What's wrong with the board?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

What's wrong with the board?

#1 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

test

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: What's wrong with the board?

#2 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I was able to post this by checking ALL of the boxes below the text box.

MikeS
Admiral

#3 Post by MikeS »

The site is definitely broken. I tried yesterday to post after you did but I couldn't, kept getting 'not enough characters in message' error.

Even before logging in to the forum I'v been seeing php error messages at the top of the sub forums and in any thread I clicked on for a better part of a week now.
MikeS

MikeS
Admiral

#4 Post by MikeS »

Thank you, checking all the boxes allowed me to post as well... here's the error message at the top of the page I see.

This line repeats with the same error about 15 times:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

... and then these 4 errors on their respective lines:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
MikeS

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I was getting the not enough characters message until I checked the boxes. I see the same errors at the top page and some of the fonts in the posts are huge. Also some of the posts are blank (even very old ones). I can see who posted and when, but the text box is empty.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

You just need to select "Do not automatically parse URLs" to post.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by 308GUY »

The forum is "broken".....something in the data/format is outdated, at least that's what is suspected at this juncture.

Doesn't seem to affect the rest of the board, but I haven't tried looking at "everything"....but the forum definitely has a major malfunction...been that way for quite a while...since about the 20th of Sept. or so, as far as I can tell.

A "fix" is supposed to be in the works...is what I'm told.

Patience is a virtue! :magnum:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hi guys!

So, I think I have gotten the first part resolved. Now for the fun stuff . . .

Stay tuned and bear with us, we haven't lost the 7th Galaxy yet!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Green(e)
Ensign

#9 Post by Green(e) »

Just FYI none of the images in the forum posts are loading for me. Tried multiple browsers etc. No images in the forums.
"Rules are rules."

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

[quote="Green(e)"]Just FYI none of the images in the forum posts are loading for me. Tried multiple browsers etc. No images in the forums.[/quote]

Same for me. Some posts are totally blank. I'm still seeing the error messages at the top of topic page.

ConchRepublican

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

[quote="MagnumsLeftShoulder"][quote="Green(e)"]Just FYI none of the images in the forum posts are loading for me. Tried multiple browsers etc. No images in the forums.[/quote]

Same for me. Some posts are totally blank. I'm still seeing the error messages at the top of topic page.[/quote]

I see that. It seems it's how things were saved behind the scenes which needs to be upgraded. Same with the videos on the main page, it's about the format.

I have someone, recommended by a fellow Maniac, working on the fix.

I don't expect this to be easy, but I expect it to get done. First I had to clean up some site ownership issues that weren't clearly handled during the transfer from JJ to Doc and then Doc to myself. That was big stumbling block . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

MikeS
Admiral

#12 Post by MikeS »

The PHP error is back, lets see if I can post???

To post you must check all the boxes below in the editor otherwise "not enough characters" displays.

Disable BBCode thru Notify me...
MikeS

MikeS
Admiral

#13 Post by MikeS »

Very strange, the board would npot let me edit my post so I had to post again. I typed this into my first post, previewed it but submitting only gave me my original post. I just wanted to let people know...

[b][i]To post you must check all the boxes below in the editor otherwise "not enough characters" displays.

Disable BBCode thru Notify me...[/i][/b]
MikeS

ConchRepublican

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hi guys!

The site recently had a hiccup in the renewal process, not sure if that was part of the issue. I'm away right now but will address any issues the beginning of next week.
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

Our tech guy will be looking at this issue a little later this week, he is currently traveling.

Stay tuned.
CoziTV Superfan spot