"Hi Guys"... Im new, I thought I'd say hello to everyone

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

prokaryote
Ensign

"Hi Guys"... Im new, I thought I'd say hello to everyone

#1 Post by prokaryote »

"Hi Guys"... I'm in Seattle.

I came across this website after having to start to work from home a few weeks ago.

Its great that people still enjoy the show. I am a pretty big fan of Magnum, p.i. I also really like the made for TV movies, Jesse Stone. I wish he'd do another Jesse Stone... The last movie (2015? 2016?) left every thing sorta up in the air. Or maybe he could record an audiobook of Jesse Stone or something.

I don't really have any memorabilia from either the Jesse Stone movies or Magnum (its all so pricey and hard to find)... except my brother gave me a signed 8x10 a few years ago. I have no idea if its authentic.

I have no idea if TS even signs pictures in person or not (not that hes ever in Seattle...) Has anyone on the forums here ever mailed him anything and received it back? Since hes 75 now, I was thinking about trying to get a real autograph but i am not even sure where i would mail an 8x10 to. From everything I have read, he doesn't even do social media?

see ya around!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: "Hi Guys"... Im new, I thought I'd say hello to everyon

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

prokaryote wrote:"Hi Guys"... I'm in Seattle.

I came across this website after having to start to work from home a few weeks ago.
Its great that people still enjoy the show. I am a pretty big fan of Magnum, p.i. I also really like the made for TV movies, Jesse Stone. I wish he'd do another Jesse Stone... The last movie (2015? 2016?) left every thing sorta up in the air. Or maybe he could record an audiobook of Jesse Stone or something.
I don't really have any memorabilia from either the Jesse Stone movies or Magnum (its all so pricey and hard to find)... except my brother gave me a signed 8x10 a few years ago. I have no idea if its authentic.
I have no idea if TS even signs pictures in person or not (not that hes ever in Seattle...) Has anyone on the forums here ever mailed him anything and received it back? Since hes 75 now, I was thinking about trying to get a real autograph but i am not even sure where i would mail an 8x10 to. From everything I have read, he doesn't even do social media?
see ya around!
Hi prokaryote,
When his autobiography comes out, write in care of the publisher. Publishers usually send it right on to the author, so you are doing an end run around
all of Selleck's "people". After reading Colonel David Hackworth's bio - most decorated soldier since Audie Murphy - I sent him a note and we were pen
pals for awhile. We chatted about Scott O'Grady, the "hero" who had a book/movie (Behind Enemy Lines)about being shot down in Yugoslavia, heroically living
off the land and evading Serb patrols, all by his lonesome.
Only when the rescue chopper picked him up, he was wearing a British Army field jacket, which can be seen(You Tube) when he lands
on the carrier in front of all the cameras. A SAS team saw him shot down and picked him up from the get go, fed him and took him leagues away with them.
Shot down pilots are trained to stay in the area so they can be more readily found and rescued, no way do you magically hike over 80 miles thru enemy country.
But I digress. Welcome to the boards.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by K Hale »

Hi guy!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

prokaryote
Ensign

#4 Post by prokaryote »

thanks! that's a great idea. I was gonna buy his memoirs when they came out anyhow.

thanks for the info

Michelle

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

prokaryote wrote:"Hi Guys"... I'm in Seattle.

see ya around!
Hi prokaryote!! Welcome to our virtual estate!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04