Thank you! I have considered deputizing a few of you ...
CoziTV Superfan spot

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by 308GUY »

ConchRepublican wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Thank you! I have considered deputizing a few of you ...
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARCjAQ
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by T.Q. »

"Just want to say Hello!"

"The cernos caps tablets dextr…"

"Typically pubis-to-anus mini-mental conscious, exceeds proline"

Time to deputize?

ConchRepublican

#25 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 pm "Just want to say Hello!"

"The cernos caps tablets dextr…"

"Typically pubis-to-anus mini-mental conscious, exceeds proline"

Time to deputize?

LOL!

Actually, Styles post mocking things in MPI Talk has worked pretty well as a catch-all net . . . somehow it's drawing the 'bots there and keeping the rest of the forum mostly clear. It's much easier to clean up just one aisle as opposed to rushing throughout the store!
CoziTV Superfan spot

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by T.Q. »

Conch,

The Magnum Mania banner at the top no longer links to the main site. Keeps you on the discussion board.

Used to be a quick way to check stuff.

If you are ever troubleshooting anything in the future… :wink:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Sam »

Hi Conch,
Regarding the MM banner. I'm wondering if it would be easier for now to make a new section... Magnum Mania Homepage....with the link to the page and place it as the first section above The Show..
It's surprising how many folks don't know that this isn't the homepage. I've seen links dropped to material that is on the first page of the homepage...also folks that find locations that have already been identified... It's cool that they're sharing their finds but the posts don't generally get much of a response because it's already known.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#28 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Yeah. That connection between the forum and the site could be way more seamless. I realize that one of the big problems is that Conch isn’t a tech guy and has to farm out major changes to a developer (paying out of pocket). With no ads to help it makes it difficult to justify. Maybe we could set up a patreon or whatever the kids do these days. Apparently ads are verboten because Universal may object to the content we host if it becomes a for profit website.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Sam »

I'm all for keeping this forum ad free.. and I believe that Conch pays eight bucks a month to keep this up and running.
As far as any other out-of-pocket expenses I would definitely be willing to contribute.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#30 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 am I'm all for keeping this forum ad free.. and I believe that Conch pays eight bucks a month to keep this up and running.
As far as any other out-of-pocket expenses I would definitely be willing to contribute.
It's the ongoing security updates that need someone with more know how. Plus, any architecture updates - new pages, correcting links, etc. The site itself is built on old html technology and pretty much all websites have moved to new platforms like drupal and word press. But that's way more work than anyone is likely to put into it. One thing I wanted to do was add code to allow Tapatalk to interact with the forum. It's an app that makes it WAY easier to interact with the forum on a phone. Notifications, updates and adding a photo is free. You just upload it from your phone - no alternative hosting or anything.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.